Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 520
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #121  
    Hello,

    Great job on the app!

    I have one problem. I was able to import from Palm Desktop successfully one time. However, the memos did not show up in ClassicNote. Since then, I have repeated tried the import process again but now I get an error saying that the database cannot be found. I have even tried deleting the files in .app-storage with no luck.

    Any ideas?

    thesnowdog
  2.    #122  
    I have one problem. I was able to import from Palm Desktop successfully one time. However, the memos did not show up in ClassicNote. Since then, I have repeated tried the import process again but now I get an error saying that the database cannot be found. I have even tried deleting the files in .app-storage with no luck.
    1. start the app on the Pre and quit it (to create the database)
    2. follow the PDtoCN instructions
    3. if there are no memos after the import - try to reset the Pre

    Cheers,
    Seppel
  3. mistama's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #123  
    I checked the path that PDtoCN has in the "PalmOS User" field, and that folder has a memopad.dat and a memopad.bak but no memopad.mdb

    The memos work fine in my PD 6.2.2 and I can see them with no problem. PDtoCN won't let me type in any new path so I can't change the path to access the memopad.dat that I see in the Palm Memopad foler. I'm confused on how to sync since I don't seem have a memopad.mdb file. Please help!
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistama View Post
    I checked the path that PDtoCN has in the "PalmOS User" field, and that folder has a memopad.dat and a memopad.bak but no memopad.mdb

    The memos work fine in my PD 6.2.2 and I can see them with no problem. PDtoCN won't let me type in any new path so I can't change the path to access the memopad.dat that I see in the Palm Memopad foler. I'm confused on how to sync since I don't seem have a memopad.mdb file. Please help!
    hmm - the .dat file is not a .mdb-file. I got those (besides the .mdb) as well. It looks like PD converts the old database files to the new database structure (=mdb) when hotsyncing the first time.
    I got a few HotSync-Users missing the mdb - and only those I hotsynced with PD 6.x got the mdb-files...
    So hotsyncing should help
  5. mistama's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #125  
    Ok so I Hotsynced again and now I see the mdb file the correct # of memos listed when I run PDtoCN =)

    The problem I'm having now is that when my Pre is connected in USB mode and I select the corresponding drive letter when running PDtoCN (I made sure to run ClassicNote on my Pre and that it was closed when I connected my Pre to my laptop), I get an error message saying: "Could not find the database. Either choose another drive or select the database drive by yourself"

    It seems like this final step is all I'm missing to be able to get all my memos onto my Pre. Thanks for all your help!
  6. bbkat's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistama View Post
    Ok so I Hotsynced again and now I see the mdb file the correct # of memos listed when I run PDtoCN =)

    The problem I'm having now is that when my Pre is connected in USB mode and I select the corresponding drive letter when running PDtoCN (I made sure to run ClassicNote on my Pre and that it was closed when I connected my Pre to my laptop), I get an error message saying: "Could not find the database. Either choose another drive or select the database drive by yourself"

    It seems like this final step is all I'm missing to be able to get all my memos onto my Pre. Thanks for all your help!
    I had the same problem. It's a 1.3.5 issue. Post #119 solved it for me:

    Quote Originally Posted by mathguru View Post
    I did a bit more investigating on this.

    Before 1.3.5, the data for ClassicNote was stored in
    \.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\

    After 1.3.5, that folder is empty.

    After 1.3.5, the data for ClassicNote appears to be stored in
    \.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0
    So if you're running 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1 (me), you have to manually point to the CN database location using the "..." button to the right of the path box. Select the drive letter for your Pre, then the folder: \.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0, then the database file. The importer should then prompt you through your choices. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by bbkat; 01/05/2010 at 09:17 PM.
  7. rjtaylor's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #127  
    Awesome app thanks thanks thanks
  8. bbkat's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtaylor View Post
    Awesome app thanks thanks thanks
    +1
  9. #129  
    WONDERFUL app!!

    I want to send you money. How can I do that?
    ;-)

    Thank you!!
  10. Slosh01's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    I had the same problem. It's a 1.3.5 issue. Post #119 solved it for me:



    So if you're running 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1 (me), you have to manually point to the CN database location using the "..." button to the right of the path box. Select the drive letter for your Pre, then the folder: \.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0, then the database file. The importer should then prompt you through your choices. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.... this is the only way to get the .mdb to transfer to the Pre after installing the 1.3.5 update. Transferring the sql.dlls to the Sys32 directory & running the PDtoCN.exe file as Administrator cured all.

    Mucho Appreciado to all posters on this thread!
  11. #131  
    Looks like an awesome app! Any chance we'll see it in the 'official' app store soon? I haven't homebrewed by phone yet - but I might do it just for this app alone. Thanks!
  12. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsteckel View Post
    Looks like an awesome app! Any chance we'll see it in the 'official' app store soon? I haven't homebrewed by phone yet - but I might do it just for this app alone. Thanks!
    This app is amazing AND you definitely need to start homebrewing. You are missing out on a ton of great apps. I don't know what I would have done without my homebrew apps. Once you start downloading homebrew, you will never look back and you will always wonder why it took you so long to get started.
  13. #133  
    Is there anyway someone can load the importer files onto this website or PM them to me? My work website is blocking the littlestick website.
    thanks
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    This app is amazing AND you definitely need to start homebrewing. You are missing out on a ton of great apps.
    +1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Once you start downloading homebrew, you will never look back and you will always wonder why it took you so long to get started.
    Another +1!
  15.    #135  
    hmm - somehow the answer I wrote yesterday vanished? so here again:
    Quote Originally Posted by bsteckel View Post
    Looks like an awesome app! Any chance we'll see it in the 'official' app store soon? I haven't homebrewed by phone yet - but I might do it just for this app alone. Thanks!
    yes - I will submit the app to the official catalog. As soon as the beta test of the current version is successfully finished... Which should be within the next few days.

    Cheers,
    Seppel
  16.    #136  
    I just released 0.1.10. Check the Changelog for new features...
    The webOS 1.3.5.x ready PDtoCN Importer is online on my homepage as well...

    Cheers,
    Seppel
    Last edited by Seppel; 01/14/2010 at 01:51 PM.
  17. #137  
    I will try to recreate, but I tried to change the category on an existing note after updating today, and the app locked up big time, and the launcher hung too. I had to orange+sym+R reboot it.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I will try to recreate, but I tried to change the category on an existing note after updating today, and the app locked up big time, and the launcher hung too. I had to orange+sym+R reboot it.
    What do you mean by "after updating today"? Do you mean updating ClassicNote or updating webOS?
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    What do you mean by "after updating today"? Do you mean updating ClassicNote or updating webOS?
    After updating ClassicNote. I just did it again, and noticed something interesting. I updated one note, and it had no problems. Then I tried to update the same on that locked it up earlier, and it locked up again. That note is an export of my keyring db which is fairly big. This particular note I apparently had not assigned a category previously, though similar notes I had assigned a category.

    When it locks up, I am able to switch it to card display, but when I throw the card away, the corner menu that says ClassicNote doesn't go away. I can bring up the launcher, but I can't interact with it.

    Will continue investigating..
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/14/2010 at 05:09 PM.
  20. #140  
    I noticed that you added the ability to email a note. This is great, except it requires that you highlight all of the text and then choose the email option. Also, it does not retain the line breaks so in the email, it's just a long paragraph and doesn't look right. Is there a way you can make the email function work like it does in textPress! (paid app).
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions