Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    HELP!!!
    I connect to USB and than disconnect. Can see all my notes in the list but when I click on it to open it is completely empty. Please how can I recover all my notes.

Neither can I create new notes, nor is working the search. What have I done???
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    When I now copy these files to my C drive (I assume that is the idea for backup, right?) do I have than the latest changes when today we are March 13?
    yes - that's right. Only one of these files is your current db. The other is something like an abandoned database.
  3.    #303  
    HELP!!!
    I connect to USB and than disconnect. Can see all my notes in the list but when I click on it to open it is completely empty. Please how can I recover all my notes.

Neither can I create new notes, nor is working the search. What have I done???
    please reconnect to a PC and check/restore the backups you've just done.
    If you don't get it working again, feel free to send me the database files, so I can check them.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    please reconnect to a PC and check/restore the backups you've just done.
    If you don't get it working again, feel free to send me the database files, so I can check them.
    I have not done anything but seems I have now all files again. Don't know what happened. Quite frightening have to say. Is this Classic Note safe or should I have to consider regulalrly backup? Point is that I have quite important info. Would be great if there exist some automatic update. For example my calendar I have on Google so always I am sure.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    yes - that's right. Only one of these files is your current db. The other is something like an abandoned database.
    But on my PC it is indicated that the latest change of that file was made on march 7 while today we are March 13 and I do have made changes in ClassicNote today as well. When I make backup will I really have the latest changings?
  6.    #306  
    When I make backup will I really have the latest changings?
    yes - for sure.
    ClassicNote stores the notes into this database. Maybe webOS doesn't update the date stamps - but that shouldn't bother you.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    yes - for sure.
    ClassicNote stores the notes into this database. Maybe webOS doesn't update the date stamps - but that shouldn't bother you.
    Before I new about the update I copied one by one all my notes to email. On March 8th I started moving back to ClassicNote. Maybe that's why it is not updating. I will try now. .... Disaster has appeared. The file that appeared after USB connection and D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 was exactly the same file as saved before with 11kb and date 7March. I copied and now open ClassicNote and nothing appeared as what I was afraid of. Any way to recover my data???
    Last edited by pansovic; 03/13/2010 at 05:40 AM.
  8.    #308  
    Before I new about the update I copied one by one all my notes to email. On March 8th I started moving back to ClassicNote. Maybe that's why it is not updating. I will try now. .... Disaster has appeared. The file that appeared after USB connection and D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 was exactly the same file as saved before with 11kb and date 7March. I copied and now open ClassicNote and nothing appeared as what I was afraid of. Any way to recover my data???
    I'm sorry - but I don't understand completly what you have done or tried to do!?
    Could you make a list (1.,2.,3.,4....) of the steps you did?
    1. Copied all memos to eMail (by using Copy&Paste)
    2. Moving back (again Copy&Paste)
    3. Backing up the ClassicNote db-file(s)
    4. ???
    5. ???
    Those are two different methods. One is the backup of your ClassicNote database - the other is the migration of your existing PalmDesktop notes...

About your error 429 - please check this post
    You have to follow those steps to register the needed dlls. Only if that succeeded you can go on...
    Seppel,
    This worked! Pre's out-of-the-box inability to categorize my PD memos was my one big disappointment about the transition from my Treo to the Pre. That's now been solved, thanks to you.
    Thanks for your active monitoring of this forum and the immediate answers to my questions.

One thing that I should mention that occured in the PD to CN conversion:
    During import, I got a syntax error when one of my categories came up for upload. I noticed that the category was named "Gen'l Business". I assumed that it didn't like the apostrophe, so I went into PD, changed the category name and all other category names with an apostrophe, saved and attempted to upload again. This time, "Genl Business" uploaded w/out the syntax error. Interestingly, "Friends/Family" went through without the need to remove the forward slash.
    Thanks again for this great app. The best improvement to my Pre.
    Last edited by jptl; 03/13/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm sorry - but I don't understand completly what you have done or tried to do!?
    Could you make a list (1.,2.,3.,4....) of the steps you did?
    1. Copied all memos to eMail (by using Copy&Paste)
    2. Moving back (again Copy&Paste)
    3. Backing up the ClassicNote db-file(s)
    4. ???
    5. ???
    1. Connect Pre to PC, choosed for USB connection.
    2. On PC typed: D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0
    3. Appeared 2 files 000...000b and 000...0009. The most updated file with 11 kb (other only 6 kb) dated 7 March I copied to Desktop
    4. Than reset Pre to factory setting and delete all files.
    5. I download from WebosQuickinstall Classic Note
    6. I connect with USB to PC
    7. type: D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 AND already is appearing the same both files with 11kb and 6kb dated March 7 and other March 6. This of course is strange as that on Pre the Clkassic Note is complete empty.
    8. Anyway I copied the one from Desktop, disconnect Pre from PC and checked and indeed still empty.
    That's my story
    Seppel;

I see that ClassicNote is currently at 0.1.18, but when I go to update it tries to load the AppCatalog. I have no access to the AC as my WebOS is meta-doctored and operates without a cell carrier. I use it as a PDA and not as a phone while I'm testing replacements for my current Palm device. Is there a way to access the updates for ClassicNote apart from the AppCatalog?

