Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The new Append menu in 0.1.6 rocks! Time, date, and GPS coordinates!

Where's the DONATE button?

Took a couple of days, but Fliq Notes is now off my device, and ClassicNote is on my QuickLaunch bar.

Thanks yet again,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce99 View Post
    Seppel...I just tried the copy/paste function you mentioned above (never tried it before). It's a little awkward on the Pre, but PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    Copy/paste? No need. Just highlight the text (URL, phone #, etc), then call up the app menu and select from the "Send To..." menu option...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  3.    #63  
    Copy/paste? No need. Just highlight the text (URL, phone #, etc), then call up the app menu and select from the "Send To..." menu option...
    or even faster - type the shortcut...
    m=Maps, p=Phone, w=Web, e=will be eMail (@ doesnt seem to work as shortcut)...

The new Append menu in 0.1.6 rocks! Time, date, and GPS coordinates!
    Im glad you guys like it - but that was in 0.1.5 already
    The GPS coordinates can be really helpful when doing some geocaching...

As soon as palm repairs the SDK for the RichTextEdit-Field (thats the type of the edit field for memos) I'll implement true "Insert" (not only "Append") and setting the cursor behind the new insertion...
    How do I delete a note or category. I am running version 0.1.5. Is that feature implemented? Also the program allowed the creation of blank or duplicate categories and that shouldn't be allowed. I could not find a delete menu item on the menu. The built-in app had a way to delete a individual menu.

I like the program so far though.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by sail4sea View Post
    How do I delete a note or category. I am running version 0.1.5. Is that feature implemented? Also the program allowed the creation of blank or duplicate categories and that shouldn't be allowed. I could not find a delete menu item on the menu. The built-in app had a way to delete a individual menu.
    like you always delete on webOS - just swipe away...

If you like to create duplicate or empty categories - it's your choice. In the database every category has its own unique id. So technically it doesn't matter how you name it...
    Should I deny the creation of two identical memos as well?
    Is it possible to make it write to database when you close the app with an open memo? It seems it only saves when back-swiping to the memo list.

It's easy to lose data with a misplaced thumb-flick this way.

This is a great memo app. Been looking for something like this for winmo for years. (went from palmos to winmo treos)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Is it possible to make it write to database when you close the app with an open memo? It seems it only saves when back-swiping to the memo list.

It's easy to lose data with a misplaced thumb-flick this way.

This is a great memo app. Been looking for something like this for winmo for years. (went from palmos to winmo treos)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Changelog:

18.12.2009 0.1.6:
    • fix: notes get saved if you minimize the note-edit screen or close the app while this screen is open...
    • new: open selected text as eMail, phone-no. or web-address
    Seppel took care of this in the 0.1.6 update.
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 12/18/2009 at 10:01 AM.
    like you always delete on webOS - just swipe away...

If you like to create duplicate or empty categories - it's your choice. In the database every category has its own unique id. So technically it doesn't matter how you name it...
    Should I deny the creation of two identical memos as well?
    I am new to web os. Which swiping motion deletes? I don't have a prblem with blank or duplicate categories. I just can't seem to remove them. Do I swipe them off the screen?
    I am new to web os. Which swiping motion deletes? I don't have a prblem with blank or duplicate categories. I just can't seem to remove them. Do I swipe them off the screen?
    Cool. I just swiped it off the screen and it asked if I wanted to delete. That works great.
  10.    #70  
    just open the category list (where you add and edit them) and swipe one row to the right...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    or even faster - type the shortcut...
    m=Maps, p=Phone, w=Web, e=will be eMail (@ doesnt seem to work as shortcut)...

Im glad you guys like it - but that was in 0.1.5 already
    The GPS coordinates can be really helpful when doing some geocaching...

As soon as palm repairs the SDK for the RichTextEdit-Field (thats the type of the edit field for memos) I'll implement true "Insert" (not only "Append") and setting the cursor behind the new insertion...
    Well, as I've said in a few recent posts, elsewher - "Send caffeine!"

Maybe I can catch up on my sleep after the holidays...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Seppel took care of this in the 0.1.6 update.
    Yeah, I saw that now. But preware seems to have updated to 0.1.5 even though it says 0.1.6. (ClassicNote says 0.1.5.) Not sure what happened.

