Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Since there is no app fee any more any chance of having this in the app catalog?
    Definitly yes!

After finishing the next version with some small enhancements I'll publish CN through the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Definitly yes!
    After finishing the next version with some small enhancements I'll publish CN through the app catalog
    How much are you planning to charge for it?
    Yeah how much? It don't matter to me since I love this app more then the other ones. And now when it's in the app catalog you can add more features. But I expect it will be a v. 1.0.0 now. Ohh I'm so excited can't wait. If you can push it out with the sell it would be good on your in.

PS When it hit the app catalog and I delete the version I got now will my notes get deleted??
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    First of all: GOOD TO HEAR YOU RECOVERED YOUR NOTE

Can you describe what actions could have caused the broken encryption?
    This has happened twice in about 3 months, so it is rare enough for me to not recall the actions I did. I will monitor it of course, and try to let you know what might be the cause.
    How does ecnryption run?
    Does it encrypt all, only a category or one note?
    Claus
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    How much are you planning to charge for it?
    nothing. I always said, I won't charge anything for the app. I think, that if you buy an app you can expect a guaranteed quality and support - since this is only a project in my free time I can't guarantee one of this...

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    PS When it hit the app catalog and I delete the version I got now will my notes get deleted??
    I dont think you have to delete your existing installation. You'll only have to update.

ATM I just can't promise when the launch will happen...

Quote Originally Posted by claus.uetersen View Post
    How does ecnryption run?
    Does it encrypt all, only a category or one note?
    One way is: you select categories whose notes should get encrypted.
    The other way: you mark single notes as Private. Those notes will be hidden - but not encrypted.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Actually, the default font is much too large

So, +1 for the ability to choose a different font size and make it stick.
    I found if you use Internalz to edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.littlestick.classicnote/app/views/NoteEdit/NoteEdit-scene.html and change the font-size:large to font-size:small you get a smaller default font. I think you can also set the font-size to values like 12px to get it exactly the size you want.

I also added font-family:serif; to get a Times font. I'm really starting to light the hackability of my phone.

I'm relatively new to the Palm Pre and CSS, so I'm not sure how dangerous doing this is.

The Append Text File is nice for loading text files, but is there way of saving a note a as text file (instead of saving a bunch of them as a CVS file)?

Things would be easier the WebOS didn't forget amount double spaced lines when coping to the clip board. It's a strange bug with how important they are to Internet use.
    Last edited by doconnor; 07/07/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Still wondering about the desktop app to work with that you talked about awhile back.
    I have a memo that's 20611 chars according to the info button. If I edit the memo and then swipe back to save it, ClassicNote never gets back to the memo selection screen. But if I wait a bit, exit, and restart ClassicNote, the changes have been saved. A minor annoyance, but thought it was worth mentioning.
    how do you delete a memo..i cannot figure this out
    nevermind..duh
    I have about 1000 notes (memos) on the Palm Pre that I have written and collected while working on a project. I used the standard Pre Memo app because it was really handy to take quick notes in the field.

I want to export those notes so I can give them to my co-workers for reference. They should be able to view them in Excel, or some other PC app. It would also be nice if I could get the notes in a format that could be read on their iPhones and Android phones as well.

Someone in one of the other forums said I could use ClassicNote to do this. So I got ClassicNotes running on my Pre. However I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the 1000 notes that are in my Pre standard Memo app to export. Do I somehow transfer the Pre notes to ClassicNotes and then export them? Or is there some way to tell ClassicNotes to export all the Pre notes directly?
    Last edited by teledon; 08/01/2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teledon View Post
    So I got ClassicNotes running on my Pre. However I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the 1000 notes that are in my Pre standard Memo app to export.
    I hope for you that Seppel with his much deeper knowledge of the Pre's data management with be able to help you; my impression is that that ridiculous Memo app is a bit of a Black Hole - what goes in stays in.

I haven't even been able to find a way to delete all memos at once, let alone do a batch export.
    I installed the filemgr-service onto my pre and ran Export to CSV. It created a file called 100801_ClassicNote_export.csv on my Pre but it didn't have anything in it and was 0 KB. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettcurtis View Post
    I installed the filemgr-service onto my pre and ran Export to CSV. It created a file called 100801_ClassicNote_export.csv on my Pre but it didn't have anything in it and was 0 KB. Any suggestions?
    Hi, Ben,

the name sounds more like an export FROM ClassicNote - weren't you just trying to fill that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi, Ben,

the name sounds more like an export FROM ClassicNote - weren't you just trying to fill that up?
    I am trying to export all the notes on my palm pre in Classic Note, and put them into a CSV file for my desktop.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Help! Don't see the imported memos in ClassicNote...appeared to have imported just like previously (was able to do everything perfectly in past but after Restore via PBU, no more memos). Got Verizon PrePlus, re-downloaded CN.1.19 as well as ClassicNote_import_0.1.7, ran program with successful import of 8 categories and 70 memos but nothing when I open up CN!

OK...solved my issue but not really sure why and some guidance would be appreciated. Figured out that the prior imports were to the files 000...0010 and 000...000a but once I selected the file 000...009b, voila! CN now showing the memos I have imported! This tech is a bit beyond me so not sure why there are several files under the folder file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 as well as why the importer was selecting the other files which did not show up. Also, for backup, do I save copy of the entire folder then? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by ckmed; 08/04/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: update
  18.    #438  
    Hi folks,

sorry for the long quiet time - I had some other stuff to do...

Quote Originally Posted by teledon View Post
    Someone in one of the other forums said I could use ClassicNote to do this. So I got ClassicNotes running on my Pre. However I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the 1000 notes that are in my Pre standard Memo app to export. Do I somehow transfer the Pre notes to ClassicNotes and then export them? Or is there some way to tell ClassicNotes to export all the Pre notes directly?
    I'm sorry to say, that I don't know an easy way either. Using the SDK there is no way to read or write the memos of the official Memo App

Quote Originally Posted by bennettcurtis View Post
    How many notes do you try to export? Could you try to select a single category and export those notes?

Cheers,
    Seppel
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmed View Post
    OK...solved my issue but not really sure why and some guidance would be appreciated. Figured out that the prior imports were to the files 000...0010 and 000...000a but once I selected the file 000...009b, voila! CN now showing the memos I have imported! This tech is a bit beyond me so not sure why there are several files under the folder file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 as well as why the importer was selecting the other files which did not show up. Also, for backup, do I save copy of the entire folder then? Thanks so much.
    Only one db-file is your current notes-database.
    Every time you reinstall the app ClassicNote (not when doing an update but doing an uninstall/reinstall), webOS assigns a new unique filename.
    The importer only chooses one file randomly (since there's no practical way to determine which one is your current one). A good way to check for ou would be the created/last change timestamp of the file.
    For backup: yes - the easiest way is to backup the whole folder. Or you try to find your actual file and backup only this one.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    uh no new news