Thanks

...and thanks for the recent changes, font size etc... Very Nice!!!
  12.    #312  
    1. Connect Pre to PC, choosed for USB connection.
    2. On PC typed: D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0
    3. Appeared 2 files 000...000b and 000...0009. The most updated file with 11 kb (other only 6 kb) dated 7 March I copied to Desktop
    4. Than reset Pre to factory setting and delete all files.
    5. I download from WebosQuickinstall Classic Note
    6. I connect with USB to PC
    7. type: D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0 AND already is appearing the same both files with 11kb and 6kb dated March 7 and other March 6. This of course is strange as that on Pre the Clkassic Note is complete empty.
    8. Anyway I copied the one from Desktop, disconnect Pre from PC and checked and indeed still empty.
    please check for the correct restore procedure Post 224
    Post 225

And again: If you don't get any further, send me your backuped database files and I'll check them. Be sure I'm not interested in your data.
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    I see that ClassicNote is currently at 0.1.18, but when I go to update it tries to load the AppCatalog. I have no access to the AC as my WebOS is meta-doctored and operates without a cell carrier. I use it as a PDA and not as a phone while I'm testing replacements for my current Palm device. Is there a way to access the updates for ClassicNote apart from the AppCatalog?
    hmm - when opening Preware they send you to the AppCatalog!? Either you remove the Palm-Web-Feed from Preware (then it should use its own) or you can find the current version always on the app homepage (and install it by WOSQI)
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by jptl View Post
    During import, I got a syntax error when one of my categories came up for upload. I noticed that the category was named "Gen'l Business". I assumed that it didn't like the apostrophe, so I went into PD, changed the category name and all other category names with an apostrophe, saved and attempted to upload again. This time, "Genl Business" uploaded w/out the syntax error. Interestingly, "Friends/Family" went through without the need to remove the forward slash.
    Thanks again for this great app. The best improvement to my Pre.
    yes - that's right." ' " are a problem in categories (I think I automagically remove them in the memos). I'll fix it in the next importer version...
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/14/2010 at 03:34 AM.
    hmm - when opening Preware they send you to the AppCatalog!? Either you remove the Palm-Web-Feed from Preware (then it should use its own) or you can find the current version always on the app homepage (and install it by WOSQI)
    Seppel,

Thanks, you were exactly right! I went in to Preware and turned off "Palm-Web" and the "Palm-Web-Updates" feeds, then went to the update for ClassicNote and it immediately loaded.

And Thanks for the latest bunch of updates, I had been wanting to ask for a font size choice but you beat me to it. In looking over my notes I also see I was going to ask for password protection and a sync option, both of which you have already implimented, so I'm pretty happy at this point.

Thanks Again!
    I successfully installed ClassicNotes on my Pre, but when I click the link (on Little-Stick webOS Productions - Powered by CO.CC) to download the PalmDesktop Importer (http://stoecklein.dyndns.org/Classic...port_0.1.7.zip) I get this message (using google chrome):
    This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://stoecklein.dyndns.org/Classic...port_0.1.7.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.
    The links to the Importers are broken. Are they somewhere else available?
    The links are here, but not working:

Little-Stick webOS Productions - Powered by CO.CC

Richard
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    please check for the correct restore procedure Post 224
    Post 225

And again: If you don't get any further, send me your backuped database files and I'll check them. Be sure I'm not interested in your data.
    Sorry for the confusion. With webos 1.4 not working I went back to previous webos and thought I have installed 1.3.5 but I have .1.3.1. Now I have founded the backup file. Thanks a lot. Now trhis softwareis really great.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    As I am using this software daily I like to make some suggestions for improvement:
    1. Search mode would be great if it goes directly to the word searched. Now it goes to the file and within the file it is marked in red but if file is large you still have to scroll to find that word.
    2. You have created different stamps (date, time, etc). Would be great if we can create ourselves shortcuts for frequent used words. As well would be great that cursor comes right after the date stamp. Now I still have to scroll down to date and than start typing.
    Since the look of the App is not going to change... Any chance of having landscape mode?