EDIT: What happened was I had two versions installed in different locations. Works great now!
    Last edited by frause; 12/18/2009 at 11:04 AM.
    2. It would allow more screen space within a note to make the categories button into more of a heading at the top.
    3. include the date at the top right within the note (include with #2? above)
    ad 2) sry - dont understand. Do you mean in the list or the edit mode?
    ad 3) hmm - most probably you mean the edit mode?!
    ad 2+3) I have to reorder the edit mode anyway as soon as I show all the planned formatting buttons (font size, list, justification,...)
    Just to clarify 2 & 3...

I was meaning a more compact "header block" that would include the button for changing categories and possibly the created and/or last modified dates for reference.

This would be displayed at the top of a note in the edit mode...I hope that makes sense.

Anyhow, thanks for the update!!!
  14.    #74  
    Just to clarify 2 & 3...

I was meaning a more compact "header block" that would include the button for changing categories and possibly the created and/or last modified dates for reference.

This would be displayed at the top of a note in the edit mode...I hope that makes sense.

Anyhow, thanks for the update!!!
    ok - now I understand would you meant. Are you sure you need to see the dates all the time?
    I thought of packing all the information&properties about the current memo into an extra screen/dialog. There you'll have:
    - creation date
    - editing date
    - keyword list
    - size
    - category
    - privat flag
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    I had a similar issue.
    - PD 6.22 (by access) is installed.
    - yes, I have M$ Office 2007 installed, is that a problem?
    - installtion of sqlite.dll was successful

after that, running the exe resulted in:
    Run-time error '-2417024770 (8007007e)
    Automation error
    The specified module could not be found.

Thanks for making a great app!! I greatly look forward to its development, particularly sync to office. The interface and layout are "just right".
    Did this get resolved? i am getting the same error, but also can't get the dll to load. i copied both sqlite3 AND sqlite3u to system32 folder, and tried running bat as administrator. I'm running 64-bit vista, so maybe there is another issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbugnet View Post
    Did this get resolved? i am getting the same error, but also can't get the dll to load. i copied both sqlite3 AND sqlite3u to system32 folder, and tried running bat as administrator. I'm running 64-bit vista, so maybe there is another issue?
    i found that putting the dll's in SysWOW64 folder in windows allowed regsvr32 to correctly load the dll. still getting the run-time error when trying the PDtoCN, but I haven't plugged my Pre into the USB yet, so will try that next.
  17.    #77  
    hmm - there still seems to be a problem regarding the dll's. For registering the sqlite.dll use the option "Run as Administrator"-option in the context menu of start_me_once.bat! Its different than using a user with adminsitrator rights.

Could everybody who's getting error messages at the startup of PDtoCN.exe write a short PM to me?
    Including those informations:
    - exact error message?
    - sqlite.dll registration was successful?
    - OS Version (XP/Vista/Win7) 32bit/64bit?
    - PD4.x was installed on that PC?
    - PD6.x is installed on that PC?
    - what versions of MS Office is/has been installed?

The next two days I won't be online - but I'll try to figure out what the problem is on monday...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've looked but can't find any availability to import on Mac/Linux/other. Will you be adding support for this or making the code for the importer available so it can be ported to other platforms?
    any way to pull in the stuff from the webOS note application?

the ability to work with the command line patch would be slick too.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    I've looked but can't find any availability to import on Mac/Linux/other. Will you be adding support for this or making the code for the importer available so it can be ported to other platforms?
    No - not at the moment. To write an importer by your own shouldn't be that hard:
    - since PD6.x the memos are saved in a Access 2k3 database.
    - ClassicNote saves the data in a SQlite database.

Just create the categories in the SQlite database and give a unique cat_id for every category.
    Copy the memos from one database to the other and set the cat_id accordingly...

any way to pull in the stuff from the webOS note application?
    the ability to work with the command line patch would be slick too.
    atm there's no official way to access the note-database. I entered an API request at the Dev forum though...
    What do I have to do for the Command Line Patch support?
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast