Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I get an error when trying to run start_me_once.bat in Windows 7 for ClassicNote PalmDesktop Importer. I run it as an Administrator. The error is from RegSvr32. The message is "The module sqlite3.dll failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems. The specified module could not be found."

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Works for me.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indkal View Post
    I get an error when trying to run start_me_once.bat in Windows 7 for ClassicNote PalmDesktop Importer. I run it as an Administrator. The error is from RegSvr32. The message is "The module sqlite3.dll failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems. The specified module could not be found."

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Well at least I can confirm you are not alone!

I am getting this exact same error on a Windows Vista machine...

maybe there is something wrong with the latest version?

I've also tried getting this to work on my Windows XP...on that machine I am getting an error that my database files are not version 6 compatible....

will attempt to sync my phone again...but somehow have corrupted the sync manager.

Is proving a very difficult thing to get this to work....

Might try a third computer...thankfully it is easy enough to sync my Treo to multiple machines!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by indkal View Post

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Well I discovered this error occurred on another Windows 7 install of mine too...

but then found the solution...

simply copy the included dll files over to the system32 directory...

C:\Windows\System32

(have also since seen the need to copy these dll files mentioned in a couple places throughout this thread..would be helpful to just add an explanation to either the instructions or with a readme.txt in the download)

Then run the Start me once.bat file again.

While I am no programmer perhaps the bat file could include the command...
    "copy *.dll C:\Windows\System32" (syntax may be off)
    before the included line:
    regsvr32 sqlite3.dll

This way the files would copy over and the bat file would run correctly automatically.

Just a theory anyway...but if you do the manual copy you should be fine.

Have just gone ahead now and imported the memos to my Pre....this has worked really well!

Thank you so much for this app....I have many years of memos going back to the Palm IIIx days...and it is great to have them available now on the Pre.

If you are having any problems with the install process...do what I did..try another pc!

Sometimes rather than troubleshooting the original problem...just bypass it.

Thanks again. Great app!
    Last edited by Mavoz; 09/12/2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Hi!

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to sync with Evernote? I don't care for pictures and html, just text notes is enough for me.

I know that Evernote has an API. The current Evernote app is really bad. With Evernote sync I would be able to see my classic notes on my Mac and upcoming Win 7 tablet.

Google Docs sync is nice, but I put all my notes in Evernote (mostly text notes.) I think this would be a fantastic feature to add.

Thanks for the great work!
  6.    #446  
    If you guys still have problems with the registration of the dll please check this post for a detailed how-to: click me
    Would it be possible for you to add a "search within note"?
    I have a few very big notes and I would like to jump to certain keywords quickly within the note without closing it, searching all notes and then look for the red!
    It would be very much apprechiated!
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettcurtis View Post
    I am trying to export all the notes on my palm pre in Classic Note, and put them into a CSV file for my desktop.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Seppel, you may want to add a link in your first post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2068395

It explains how to export memos from the stock Pre app to CSV, where CN can import them.

The important text is:

1. Use WebOSQuickInstall to save this file to you PC.: /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

2. You need a SQLite application to read the file.
    Download it from here: sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net
    Or you can use the Firefox extension SQLite Manger :sqlite-manager - Project Hosting on Google Code

3. Install the SQLite program and open the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

4.From Menu choose File>Export>Table as CSV File.

5.Then From "Table Name" choose "Com_Palm_Pim_memo" to export your Palm Pre memos. or Choose "Com_Palm_Pim_Contacts" to export your Palm Pre contacts.

6.The export file will be saved as a CSV file and it can be easily imported into ClassicNote, Palm Desktop or uploaded to Google Contacts or any other source that support CSV files.
    Is there anyway to export notes in ClassicNote to google docs?
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Would it be possible for you to add a "search within note"?
    I have a few very big notes and I would like to jump to certain keywords quickly within the note without closing it, searching all notes and then look for the red!
    It would be very much apprechiated!
    I'm sorry - thats not possible with the current SDK: There's no way to position the cursor in this kind of text field

Maybe with webOS 2 this will be possible - I have to check that.
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    Seppel, you may want to add a link in your first post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2068395

It explains how to export memos from the stock Pre app to CSV, where CN can import them.
    Thanks for the tipp - I'll check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    I'm sorry - thats not possible with the current SDK: There's no way to position the cursor in this kind of text field

Maybe with webOS 2 this will be possible - I have to check that.
    It would be enough to be able to search from within the note and have the results highlighted if found like with global search plus a feedback if a match was found or not (or how many ).
    Would this be very hard to implement? It would be amazing!
    I bought my Pre Plus in March and also purchased Classic, which allowed me to keep my Memos. Now with Web 2.0 looming and Classic's life in doubt, I'm trying to find a way to get my Memos currently in Classic on my Pre back to my desktop so I can import them into ClassicNote. If all else fails, I can use the older version of those Memos currently on my Palm Desktop from my last Treo sync.

Ideally, what I'm trying to do is locate the MemoDB on my Pre so I can copy it to my T|X, sync it and use that for my ClassicNote import.

I'm willing to accept that what I'm trying is impossible and I could live with the old import and just manually entering the few changed memos.

Any help or commiseration would be gratefully accepted.

Sincerely,

Bill
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbteeple View Post
    I bought my Pre Plus in March and also purchased Classic, which allowed me to keep my Memos. Now with Web 2.0 looming and Classic's life in doubt, I'm trying to find a way to get my Memos currently in Classic on my Pre back to my desktop so I can import them into ClassicNote. If all else fails, I can use the older version of those Memos currently on my Palm Desktop from my last Treo sync.

Ideally, what I'm trying to do is locate the MemoDB on my Pre so I can copy it to my T|X, sync it and use that for my ClassicNote import.

I'm willing to accept that what I'm trying is impossible and I could live with the old import and just manually entering the few changed memos.

Any help or commiseration would be gratefully accepted.

Sincerely,

Bill
    Why don't you just sync your memos to Palm Desktop via Classic's hotsync engine using WiFi and then use the Classic Note import engine?
    I actually should set that up for at least historical purposes before Classic goes away. I'll need to find instructions in the PreCentral forums because MotionApps doesn't seem to have much about it.

In this instance, the changes in the database are so few I could actually edit them by hand and use the old Treo Memos from Palm desktop. Trying to get the Java Cryptography Extensions working so I can import my Keyring entries to my Pre.

Thanks for responding.

Bill
    Quintus, you are correct about hotsync, because while my Memos were relatively untouched, my Keyring database was definitely updated. Wireless sync was fairly easy to set up. With some sifting through MotionApps site, I did find what I needed to accomplish that. Now, I'm about 99% weaned from Classic Palm OS.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I downloaded and setup ClassicNote, using instructions found here. It took a bit of work, but what a delight. Donated a few Euros.

My one request would be: Incremental instant search, "as you type".

Much thanks!
    Gordon
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Found the incremental search! Loving this app!
    I am think that apart from an easy way to backup and/or sync, the one thing that would be most useful is a shortcuts feature, like my old Palms. Anyway, this is great progress. May you be bought by Palm and be setup for retirement!
    When I received my new phone and updated my Palm Profile, ClassicNote did not reinstall. How can I get it on my new phone? If I can install it on the new phone, then how can I get my data back. I have the database on my computer.
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmarks View Post
    When I received my new phone and updated my Palm Profile, ClassicNote did not reinstall. How can I get it on my new phone? If I can install it on the new phone, then how can I get my data back. I have the database on my computer.
    1. Reinstall ClassicNote
    2. Start it once and close it afterwards
    3. Connect your Pre to your PC (as USB-drive)
    4. Check the ClassicNote-path (the one where you found the database) for a newly created database.
    5. Note the filename of this new database and copy your backup to this path using the just noted filename

Cheers,
    Seppel