Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    <snip> . And why can't there be a preference for the default font size?? The default font is too small and I get tired of having to click on S/H to change the size.
    Actually, the default font is much too large

So, +1 for the ability to choose a different font size and make it stick.

...though the one feature I'd like to see more than any other is manual sorting, which I only REALLY need in one category, but there it's absolutely essential.

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have my memos all in .txt format. is there a way to import all of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    not an easy one. Either you copy them into a csv-file and import them using the Windows CSV Importer. Or you can import one by one directly into ClassicNote on your Pre...
    I had a ton of txt files from my Windows Mobile Phone and found it easy to cut and paste them into their own category in Palm Desktop and then export that category.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    not an easy one. Either you copy them into a csv-file and import them using the Windows CSV Importer. Or you can import one by one directly into ClassicNote on your Pre...
    how do I mke it into a csv file? I had these notes from missing sync before when I was using it with my ols treo and mac.

EDIT:

I have these memos in google docs. Is there a way to import from there?
    Last edited by johnj2803; 06/15/2010 at 09:11 PM.
    A problem I will describe has happened for the second time now....

The problem is that I have a note (amongst others) in an encrypted category that used to be o.k. Now it is random characters, whereas the others are fine. How can I recover the contents of the note?! I guess I'll have to hope I've backed it up, otherwise those passwords for something have been lost for good... And I'm sunk. This is a major issue for me: if ClassicNote cannot be trusted to reliably decrypt notes then it cannot be trusted with anything... And I *like* ClassicNote...

My Palm Pre is running webos v1.4.1.1. I am running ClassicNote v0.1.19.

I recovered the note by using the Pre Backup Utility and restoring the database from a previous backup to find the missing note, as it turns out a very important one and finally copy it back into the new ClassicNote db. Ran another backup after ensuring that there were no other junk notes... All hail the Pre Backup Utility.
    Last edited by jmmcg; 06/16/2010 at 07:31 AM.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Actually, the default font is much too large

So, +1 for the ability to choose a different font size and make it stick.

...though the one feature I'd like to see more than any other is manual sorting, which I only REALLY need in one category, but there it's absolutely essential.
    the default font-size will come within the next version.About the manual sorting...I know some people want it, I don't need - we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    how do I mke it into a csv file? I had these notes from missing sync before when I was using it with my ols treo and mac.

EDIT:

I have these memos in google docs. Is there a way to import from there?
    A csv-file is a text with one note per line,different datafields (like text and category) are seperated by ";".Linebreaks within the notes have to get replaced by another ASCII-char you choose.
    Google Docs is no help by now.
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmcg View Post
    A problem I will describe has happened for the second time now....

The problem is that I have a note (amongst others) in an encrypted category that used to be o.k. Now it is random characters, whereas the others are fine. How can I recover the contents of the note?! I guess I'll have to hope I've backed it up, otherwise those passwords for something have been lost for good... And I'm sunk. This is a major issue for me: if ClassicNote cannot be trusted to reliably decrypt notes then it cannot be trusted with anything... And I *like* ClassicNote...

My Palm Pre is running webos v1.4.1.1. I am running ClassicNote v0.1.19.

I recovered the note by using the Pre Backup Utility and restoring the database from a previous backup to find the missing note, as it turns out a very important one and finally copy it back into the new ClassicNote db. Ran another backup after ensuring that there were no other junk notes... All hail the Pre Backup Utility.
    First of all: GOOD TO HEAR YOU RECOVERED YOUR NOTE

Can you describe what actions could have caused the broken encryption?
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Sometimes it happens as quickly as 4 hours or so. It only happens if I have a NOTE open for a while, not just the program at the list of notes. Thanks for your help.
    I had one note open for about 1 day and entered some text from time to time - everything worked fine...

Can you search and filter the memo list after closing the memo?
    Just got ClassicNote today and having a problem getting .CSV import to work. Using XP, rebooted system to no avail. I have exported my Memos to a .csv from Desktop 4.1.4 but the Importer app crashes when I start with the following message ...

Box Title: ClassicNote CSV-Importer_0.0.4.0.exe - Application Errorhe
    Box contents: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate application

... OK button at bottom. I click it and it ends.

