Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post

ok - I forgot to mention, that you have to unpack the zip - I thought that's kind of self-evident

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I did unpack the zip first. But then had to do the same for the .bat. The second part I didn't find self evident.
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I did unpack the zip first. But then had to do the same for the .bat. The second part I didn't find self evident.
    hmm - that's strange. I think that if you unpack the complete zip you shouldn't have to unpack the .bat file again!?
    But good that it worked for you

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I just did a search on this thread and nothing really came up. Any future way of adding Google Docs support? Or a way to send to google docs. I don't really care about two way syncing. If you had no thoughts of adding it then it would be fine with me.

Thanks
    Any possibility of adding a delete option when viewing a memo? I'm trying to clean up some memos and seems I have to go back to the list in order to swipe and delete.

Also, I searched on a word. A couple of memos came up which I viewed but did not change/edit anything The edit date was changed from just viewing the memo. Is that intended?
    I also don't like the fact that you cannot delete a memo while viewing it. I don't know what's in the memo until I view it - and then a swipe or tow back in order to delete it is clumsy. And why can't there be a preference for the default font size?? The default font is too small and I get tired of having to click on S/H to change the size.

I prefer Fliq Notes for these reasons.
    I seem to have a persistent bug with 0.1.19. Every now and then when I am editing a memo then swipe back to the list of memos, if I select any memo, it opens the memo but the contents are blank. If I exit ClassicNote and reenter it, it behaves nomally.

There is only one pattern I can determine. When I run the app Word Whirl, I keep CN opened to a particular memo because I am compiling a list of words to add / remove for the author. I often keep Word Whirl and ClassicNote open for days at a time. It seems that when ClassicNote is open for a long time (several hours +) with a memo open, this behavior will happen.

I have a US Verizon Palm Pre Plus with 1.4.1.1 installed.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that any data entered in the memo since last "save" (returning to memo list) is lost. No previously entered data is lost, but new data is.
  8.    #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I just did a search on this thread and nothing really came up. Any future way of adding Google Docs support? Or a way to send to google docs. I don't really care about two way syncing. If you had no thoughts of adding it then it would be fine with me.
    The problem with the Google Docs & EverNote API is, there's no way to implement any kind of encryption. So it could only be a partial solution

Maybe I should start a little poll about what to sync with...
  9.    #389  
    Any possibility of adding a delete option when viewing a memo? I'm trying to clean up some memos and seems I have to go back to the list in order to swipe and delete.
    hmm - you're the first one asking for that feature (but suzyQt wants it as well). I'll see what I can do.

Also, I searched on a word. A couple of memos came up which I viewed but did not change/edit anything The edit date was changed from just viewing the memo. Is that intended?
    no - thats not intended. I've looked into it before but couldn't find why CN "thinks" something changed. Have to check again.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention that any data entered in the memo since last "save" (returning to memo list) is lost. No previously entered data is lost, but new data is.
    That sounds like there's a problem of writing/reading the database?! Can you browse and filter the memo list after closing/before opening the memo?
    Does this error occur if you don't stay in the memo view but in the list?
    sometimes they just take time to load the content of the memo... from my experience.
    Sorry, I have a stupid question: I exported my notes out of outlook into a CSV file. I got an error trying to import it to ClassicNote with ClassicNote CSV-Importer_0.0.4.0. I gess that I stumble over the "linebreak symbol". In which format I have to add it. Do you know what I have to fill in under windows XP, if I chose "Komma getrennte Werte (Windows)" in exporting the data out of outlook? - Danke für die Antwort!
    Last edited by August Kaelin; 06/11/2010 at 11:33 PM.
    That sounds like there's a problem of writing/reading the database?! Can you browse and filter the memo list after closing/before opening the memo?
    Does this error occur if you don't stay in the memo view but in the list?
    If I have a memo open (that has been open for a LONG time - call it Memo X) and swipe back, I am at the list of memos. I can scroll that list. If I select ANY of them (including the one I was just in), it acts like it is opening the memo (new page etc), but there is no text in the message.

If I exit Classic Note, I can open any memo as usual. The only problem is that whatever text I had entered in Memo X since the last time I had swiped back to the list of memos or simply exited Classic Notes is gone. It was not saved.

