Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I am willing to Donate to get a Touchpad version for this app.. Name your (reasonable) price

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I put together a method to run the aspell spellchecker on ClassicNote memos. See here.
    the csv importer on the developer site is broken. Could someone upload please? :-)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    when I updated to 2.1 I had to reinstall classicnote and can't find notes they are on my hard drive but classic note can't find them. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I am willing to Donate to get a Touchpad version for this app.. Name your (reasonable) price

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes love the app. Some syncing with touchpad and pre 2 would be great
    I've been using ClassicNote for a couple of months now, and it's been wonderful. The other day, my battery ran out, so I removed it and put in a fresh one. However, when I tried accessing my notes, none of them show up. When I open the app, it goes to a blank "Categories" page with one blank note. When I select that, it lets me enter text and select a category to file the note under (ALL of my previous categories are there, but the notes don't seem to be). When I return to the previous screen, the text I entered doesn't show up. Also, the little note-adding plus sign in the bottom corner highlights when I touch it, but it doesn't bring up a new note. Is there any way that I can recover all of those missing notes? Any ideas on how I can get it working again? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drj000 View Post
    I've been using ClassicNote for a couple of months now, and it's been wonderful. The other day, my battery ran out, so I removed it and put in a fresh one. However, when I tried accessing my notes, none of them show up. When I open the app, it goes to a blank "Categories" page with one blank note. When I select that, it lets me enter text and select a category to file the note under (ALL of my previous categories are there, but the notes don't seem to be). When I return to the previous screen, the text I entered doesn't show up. Also, the little note-adding plus sign in the bottom corner highlights when I touch it, but it doesn't bring up a new note. Is there any way that I can recover all of those missing notes? Any ideas on how I can get it working again? Thanks!
    The ClassicNote homepage gives the location that the database file. You can use Internalz pro to rename it and ClassicNote should start fresh, but your notes will be gone.

You can also look into ways to repair sqlite databases.
  8.    #488  
    Hi guys,

the downloadable files (Importer, Converter, ...) will be back online in a few days. Sorry - didn't recognize they're offline.

Since I'm still using my old Pre (1) and don't intend to invest too much money in other webOS products there won't be much further development. <sigh>

If someone wants the source code or wants to maintain the project further please write me a few lines...

Best regards,
    Seppel
    I don't know about taking it over permanently, but I'd like to at least update it to make it full-screen Touchpad-compatible. I'll shoot you an email about the source code. Do you care if I just copy the app from my Pre and work with that at least for putting it on my own Touchpad?

Ok apparently I won't email you, since your email is not available, so I sent a PM. :-)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/28/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drj000 View Post
    Save/Restore (from Preware) will backup the ClassicNote database, among others, and restore it. I also use Wifi Media Sync to backup the SaveRestore folder to my PC in case the /media/internal get corrupted or destroyed.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  11.    #491  
    All files should be back online...

I'll see if I can find some time at the we to zip the source and publish it.
    Stay tuned...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I would like to know what method of encryption is used in ClassicNote.

Thanks.

edit: I think I found the answer - the changelog makes reference to "base64 Blowfish"
    Last edited by CapeData; 10/28/2011 at 07:51 AM.
    I've been stupid and broken my Pre2. But I have a backup of my ClassicNote database (I obviously know my passwords for it!). Can anyone advise me regarding extracting the memos from the database. I understand it is sqlite format and uses base64 blowfish ctr encryption, but does anyone know of a "howto" giving some steps regarding how I might do this? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jmmcg; 12/21/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Hi guys,

the downloadable files (Importer, Converter, ...) will be back online in a few days. Sorry - didn't recognize they're offline.

Since I'm still using my old Pre (1) and don't intend to invest too much money in other webOS products there won't be much further development. <sigh>

If someone wants the source code or wants to maintain the project further please write me a few lines...

Best regards,
    Seppel
    hi,

The Classic-Note App is one of the best apps existing for webOS. My History is similar to the authors one. Coming from palmos i missed this powerful memoapp quity bad. The classic note came in, found his warm place on my pixi and i was very happy about it, because it is much better than the old palmos app. Now i invested in a tp 16 gb, because i am happy with webos and the apps existing for it, only.....classic note start "only" in an emulator window. Since it is one of my most used apps i would like to see it in a tablet version (using whole screen, go back buttons in the menues and windows will be enough for, because it is in my op full featured an needs therefore no further development so far.

i am no programmer, so i have no idea, how much work this above mentioned addions were to do. Is this only cosmetics or do we need deeper sight into the source ? So could this work be done be a normal user with "some" engagement ?

@seppel: first of all, i will donate to the author of the original for his work, sorry for this long delay in doing that.

and

@all interested hb developers: i also would donate for seeing the app made fit for the tp. Is there anyone interested.

cheers

achim from giessen, germany
    for Pre3 i just edited the index.hmtl file in
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.littlestick.classicnote in internalz pro:
    after the line <head> insert the following:

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>

for the touchpad which i don't own you have to edit appinfo.json in same directory i think and add uiRevision: 2
    http://www.webosnation.com/developer...-apps-touchpad

But that is only to expand it and it could look a bit ugly and the gesture area is missing so without extra back buttons it could be difficult.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 04/18/2012 at 10:28 AM.
    I have at one time patched the app with back buttons on my Touchpad. I switched Touchpads since then and can't remember where I kept the modified app. When I find it again, I will create a patch file for everyone.
    @gizmo21: is this a patched version for Touchpad-screen ? And moreover with Back Button ?

This would be very nice, if so !

Cheers Achim

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I have at one time patched the app with back buttons on my Touchpad. I switched Touchpads since then and can't remember where I kept the modified app. When I find it again, I will create a patch file for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    @gizmo21: is this a patched version for Touchpad-screen ? And moreover with Back Button ?

This would be very nice, if so !

Cheers Achim

Ask Grabber, he seemed to have one.

So sad this little app isn't developed anymore. If the source code would be there, perhaps someone could add some synergy/syncing service for it. I would really like it to sync with my Zarafa Server via EAS account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hi Grabber,

did you find your modified version somewhere again ?

Would be very nice !

Thanx

Achim