webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > ClassicNote
ClassicNote
Like Tree2Likes

Old 12/17/2009, 01:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
1. I would really like to be able to change the date format.
2. It would allow more screen space within a note to make the categories button into more of a heading at the top.
3. include the date at the top right within the note (include with #2? above)
4. sorting or grouping by category within the entire list of notes
5. set priority…perhaps even color code the titles (either for the categories or priority)
6. +1 for emailing notes…although I could live with using copy & paste
7. control the text size…not a biggie either
8. landscape viewing
ad 1) ok - good request. I'll put it on my Todo
ad 2) sry - dont understand. Do you mean in the list or the edit mode?
ad 3) hmm - most probably you mean the edit mode?!
ad 2+3) I have to reorder the edit mode anyway as soon as I show all the planned formatting buttons (font size, list, justification,...)
ad 4) is planned - incl. the category as divider label.
ad 5) see my Todo list in post #25
ad 8) good point - although I'm not really sure if its of much use. The available space remains the same and you cant use the keyboard...

I know its a lot more todo...

Cheers,
Seppel
Seppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 02:15 PM   #42 (permalink)

If it can be made to transfer new notes from the desktop, THIS NEEDS TO BE A PAID APP!!! Actually, MANY would gladly pay for this app!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Chopperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 02:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

When I clicked on "Start_me_once" I got this error:
"The module "sqlite3.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"
davara6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 03:10 PM   #44 (permalink)

I've got every note app available for the Pre and so far none have been able to do what yours does. Namely, formatting the text and importing older notes from Palm desktop. These features alone make it a fantastic addition to my Pre.

The only things I'd like to see are the following:
1. The ability to collapse categories (similar to FliqNotes). Only because once you've got hundreds of notes in a number of categories it starts to take up a fair amount of screen space. (This is about the only thing I like about FliqNotes by the way.)
2. Some kind of color coding for categories. Either in the note itself or a circular color icon or something. (Again from FliqNotes and Palm. Each do it differently. Palm with the color of the note paper and FliqNotes by a small colored circular icon at the top left of each note and catagory.) It's very simple but its just a basic visual that quickly cues your brain as to catagory.

I'd also like the email button, which someone else mentioned, but the other two are more important to me.

Thanks again. Do you have plans to hit the app catolog. I've purchased every homebrew app that's moved to the app store as a way to support the program, the developers and Palm. Your app would be a hit and I'd love to see its continued development.

Thanks again! - Mark J.
mjrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 03:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Oh yeah, one more request is this:
1. Palm Pre's built-in notepad in the latest update recognizes phone numbers, emails, web addresses and so on. Similar to when you add an email or web address in an email, it turns the text a color, letting you know you can link to it right from the email, the Pre's notepad now does this as well.

Can you program your notes to do the same? Especially with phone numbers? It makes calling right from the note seriously convenient. The only drawback I see is that the Pre's notepad seems to be slower since adding this feature. That may just be a coincidence but I've been using FliqNotes for text and Pre notepad for a phone log. It'd be great just to use yours (which I'm doing already anyway).

I notice you've had lots of requests. Apparently I'm not the only fan of what you've done so far.

Thanks, Mark J.
mjrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 05:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
hmm - a needed dll is missing on your system. Could you check:
- is PD 6.x installed?
- is any version of M$ Office installed?
- the installation of the sqlite.dll was successful?

I check tomorrow which dlls exactly are needed. Maybe I can send them to you.

Cheers,
Seppel
I had a similar issue.
- PD 6.22 (by access) is installed.
- yes, I have M$ Office 2007 installed, is that a problem?
- installtion of sqlite.dll was successful

after that, running the exe resulted in:
Run-time error '-2417024770 (8007007e)
Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

Thanks for making a great app!! I greatly look forward to its development, particularly sync to office. The interface and layout are "just right".
neve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 05:53 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davara6 View Post
- extract all into one folder
- execute Start_Me_Once.bat for registering the sqlite3.dll
- you have to use PalmDesktop 6.? on that PC
- make sure you have started ClassicNote on the Pre before and it is closed now
- connect your Pre in USB-drive mode
- after that start PDtoCN.exe
- you should see the HotSync-user list on the left side - select one

I'm stuck on the 2nd to the last one above. I only get a error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object"

Help?
I also amgetting this error but also get an error at the Start_me_once.bat step. That error is: The module "sqlite3.dll" failed to load.