If it will help, I have a US Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus with OS 1.4.1.1. I have the following patches installed:

3000 Autoreplace Words 1.4.1-1
    4x4 icons v4 No Arrows Plus More 1.4.1-4
    Ad Blocker 1.4.1-1
    Add Bing and Yahoo 1.4.1-7
    Add Move to Folder Button 1.4.1-1 (Email)
    Add Open URL Menu Option 1.4.1-1 (Web)
    Add Sync Now 1.4.1-12 (Contacts)
    Additional Contact Labels 1.4.1-6 (Contacts)
    Advanced Options in Launcher 1.4.1-1
    All-Day Events in Month View 1.4.1-1 (Calendar)
    Audio/Video Attachments 1.4.1-1 (Messaging)
    Auto Show Dialpad on Call 1.4.1-13 (Phone)
    Battery Icon as Percent 1.4.1-1
    Brightness in Device Menu 1.4.1-1
    Call Duration in Call Log 1.4.1-1 (Phone)
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage 1.4.1-1 (Web)
    Character Counter 1.4.1-6 (Messaging)
    Close on hangup 1.4.1-1 (Phone)
    Command Line 1.4.1-16
    Create Birthday Events 1.4.1-16 (Calendar)
    Enable Landscape Email 1.4.1-1
    Hide VZNav 1.4.1-14
    Ignore A, An, The 1.4.1-1 (music)
    Multi Mod 1.4.1-14 (web)
    No Auto Off While Charging 1.4.0-12
    PDF Redux 1.4.1-6
    Prevent Removal (of PDF) 1.4.1-1
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute 1.4.1-1
    Simple Shutter Sound Off 1.4.1-16 (Camera)
    Temperature with Batter in Device Menu 1.4.1-2
    Unthrottle Download Manager 1.4.1-1
    USCL Memos Patch 1.4.1-1
    Video Downloads 1.4.1-1 (You tube)
    Wrap Location Field 1.4.1-1 (Calendar)
    Wrap Pages 1.4.1-1 (Launcher)
    UberKernal (Pre/Pre+) 1.4.1-21 Overclocked to 600MHz
    Govnah .0.4.2

Let me know if there's any other info that might help.

Thanks,
    Panagiotis
    great note taking program, with all the properties of good old Palm OS, but I still have not been able to get the importer to work and transfer all my notes from PalmDesktop 6 to ClassicNote. I follow these instructions, but not results:

make sure you have started ClassicNote on the Pre before and it is closed now
    - connect your Pre in USB-drive mode
    - after that start PDtoCN.exe

help....
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by August Kaelin View Post
    Sorry, I have a stupid question: I exported my notes out of outlook into a CSV file. I got an error trying to import it to ClassicNote with ClassicNote CSV-Importer_0.0.4.0. I gess that I stumble over the "linebreak symbol". In which format I have to add it. Do you know what I have to fill in under windows XP, if I chose "Komma getrennte Werte (Windows)" in exporting the data out of outlook? - Danke für die Antwort!
    There are no stupid questions
    But I can't help you without an example of your export. If you want, you can send me one by PM...

Cheers,
    Seppel
  16.    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    but I still have not been able to get the importer to work and transfer all my notes from PalmDesktop 6 to ClassicNote. I follow these instructions, but not results:

make sure you have started ClassicNote on the Pre before and it is closed now
    - connect your Pre in USB-drive mode
    - after that start PDtoCN.exe
    Can you describe what exactly is not working? Do you get any error message? Can you select your PD User? Does PDtoCN show you any numbers? It' hard to help with so less information...

Cheers,
    Seppel
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    If I have a memo open (that has been open for a LONG time - call it Memo X) and swipe back, I am at the list of memos. I can scroll that list. If I select ANY of them (including the one I was just in), it acts like it is opening the memo (new page etc), but there is no text in the message.
    If I exit Classic Note, I can open any memo as usual. The only problem is that whatever text I had entered in Memo X since the last time I had swiped back to the list of memos or simply exited Classic Notes is gone. It was not saved.
    hmm - I never heard of such an error before I'll see, if I can reproduce it here - but maybe it's really the result of a strange interference with one of your patches...

I'll test and report - after a LONG time (which will be about 1 or 2 days!?)
    i have my memos all in .txt format. is there a way to import all of them?
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i have my memos all in .txt format. is there a way to import all of them?
    not an easy one. Either you copy them into a csv-file and import them using the Windows CSV Importer. Or you can import one by one directly into ClassicNote on your Pre...
    hmm - I never heard of such an error before I'll see, if I can reproduce it here - but maybe it's really the result of a strange interference with one of your patches...

I'll test and report - after a LONG time (which will be about 1 or 2 days!?)
    Sometimes it happens as quickly as 4 hours or so. It only happens if I have a NOTE open for a while, not just the program at the list of notes. Thanks for your help.