I just unpacked the .zip and am running file by x2 click from my desktop.

Any ideas? Am I supposed to run with params?
    Patrick Horne
    I gave up & had to get a 7 day trial of Chapura sync utility for Palm WebOS and it turns out it has a note app that fully syncs both ways with Outlook, I love. No need to do all these hacks, zipping, importing, exporting & so on. I mean don't take me wrong I love to explore and even have preware installed, but I also needed reliability and a good two-way sync solution for not only my notes, but also my calendar and contact entries.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Patrick,

You need to export from Palm Desktop 6.2, older versions are not supported.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Patrick,

You need to export from Palm Desktop 6.2, older versions are not supported.
    Thanks for the suggestion. But, as usual Palmsource created a big piece of garbage when they rewrote PD 6 as opposed to v4. If I have to convert to 6, I'll go w/out a note prog.

Actually, what I was trying to do was use the .CSV tool that is advertised. It ''should'' take a CSV from any version and import to the WebOS classicnote db. It just crashes when I try to start it.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    Patrick Horne
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Actually, what I was trying to do was use the .CSV tool that is advertised. It ''should'' take a CSV from any version and import to the WebOS classicnote db. It just crashes when I try to start it.
    Do you have the dll-files from the zip-file in the same directory as the executable? You need to have the .NET framework installed as well (but most Windows user have that anyway...).
    Do you have the dll-files from the zip-file in the same directory as the executable? You need to have the .NET framework installed as well (but most Windows user have that anyway...).
    .NET, now that may be the prob. It may have been uninstalled. I'll install and retry wheb I get back to my netbook. Thanks.
    Patrick Horne
    OK. The rabbit hole goes deeper.

I fixed the original prob by repairing the .NET framework ... woohoo. The app pops right up and allows me to choose the .CSV file that I exported from Palm Desktop. It also allows me to choose the "drive letter" where the Pre is located as a USB drive. So, I click the "Read CSV-file" button and kerplunk, I get the following error ...

"Cannot read file from disk. Original error: CSV error"

I've looked thru the .CSV file with a text editor and the delimeters / separators look like a match with what the app says. My export was of all records and I made no changes to anything. Palm Desktop offered no options as to delimiter types etc.

Any ideas appreciated.
    Patrick Horne
  15. iDG
    Hello,
    if anyone is interested, I wrote a small perl script that imports an actual PalmOS Memo PDB into ClassicNote.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by iDG View Post
    Hello,
    if anyone is interested, I wrote a small perl script that imports an actual PalmOS Memo PDB into ClassicNote.
    this is awesome... but how do you use this?
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    "Cannot read file from disk. Original error: CSV error"
    In most cases this is caused by wrong linefeeds.

Make sure, that:
    • there's only one note per line
    • you enter the ASCII code of the linebreaks within a note into the importer
    • you use a different char as linefeed within the notes as at the end of the line

I know it's not that simple I'll post a demo csv-file this evening. So you can compare and check your file.

Cheers,
    Seppel
  18.    #418  
    Here you can find a small csv demo file. I hope it's more or less self explanatory... If not - please ask
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for all the help. Big time.

Spent about an hour today. But, looking through the .csv at the thousand or so memos that I have and seeing special characters galore and many that are more than 1 one line etc, is quite overwhelming. Maybe Desktop 4.x does not export the same way. It sure does not have many options.

I was able to cut and paste 3 or 4 lines out of the .csv file and save to another file in order to test the conversion. It worked for those 3 "orderly" memos. But, if I have to go thru the massive confusion of a .csv trying to purify the file so that it can be converted, then I surrender.

I think a better approach may be to wait it out to see if a better solution comes and just use Classic + Memos if I need my old memos. Or, maybe just e-mail myself my most important ones and save in ClassicNote as I need them.

I don't know? I just know that I'm spending a lot of time with the prospect of what looks like a whole lot more time for something that's not "that" important. The juice aint worth the squeeze as they say.

Thanks for the help and input Seppel and everyone else.
    Patrick Horne
    Since there is no app fee any more any chance of having this in the app catalog?