Yes! Help?
jstutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 06:09 PM   #48 (permalink)

Bravo, Seppel.
alobaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2009, 08:50 PM   #49 (permalink)

Thanks for building a great app. Worked exactly as advertised. The only suggestion I have is you might mention the different handling for registering the DLL in Vista. I believe the .bat file will still work as long as the "Run as Administrator" option is used.

Again, congratulations on a job well done!

-- "The Far Side", by Gary Larsen
ckcjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Seppel
Old 12/17/2009, 09:39 PM   #50 (permalink)

@Seppel -

Great app, and looks like it will be getting greater! Thank you very much!

Regards,
-JerryG
Old 12/17/2009, 09:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

I am thrilled with the concept of this app and would gladly pay for this capability — especially if it allows 2-way manual sync with Palm Desktop…

However, I have Palm Desktop 4.1.4 with my Palm Tungsten T5, and Palm doesn't offer me a choice to upgrade to Palm Desktop 6.? so does that mean I am out of luck for importing?
Old 12/17/2009, 11:49 PM   #52 (permalink)

Excellent, I just found this and it made my day. Worked like a charm.
Thanks very much for sharing your work, Seppel!
Carl0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009, 02:23 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
The only suggestion I have is you might mention the different handling for registering the DLL in Vista. I believe the .bat file will still work as long as the "Run as Administrator" option is used.
hey thanks for that!!! Didn't know there's a difference between a user with admin rights an the "run as administrator" option!
I'll edit the instruction immediately

BTW: If you get an error by one of the installation steps all later errors are most probably caused by the first one.

Last edited by Seppel; 12/18/2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12/18/2009, 02:26 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcIIIxe View Post
However, I have Palm Desktop 4.1.4 with my Palm Tungsten T5, and Palm doesn't offer me a choice to upgrade to Palm Desktop 6.? so does that mean I am out of luck for importing?
??? why do you think Palm does not offer PD6.x for you? AFAIK you can get the package for free (just google for "Palm Desktop 6") and all older devices are still supported!? Am I wrong in this?
Old 12/18/2009, 04:30 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
I also amgetting this error but also get an error at the Start_me_once.bat step. That error is: The module "sqlite3.dll" failed to load.

Yes! Help?
Here is the solution:

Copy file "sqlite3.dll" from ClassicNote_import_0.1.6 compres folder to c:\windows\System32

done....

this solution found by Henry....
Henrytreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009, 04:53 AM   #56 (permalink)

Hy, I only get the "about..." line in the menu, nothing else.
I loaded through preware.
What should I change?
Claus
claus.uetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009, 06:24 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claus.uetersen View Post
Hy, I only get the "about..." line in the menu, nothing else.
I loaded through preware.
What should I change?
Claus
??? create a note using the "+"-button and use the menu in the edit mode?
In list mode there's only the "About..." - thats right
Old 12/18/2009, 08:07 AM   #58 (permalink)

Wow, what a GREAT app!!!!!
Really easy to import all existing memos from Palm Desktop to my Pre.

Only two things would make it better.
  1. True 2-way sync with Palm Desktop or some other PC based app
  2. Linking telephone numbers, email addresses and web addresses from within the text of the memo.

This app solves a HUGE problem for those of us who migrated to the Pre from a Treo.

Thank you.
bruce99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2009, 08:31 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce99 View Post
  1. True 2-way sync with Palm Desktop or some other PC based app
  2. Linking telephone numbers, email addresses and web addresses from within the text of the memo.
two way sync with PD is not planned. I'll develop a little PC app for editing and entering the notes. Two facts brought me to this decision:
1) I dont want to use the usb sync all the time. I want OTA sync!
2) my data model has more features (colors, keywords, ordering, etc.) which wouldn't be supported by PD.

True "Linking" is not possible (I think) - but we the current version 0.1.6 you can select text and call it as Phone-no., eMail, web-url and map location...
Old 12/18/2009, 09:00 AM   #60 (permalink)

Seppel...I just tried the copy/paste function you mentioned above (never tried it before). It's a little awkward on the Pre, but PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Also, your OTA syncing solution is a much better idea than using the Palm Desktop program. I eagerly anticipate your desktop app with the OTA Sync component

Great work.
bruce99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0