Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #161  
    I have emailed the exported data a number of times, and stored them in ClassicNote as well. The last one I emailed to myself was 45,531 characters. If ClassicNote stores notes in unicode, that would be over 90,000 bytes. You may be able to recreate the problem using a note of this size. I didn't know how big it was (I just knew it took forever to scroll through it on the Pre) until I copied it and pasted into an app that would tell me how many characters there were.
    ClassicNote stores the memos in a SQLite database. As far as I understand the webOS implementation of SQLite it's using the standard limits. It seems that with your amount of data you reached one of those limits (which are not clearly depicted btw).
    Maybe I should implement a check for the max memo size. Most probably something around 32k chars would be a usable compromise?!

I'm sorry for your trouble - but to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea to use Classicnote as a backup place for the whole database of other programs
    This is a great app! I'm enjoying all the (quick) updates and improvements, and I really like the password/encryption.

There is one little, unimportant thing though -- in the encryption pop-up, it says, 'Enter Passwort' (not Password).

Perhaps that's the German spelling ...?

Anyway, could you please change it? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    ClassicNote stores the memos in a SQLite database. As far as I understand the webOS implementation of SQLite it's using the standard limits. It seems that with your amount of data you reached one of those limits (which are not clearly depicted btw).
    Maybe I should implement a check for the max memo size. Most probably something around 32k chars would be a usable compromise?!

I'm sorry for your trouble - but to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea to use Classicnote as a backup place for the whole database of other programs
    No problem, I understand, and don't expect you to support a note that large. I only brought it up because it did work at one time -- they are indeed stored correctly in my database. It only became a problem a couple of ClassicNote updates ago -- the released version as of Jan 2 did not have an issue with them.

I agree it's not a good place to store the backups. It was just intended as a temporary backup when I upgraded KeyRing, because I have lost data when upgrading a couple of other apps (not KeyRing). I didn't want that to happen with my password data.

I still love ClassicNote, and don't plan on ever storing anything in the Palm note app ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    For any of you still having trouble getting this to work:
    1. Copy sqlite3.dll to c:\windows\system32\
    2. Open Start menu - type cmd & hit enter - close the Command prompt window opened
    3. Open Start menu - right click on Command Prompt menu item and choose Run as administrator
    4. Type regsvr32 sqlite3.dll & hit enter - you should get a successful registration
    5. plug in you Pre - choose USB
    6. Double click on PDtoCN_*.exe version you have
    7. Choose your user name on the left side & correct drive letter on the right side
    8. Click on Import button
    9. Click to import each of your categories from your Palm memos

I made assumption - you have Palm 6.? installed, Vista32, have Memos, zip file unzipped and open in explorer window. I had Palm Desktop open during the sync - don't know if that is needed.
    Thanks for this post - couldn't import my 400 notes from Treo until I saw this.

Would suggest delete option in drop down menu (although I like the swipe away once I knew how to do it). It took my a while to figure out.

Also - looking forward to desktop sync.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    There is one little, unimportant thing though -- in the encryption pop-up, it says, 'Enter Passwort' (not Password).
    fixed in the next release...
    I imported my 300-400 memos from the palm desktop to the WebOS app, then realized how bad the app was. I then imported to ClassicNote and is great. Problem is, I want to delete all those memos in the WebOS app, but will take me forever to do individually. Anybody know of a quicker way?

Ben
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettcurtis View Post
    Problem is, I want to delete all those memos in the WebOS app, but will take me forever to do individually. Anybody know of a quicker way?
    I had exactly the same problem after installing the first ClassicNote version (and importing all the old notes) - but since then I never opened the webOS memo-app again - so who cares when those memos rot there

To be honest: I searched the palm-emulator internals a little bit for the memo db. I think I found it, but didn't dare to delete them by hand - and it seems that would be the only way to delete them...
    Last edited by Seppel; 01/28/2010 at 01:16 AM.
  8.    #168  
    just released another version with two minor fixes...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I was able to transfer my memos from palm centro via desk top to palm pre +. How do I transfer from palm pre + to classicnotes?
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrades View Post
    I was able to transfer my memos from palm centro via desk top to palm pre +. How do I transfer from palm pre + to classicnotes?
    Till now - only using the ClassicNote PalmDesktop Importer you can find on my HP.
    There's no direct way to access the webOS memos....

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Das ist antatisch!
    One more suggestion: Direct input to create new note rather than search, then put the search button at bottomleft corner instead, Vielen Dank!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fransoft View Post
    Das ist antatisch!
    One more suggestion: Direct input to create new note rather than search, then put the search button at bottomleft corner instead, Vielen Dank!
    NO!!!!!! I hate that idea. That is how the old Palm OS worked and it was quite frustrating. I need quick access to the notes and so I love that typing automatically triggers a search. If you want to add a new memo, hit the button.

I suppose it could always be a preference for those who disagree but please do NOT implement this as a standard function!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
  13.    #173  
    Das ist antatisch!
    I don't like that idea either.
    What I could imagine:
    -you type text for direct filtering (like now)
    -if you push "New" and there's text in the filter-field this text will be entered into the new memo...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Das ist antatisch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    I don't like that idea either.
    What I could imagine:
    -you type text for direct filtering (like now)
    -if you push "New" and there's text in the filter-field this text will be entered into the new memo...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Agreed...This sort of data entry doesn't make sense on the Pre...

If you really want fast access, you should patch the global search assistant to allow for note creation in ClassicNote.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi,

Would it be possible to have...

When opening a memo that you've located using the global search, to have the cursor placed on the line containing the text you searched for?

and/or...

Have a find function with a memo?

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    So I am yet another victim of the memo function crash when Palm dumped the old memo program integration with palm desktop. I use my 300+ memos on a several-times-per-day-basis and HATE how palm abandoned the ability to back memos up.

Anyhow, thanks for creating this excellent program, a real leap forward.

My main issue however is the program's lack of the ability to be at work, edit one of my existing memos on the pre, and come home and be able to "sync" it with the backup version on palm desktop so that the original version on palm desktop would now remain updated.

Is two-way sync between classicnote <--> palm desktop memos planned for the near-future?
    Ok, just manually migrated all my memos from Pre's memo app to ClassicNote...took 3 hours.

Just realized a huge drawback to classicnote. The search feature does not search for terms WITHIN memos, just searches for terms in titles. The Pre memo program may have a poor interface etc, etc, but it searches for text WITHIN memos which is HUGELY helpful since I use that feature everyday. Any plans to incorporate this into ClassicNote?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Ok, just manually migrated all my memos from Pre's memo app to ClassicNote...took 3 hours.

Just realized a huge drawback to classicnote. The search feature does not search for terms WITHIN memos, just searches for terms in titles. The Pre memo program may have a poor interface etc, etc, but it searches for text WITHIN memos which is HUGELY helpful since I use that feature everyday. Any plans to incorporate this into ClassicNote?
    If you tap on the magnifying glass button (at the bottom right of the main screen), you get search within memos. Works like a charm.

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    a simple but excellent app. very very useful. Thank you.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    When opening a memo that you've located using the global search, to have the cursor placed on the line containing the text you searched for?

and/or...

Have a find function with a memo?
    The problem is using the current SDK its not so easy to place the cursor within this kind of textfield...
    But I like the idea - and will have a closer look if I can implement it.

Is two-way sync between classicnote <--> palm desktop memos planned for the near-future?
    I'm planning a stand-alone desktop program incl. two-way sync. Using PalmDesktop would bring too much restrictions in formatting the text...

Cheers,
    Seppel
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast