Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That note is an export of my keyring db which is fairly big. This particular note I apparently had not assigned a category previously, though similar notes I had assigned a category.
    how did you import it? What do you mean by "fairly big"? Is the new category you want to assign marked as encrypted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    When it locks up, I am able to switch it to card display, but when I throw the card away, the corner menu that says ClassicNote doesn't go away. I can bring up the launcher, but I can't interact with it.
    seems like there is a problem writing or changing this note?! When closing the app it will try to save the note as well...

Cheers,
    Seppel
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I noticed that you added the ability to email a note. This is great, except it requires that you highlight all of the text and then choose the email option. Also, it does not retain the line breaks so in the email, it's just a long paragraph and doesn't look right. Is there a way you can make the email function work like it does in textPress! (paid app).
    could you describe the way textPress works?
    What I could do:
    - ask to select the whole note by a dialog
    - try to repair the linebreaks

But for the selecting: its probably even faster using the shortcuts:
    1. GA+a (for select all)
    2. GA+e (for eMail)

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Great app. Ran perfectly. made my donation. Looking forward to your ongoing development.
    Bill
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Great app, getting better and better. Thanks much. Sent some Euros your way...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Euros sent.
    Thanks!
    Tim
    Excellent app! 5 star rating! I wrote a review here:
    http://palmdoc.net/?p=2751
    and sent in my Euro donation as well.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Hallo, wie kann ich einen Eintrag (Notiz) löschen? Ich habe keine Funktion dafür gefunden.
    How can I delete an entry?
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Schubert View Post
    Hallo, wie kann ich einen Eintrag (Notiz) löschen? Ich habe keine Funktion dafür gefunden.
    How can I delete an entry?
    einfach nach rechts aus der Liste rausschieben...
    Just swipe it out of the list...
    Mmh, geht bei mir nicht. Meinst Du die geöffnete Notiz verkleinern und dann nach rechts rausschieben? Wenn ich das versuche "springt" die Notiz zur Mitte des Bildschirms zurück.
    Nach oben lässt die Notiz rausschieben, wird dann aber nicht gelöscht.
    Pardon, schon klar.
    Besten Dank, Mathias.

Super die Software. Es wäre wirklich schön, wenn es eine Pc-Anwendung gäbe und sync möglich ist.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    nicht die notiz - in der liste der notizen musst du schieben, dann verschwindet die "tabellen"reihe, 2 buttons erscheinen und du kannst entweder löschen oder abbrechen.
    das ist bei allen (!) webos-programmen, die in listen organisiert sind, so
  12.    #152  
    I just released 0.1.12. Check the Changelog for new features...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    The line breaks work great now when sending via email. However, the note loses its formatting such as bold, italics, etc. Is it possible to retain this formatting?
  14.    #154  
    Is it possible to retain this formatting?
    No - with the current SDK not. I'm sorry. The only way would be to send the whole memo as an eMail.
    But I'm not able to get the formatting of the selected text with this kind of widget
    No worries. Usually I am emailing the entire memo rather than some selected text within the memo. How would I retain the formatting if I sent the entire memo?
  16.    #156  
    No worries. Usually I am emailing the entire memo rather than some selected text within the memo. How would I retain the formatting if I sent the entire memo?
    using the new function I have to implement
    Ah ok. Thanks for all the hard work. I love this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    how did you import it? What do you mean by "fairly big"? Is the new category you want to assign marked as encrypted?
    seems like there is a problem writing or changing this note?! When closing the app it will try to save the note as well...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    To add the note, I had used the export to clipboard function in KeyRing and pasted it into a new note. Nothing is set as encrypted, as I created these notes before you added the encryption option. The export data itself is encrypted and then base64 encoded (I believe... I would have to check the KeyRing thread for that info).

I have emailed the exported data a number of times, and stored them in ClassicNote as well. The last one I emailed to myself was 45,531 characters. If ClassicNote stores notes in unicode, that would be over 90,000 bytes. You may be able to recreate the problem using a note of this size. I didn't know how big it was (I just knew it took forever to scroll through it on the Pre) until I copied it and pasted into an app that would tell me how many characters there were.

I repeated the crash again today. I had music playing in the background, and it continued until the current track finished, but the next track did not start. It appears this is causing a hang within the system APIs, as it effects other apps when they try to invoke APIs.

I think you are right about it crashing when trying to save the note. One thing to note is that on the previous crashes when changing the category, it *did* save the change to the category. Based on that information I tried another test. After locking it up twice today by changing the category of two different large notes (two different keyring backups), I tried to copy the text of one of them and save it in a new note, and it did the same thing when I tried to save the note. After rebooting, the new note was there with the right category, but it had no content.

I realize that ClassicNote is not the best place to try to back up my keyring database, given that it does not currently sync with anything. I was just doing it as a quick backup whenever I upgraded keyring or imported test files from the converters I have written.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/22/2010 at 11:01 AM.
  19.    #159  
    Version 0.1.14 is online.
    Please check the changelog...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Version 0.1.14 is online.
    Please check the changelog...
    Emailing the entire memo with formatting works great. Thanks so much for implementing that!
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast