Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I wouldn't mind seeing an option to email,sms, or even web post it...also would like to see an option to change background and text color...
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an option to email,sms, or even web post it...also would like to see an option to change background and text color...
    If you're updated to 0.1.6, you should have some the options when in edit mode, as seen in the attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 12/18/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for this app! The default webos one suuuuucks. I'm an old-school palm user and this really made my day! Also great to see that the license is free forever Excellent work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    ok - now I understand would you meant. Are you sure you need to see the dates all the time?
    I thought of packing all the information&properties about the current memo into an extra screen/dialog. There you'll have:
    - creation date
    - editing date
    - keyword list
    - size
    - category
    - privat flag
    You're definitely on to something...

The reason I was thinking of having the dates was to use the available space at the right of the category button to display some useful info, as it wasn't being utilized.

Since my idea could get too "busy", your idea would be better, and it could be a simple "i" button in the upper right hand corner...With this, it would be nice if the buttons were about half the height of the current category button.

Thanks for your efforts...You need a donate button!
    I'm so very happy with this. I have about 450 memos that I've accumulated over several years of PalmOS devices that I felt were worth keeping. Managing them in the WebOS notes app required some text-** magic where I prepended the category to each note. It worked but was cludgy.

I had some odd lag at first with ClassicNote but it appears to have resolved itself after opening and closing it. I'm now tickled pink.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Seppel,

Love what you've done so far. I especially like the smaller characters (like the old Palm memos) where I can actually get more info in on the same line, and also love the formatting. Please don't change these (not that you would). I've stopped using my other note programs completely.

Requests:
    - Color coding: I think you've addressed this. Organize with a glance.
    - Sorting by Category: The primary way I sort.
    - Collapsable Categories: Each Catagory exapnd or collapse for space.

I think you may have addressed everyone of these requests.

Thanks again!!!

- Mark J.
    This is a great app. I sure would like to be able to hide memos or categories right now. Several of my OS 5 memos have sensitive information, and I hate to delete them.

Why is it that Palm coudn't have come up with this?

Many thanks

Bob
    Last edited by charlibob; 12/19/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Great App.
    Is it possible to set security on a note?
  9.    #89  
    Several of my OS 5 memos have sensitive information, and I hate to delete them.
    Is it possible to set security on a note?
    I'll implement the privat flag soon. Like in the PalmOS5 Memos app: hide the privat memos until you enter a password. No encryption, password will get saved unsecured in a cookie.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    For any of you still having trouble getting this to work:
    1. Copy sqlite3.dll to c:\windows\system32\
    2. Open Start menu - type cmd & hit enter - close the Command prompt window opened
    3. Open Start menu - right click on Command Prompt menu item and choose Run as administrator
    4. Type regsvr32 sqlite3.dll & hit enter - you should get a successful registration
    5. plug in you Pre - choose USB
    6. Double click on PDtoCN_*.exe version you have
    7. Choose your user name on the left side & correct drive letter on the right side
    8. Click on Import button
    9. Click to import each of your categories from your Palm memos

I made assumption - you have Palm 6.? installed, Vista32, have Memos, zip file unzipped and open in explorer window. I had Palm Desktop open during the sync - don't know if that is needed.
  11.    #91  
    Hey rogerlsturgiss,

thanks for your install list

I made assumption - you have Palm 6.? installed, Vista32, have Memos, zip file unzipped and open in explorer window. I had Palm Desktop open during the sync - don't know if that is needed.
    Which MS Office have you installed or had installed earlier? Do you had PD4.x installed before upgrading to PD6.x?

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I don't have MS Office installed but I do have Outlook 2007. I installed Palm Desktop 6.2 from the web download and never installed PD4.
  13.    #93  
    Hey Grabber5.0,
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I downloaded the source for your palmdb converter and added a class to convert a csv formatted input file. I still have a little work to do on it, and I have to reformat my data before I can test it, but it should be finished pretty soon. I am also going to write another class to read in the file I exported from CodeWallet for WinMO. You'd think I would have written that one first, since that's where my passwords are currently. When I am done I will send you the source code to laugh at, pick apart, and maybe add to your import utility jar file so others can use it.
    are you sure you're n the right thread? There is no source for the importer on the net - and its not a java but a vbvbvb $program$...
    I certainly would appreciate some more import formats - so maybe you can send me your code anyway i
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Hey Grabber5.0,
    are you sure you're n the right thread? There is no source for the importer on the net - and its not a java but a vbvbvb $program$...
    I certainly would appreciate some more import formats - so maybe you can send me your code anyway i
    Wow, I sure am in the wrong thread! When I wake up I will find the thread that post belongs in and delete my post in here so it doesn't confuse people. Sorry about that!

Edit: Gone.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/22/2009 at 09:18 AM.
    Looks like a nice application. Might I suggest looking into setting if it is possible to sync with TomBoy on Ubuntu through Ubuntu One? Ubuntu One is a great syncing service that recently added support for Tomboy notes, but the API for syncing is, as I understand it, completely open and uses http for 100% of it, so WebOS should be able to communicate quite nicely with it. I don't actually use Tomboy, and haven't given much effort to Ubuntu One yet, but they look like great and easy syncing solutions, at least for those of us who use Linux.
    This should be a paid app. I would pay for it. I managed to get all my Palm OS memos converted.

I have one idea: Can we sort by categories and have "palm-divider labeled" between the categories on the list scene? That would be most appreciated.

Also can you put up a paypal link somewhere?
    All these upcoming features - will make this already great app perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing an option to ... web post it.
    I confess to being extremely lazy. Would it be too difficult to include the ability to create automatic hyperlinks?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    Looks like a nice application. Might I suggest looking into setting if it is possible to sync with TomBoy on Ubuntu through Ubuntu One? Ubuntu One is a great syncing service that recently added support for Tomboy notes, but the API for syncing is, as I understand it, completely open and uses http for 100% of it, so WebOS should be able to communicate quite nicely with it. I don't actually use Tomboy, and haven't given much effort to Ubuntu One yet, but they look like great and easy syncing solutions, at least for those of us who use Linux.
    +1

uh, what the heck - +100

GMTA!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Has anyone running Vista 64-bit had success? I can get the dll to register by placing a copy in SysWOW64 folder in windows and doing Run as Administrator, but then:

Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)':
    Automation error
    The specified module could not be found.

Quite perplexing!

NEVERMIND! I just tried running PDtoCN as admin and it works!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlsturgiss View Post
    For any of you still having trouble getting this to work:
    1. Copy sqlite3.dll to c:\windows\system32\
    2. Open Start menu - type cmd & hit enter - close the Command prompt window opened
    3. Open Start menu - right click on Command Prompt menu item and choose Run as administrator
    4. Type regsvr32 sqlite3.dll & hit enter - you should get a successful registration
    5. plug in you Pre - choose USB
    6. Double click on PDtoCN_*.exe version you have
    7. Choose your user name on the left side & correct drive letter on the right side
    8. Click on Import button
    9. Click to import each of your categories from your Palm memos

20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeta View Post
    I had a look on Ubuntu One. Two things I dont like about it:
    1) I dont see an easy way to define my own datamodel to sync. When I'll have to use Tomboy sync I have to use their db-structure and can't apply my wishes and changes anymore...
    2) The time I spend for implementing the interface to Ubunuto One is wasted time once the service stops...

ATM I'm planing a simple php-script and a sqlite-db as personal cloud in the net. Easy to install and easy to maintain...

Cheers,
    Seppel
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast