Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by sail4sea View Post
    I have one idea: Can we sort by categories and have "palm-divider labeled" between the categories on the list scene? That would be most appreciated.
    please have a look at my todo-list

I'll add a Donate button as soon as I release the next version...
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I confess to being extremely lazy. Would it be too difficult to include the ability to create automatic hyperlinks?
    what do you mean by automatic hyperlinks?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbugnet View Post
    NEVERMIND! I just tried running PDtoCN as admin and it works!
    Hey fine You've been the last with import problems (I think). I really have to admit, that I dont understand the user managment under Windows
    The easiest way seems to be: Run everything as admin

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    what do you mean by automatic hyperlinks?
    I don't know the exact description, but it's a web address or phone number that, when clicked/pressed, automatically opens a new Web card or dials the number, with only 1 click not 2.

(Like I said, I'm lazy.)
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I don't know the exact description, but it's a web address or phone number that, when clicked/pressed, automatically opens a new Web card or dials the number, with only 1 click not 2.
    using the current sdk I cant read the text where you click (or at least it would be waaay to complicated!)...
    I'm sorry, but its not possible. I'll check again when a new SDK got published.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    using the current sdk I cant read the text where you click (or at least it would be waaay to complicated!)...
    I'm sorry, but its not possible. I'll check again when a new SDK got published.
    Just do it on-save. You can parse the entered string for occurences of webaddresses via RegExp and wrap an anchor tag arround it.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by holger.nestmann View Post
    Just do it on-save. You can parse the entered string for occurences of webaddresses via RegExp and wrap an anchor tag arround it.
    good idea! I'll add it til the next release.The only thing I'm not sure of: how to make them removable for the user...
    hmm maybe as a preference, just an idea - I don't know anything about you architecture and if this can be implemented easily.

Build an onclick handler for this anchor, if preference is set to "open with browser" you return true, otherwise false.
    Also if this preference is set to "don not open in browser", you can add a css class to the anchor, that will display those links as normal text.

So you'll save the link information in every case and preference controls whether to do something with this link or not.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by holger.nestmann View Post
    Build an onclick handler for this anchor, if preference is set to "open with browser" you return true, otherwise false.
    Also if this preference is set to "don not open in browser", you can add a css class to the anchor, that will display those links as normal text.
    but thats only an option to show or hide the links (as links). Sooner or later users want to edit whats a link or correct an automagically generated link...
    That would be possible using an extra scene with the plain text - but thats too much effort atm. Other things have a higher priority.
  10.    #110  
    soo - after some fighting with regex's and some problems when partial deleting the link-text within the memo: the automagically links work. No editing or show/hide till now, but I think (& hope) thats secondary
    Next version will get released within the next few days...
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Just a short note to say thanks for a GREAT APP! My memos are back!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I followed all the instructions on your homepage but after downloading the importer and running the "PDtoCN.exe" application, I got an pop-up box with an error message stating: "Couldn't load the MemoPad.mdb of Palm-User 'my name'! The data for this user eventually didn't get transformed into the Palm desktop v6 dataformat!"

Then after clicking "Ok" on that box, the importer ran and showed that my # of memos was 0.

My Palm Desktop version is 6.2.2 and I'm using Windows XP so I don't understand why this is happening. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've been using ClassicNote for a bit, great app!

Prior to 1.3.5, I backed up the notes database periodically to my computer. Now that 1.3.5 encrypts the local file system, I cannot read the database.

I understand that if something happens to my phone (it gets bricked, lost or stolen, dropped, etc.), the database is local and is lost forever. In other words, the Pre backup utility doesn't back up databases for locally installed apps.

Is this correct? If so, how to backup with 1.3.5?
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistama View Post
    "Couldn't load the MemoPad.mdb of Palm-User 'my name'! The data for this user eventually didn't get transformed into the Palm desktop v6 dataformat!"
    open PdtoCN and check the path the app writes into the field below the HotSync-User. Open an explorer and check if there's a memopad.mdb at that location.
    You have to have PD 6.x installed and used it with the memos of the user you want to import. Maybe you should try installing PD 6.4 which is still available on the net.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathguru View Post
    Prior to 1.3.5, I backed up the notes database periodically to my computer. Now that 1.3.5 encrypts the local file system, I cannot read the database.

I understand that if something happens to my phone (it gets bricked, lost or stolen, dropped, etc.), the database is local and is lost forever. In other words, the Pre backup utility doesn't back up databases for locally installed apps.

Is this correct? If so, how to backup with 1.3.5?
    as a european Pre user I'm still on 1.3.1. And I haven't found a note about encryption of the local file system in the 1.3.5 changelog. Does the local file system really get encrypted?
    If that's true, you'll have 2 problems: no manual backup anymore, no PD-memos import.
    I'm planing a OTA sync anyway - but its not finish yet.

Are there more users who can confirm the encryption?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm not sure how technically accurate this is (it was posted before the 1.3.5 release), but an article about the encryption, as part of the fix for the app space limit problem, is here:

http://www.precentral.net/webos-135-...pp-space-limit
  17.    #117  
    In order to prevent users from just copying apps out of the folder when in USB drive mode, Palm has set the folder to be encrypted when the phone is hooked up to a computer and put into USB drive mode.
    hmm - its not totally clear if only the app folder gets encrypted or the whole media folder.
    Could someone (who has 1.3.5 installed) check if the .app-storage folder is encrypted as well?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I did a bit more investigating on this.

Before 1.3.5, the data for ClassicNote was stored in
    \.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\

After 1.3.5, that folder is empty.

After 1.3.5, the data for ClassicNote appears to be stored in
    \.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0

I was worried that the data itself was encrypted, but I tried restoring a backup from pre-1.3.5 and was able to read it fine on my 1.3.5 Pre.

I'm guessing that this means that backing up the database by simply copying the file still works, even with CryptoFS?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
    I am thrilled with the concept of this app and would gladly pay for this capability — especially if it allows 2-way manual sync with Palm Desktop…

However, I have Palm Desktop 4.1.4 with my Palm Tungsten T5, and Palm doesn't offer me a choice to upgrade to Palm Desktop 6.? so does that mean I am out of luck for importing?
    I, too, would pay for an app that imports my notes from PD 4.x, since I've been using PD w/ my Macintosh & Centro and don't have the option of upgrading to PD 6.x. I prefer your ClassicNotes to the new Memos app of the WebOS.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Palm Desktop 6.x is a free download on the Palm website. You can upgrade to 6.x for purposes of getting your notes converted but you'd better keep a back-up of your data so that you can revert back to 4.x because 6.x is real garbage...IMHO.