Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by fa18flyr View Post
    Looking forward to getting this to work but having problems. Manually loaded dll into System32 folder fine. But when I attempt to run the PDtoCN file as administrator I get the following error: Run time error 429 ActiveX component can't create object.
    I am using Win7 32 bit.
    Any ideas?
    About your error 429 - please check this post
    You have to follow those steps to register the needed dlls. Only if that succeeded you can go on...

Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    Would it be possible to sync notes with Evernote? Don't they have some API that would enable that? Most of my Evernote notes are just text anyway.
    I'll have a look at the API.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    You have to follow those steps to register the needed dlls. Only if that succeeded you can go on...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Ok, had to change the steps a little as I believe they were written for Vista, not Win7. Everything working now, thanks!
    Seppel

I continue to use ClassicNote, & love it, but I have one issue...

A template for notes has been set for a cat.*Now when I apply it it deletes the note.*Can you reproduce/rrsolve this?

Thanks!

Andrew

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I'm trying to import my csv, where do I get sqlite3.dll?
  5.    #365  
    @Andrew: when creating a new memo within a category which has a template, the text of this template memo should be pasted.

@broncot: the sqlite.dlls are for the PD2CN Importer. For CSV importing you'll need the dll that's within the zip you downloaded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    Seppel,

Thanks, you were exactly right! I went in to Preware and turned off "Palm-Web" and the "Palm-Web-Updates" feeds, then went to the update for ClassicNote and it immediately loaded.

And Thanks for the latest bunch of updates, I had been wanting to ask for a font size choice but you beat me to it. In looking over my notes I also see I was going to ask for password protection and a sync option, both of which you have already implimented, so I'm pretty happy at this point.

Thanks Again!
    Just a note, was trying to install this app today and had to do exactly this. It wouldn't install via the app catalog... it just hung at "Installing"
    I misunderstood, I'm getting an error "cannot read file from disk. Original error:CSV error"
    I love this app.
    I have a question that I have not been able to solve. How do you password protect a file? When I click the gold key at the bottom, it says "No Password detected. Please enter a password first." The only place I can find to enter a password is to go to the dropdown menus "Private" and "Encryption". However even after I set the password, the gold key gives me the same error message. What I am doing wrong?
  9.    #369  
    @broncotlease read the other posts about csv importing. Make sure there is only one note per line.

@takahash:there are two kinds of passwords:
    -Private: hide the 'private' marked notes
    -Encryption: all notes of the encrypted categories will be stored encrypted. The password is used as encryption key.

When pressing the Key-button you unlock the encryption.

I'll see if I can write a little documentation in the near future - since most people don't check the complete thread (what I can understand).

Cheers,
    Seppel
    @broncotlease read the other posts about csv importing. Make sure there is only one note per line.

@takahash:there are two kinds of passwords:
    -Private: hide the 'private' marked notes
    -Encryption: all notes of the encrypted categories will be stored encrypted. The password is used as encryption key.

When pressing the Key-button you unlock the encryption.

I'll see if I can write a little documentation in the near future - since most people don't check the complete thread (what I can understand).

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Where do I enter the password such that the GoldKey button will no longer tell me "No Password defined"?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by takahash View Post
    Where do I enter the password such that the GoldKey button will no longer tell me "No Password defined"?
    encryption-->set password in the pull down menu
    [QUOTE=Seppel;2426036]@Andrew: when creating a new memo within a category which has a template, the text of this template memo should be pasted.

Seppel; Thanks for your reply! The only thing that works is saving a note in another cat. Then opening it again & changing it to the cat. With the template & saying "no" to the application of the template.

Andrew
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    The only thing that works is saving a note in another cat. Then opening it again & changing it to the cat. With the template & saying "no" to the application of the template.
    Is your template note filled or is it empty?
    Could you describe the steps you did/do and your setting?

Here are the steps it should work - and does for me:
    1) create or edit a note (eg: "PreName: LastName: Birthday:")
    2) assign a category (eg "Friends") to this note
    3) goto Edit Categories and select the (i) button for the category you want assign the template to (-> Friends)
    4) select the note "Prename..." as template
    5) as soon as you create a new empty note with this category the text of the template will be filled ("Prename: Lastname: Bithday
    6) if there's already text in an note and you choose to change the category of this note to a category with a template you'll get asked if you want to overwrite the existing text with the text of the template...
    Last edited by Seppel; 05/08/2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Ah-Ha! I think that's my problem. "No file set as a template"

I had set a note within a category as the template for that category, then later deleted the note. Then when I created a new note for the category it would come in as "category undefined" (and I would key-in a lot of text) and go to assign the category it would ask me if I wanted to use the template, and either way YES or NO it would delete the note I just spent x-minutes keying-in. (very frustrating )

But now I have a note within a cat. called "Template" with a "Heading" in bold font, an "underline" in regular font, a "Description" in italic font, and a series of "bullet points" in the regular font. This is the note I have assigned as the template and every time I choose the "Plus" to add a new note it automatically brings up this template, I simply change the text for the heading and description and begin keying-in my notes.

Thanks Seppel, you've saved the day again!
    Hi
    Tried CSV out and a file with a date and .csv extension is created, however the size is 0.
    I've installed FileMgr service (can't install Internalz for some reason).
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    x
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Hi
    Tried CSV out and a file with a date and .csv extension is created, however the size is 0.
    I've installed FileMgr service (can't install Internalz for some reason).
    You could try to export a single category first. Select the category as filter and "Export to CSV" then...
    this is likely a stupid question, but I'm trying to find the App ID for ClassicNote so I can add it to my TealSpeed Quicklaunch bar. I love this app: SO much better than Fliq Notes!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I believe it is "com.littlestick.classicnote".

From a previous post by Jason Robitaille:
    The App ID is the name of the folder that the app is installed in. You can use Internalz to find them on your WebOS device.

Built-in apps: /usr/palm/applications/
    Other apps: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Great app! Now if I could delete all of the memos that I exported to the regular Memos app before finding ClassicNote.

I just want to mention that when I used the ClassicNote importer - it says: "execute Start_Me_Once.bat for registering the sqlite3.dll." So I double clicked on Start_me_once.bat - this gave me the option to extract or run, I selected run, and the execution failed. So I double clicked on Start_me_once.bat again, and selected extract, and then double clicked it again and selected Run - this registered the sqlite3.dll correctly.

Then I had to do the same for PDtoCN_0.1.7.exe, and everything transferred over successfully to my new AT&T Pre Plus. I have about 1300 memos. My Largest category has 745 - this takes about 10 seconds to load. Also after using the internal search function, it takes forever to return back to the normal sorted memos via a back swipe.

I can't figure out a good way to get to the last memo since the import gave all the memos the same create date, and it takes 50 swipes to scroll to the bottom. Any suggestions?

An enhancement I would love to see would to be to be able to set a preference for default font size. I like the largest font for all memos, and having to select this each time when I create a memo is cumbersome. Thanks for the fantastic work.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Great app! Now if I could delete all of the memos that I exported to the regular Memos app before finding ClassicNote.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see another way beside editing the memo db-files by hand

I just want to mention that when I used the ClassicNote importer - it says: "execute Start_Me_Once.bat for registering the sqlite3.dll." So I double clicked on Start_me_once.bat - this gave me the option to extract or run, I selected run, and the execution failed. So I double clicked on Start_me_once.bat again, and selected extract, and then double clicked it again and selected Run - this registered the sqlite3.dll correctly.
    ok - I forgot to mention, that you have to unpack the zip - I thought that's kind of self-evident

Then I had to do the same for PDtoCN_0.1.7.exe, and everything transferred over successfully to my new AT&T Pre Plus. I have about 1300 memos. My Largest category has 745 - this takes about 10 seconds to load. Also after using the internal search function, it takes forever to return back to the normal sorted memos via a back swipe.
    I can't do much about the loading time for such a huge category. But I'll check why it takes so much time for returning...

I can't figure out a good way to get to the last memo since the import gave all the memos the same create date, and it takes 50 swipes to scroll to the bottom. Any suggestions?
    I'm sorry for the same date - but PalmDesktop doesn't store any dates at all - so placing the import date for all memos was the only option.
    You could try to sort by alphabet and filter the list by the beginning letters...

But maybe you should rethink your categories anyway!? Whats the use of a category with more than 700 memos? Is there no practical finer categorizing for those memos?

An enhancement I would love to see would to be to be able to set a preference for default font size. I like the largest font for all memos, and having to select this each time when I create a memo is cumbersome.
    Yeah - it was requested before. Maybe something for the next release...

Cheers,
    Seppel