Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 520
Like Tree2Likes
  1. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    What installation "way" are you using? Preware, fileCoaster, Palm-Web?
    Have you tried to download the ipk-file and install it using the WebOS-QuickInstaller?

    Please report your status/progress...

    Cheers,
    Seppel
    I am using Preware 0.9.30 on 1.4. When using WOSQI, i get the attached error message
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I am using Preware 0.9.30 on 1.4. When using WOSQI, i get the attached error message
    hmm - that sounds like "could not find your pre" error to me!?

    Ok - so maybe you want to try the new Palm Web Link
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/12/2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: link fix ;)
  3. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    hmm - that sounds like "could not find your pre" error to me!?

    Ok - so maybe you want to try the new Palm Web Link
    Unfortunately, that link does not work for Switzerland........... (BTW, the link was erroneous, but I got it )

    NOW: interestingly, ever after the error described above, the application WAS INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY. After copying the db file from a backup and renaming it, everything is working just fine.

    Thanks
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I am using Preware 0.9.30 on 1.4. When using WOSQI, i get the attached error message
    I used to get that error using webosqi, but I never figured out why. Same as you, the app would actually install or remove successfully. An unrelated issue caused me to have to do a full erase, and after that the problem went away. Perhaps a chat with Jason or the webosinternals team on irc would lead to a resolution.
  5. #285  
    I'm unable to update to 0.1.18 through the app catalog, it shows downloading, then installing, but never updates.
  6. staedtler's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    The problem is: the Textfield, in which you view and edit your memos, uses HTML as "formatting language". And there are no tabs in HTML.
    I already thought about this issue earlier. The only way to rebuild the tab-functionality, would be to insert a real HTML-table. But that would be pretty complicated - and I'm not sure, its really needed...
    Yikes. I can't blame you, then. :-)

    Thanks!
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  7. #287  
    Good app so far been using it for about an hour and been comparing it side by side with some other notes/memos apps and this by far the best one with more features but I have some request on what could be better..

    More Color.. I'm so used to the Memos that when I come to this app my eyes just get sad. *

    When typing an note have the background be white instead of gray. You said it's a note app not an ebook reader.

    Also when typing a new note, the Memos app have the little New Memos... text show up then go away so we know where to type.*

    A little bug I noticed is if I create a new note and don't type anything and then I swipe back it still creates a blank note.*

    Is it possiblly to add text color? I know the email app can do it.*

    Again I only had this app for about an hour. And I'm a man who likes visual pleasing apps. I know alot of devs is more worried about function then visual but shouldn't they both be just as important. Maybe I'm just asking for to much.*Let me know.

    Oh I forgot how can I turn off the password(s)?
  8. #288  
    Sorry, a bit confused here....
    Your instructions say:
    - backup the *.db file in the following path:
    for webOS 1.3.5 and later
    x:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\
    (where x is the drive letter of your Pre media partition
    How do I generate a file from my Palm Desktop memos in .db format? When I select Export, my options are .mpa; .csv/.txt; .tab/ .txt; or just .txt.
    Should I be seeing an .app folder, should I be creating one, or should I rename the .db file?
    Last edited by jptl; 03/12/2010 at 01:57 PM.
  9. #289  
    Well, newest version says I can't install on my current OS... not quite ready for 1.4 yet, but... just wanted to stop in and say fantastic app
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Good app so far been using it for about an hour and been comparing it side by side with some other notes/memos apps and this by far the best one with more features but I have some request on what could be better..

    More Color.. I'm so used to the Memos that when I come to this app my eyes just get sad. *

    When typing an note have the background be white instead of gray. You said it's a note app not an ebook reader.

    Also when typing a new note, the Memos app have the little New Memos... text show up then go away so we know where to type.*

    A little bug I noticed is if I create a new note and don't type anything and then I swipe back it still creates a blank note.*

    Is it possiblly to add text color? I know the email app can do it.*

    Again I only had this app for about an hour. And I'm a man who likes visual pleasing apps. I know alot of devs is more worried about function then visual but shouldn't they both be just as important. Maybe I'm just asking for to much.*Let me know.

    Oh I forgot how can I turn off the password(s)?
    About the style: I'm sorry, but it's thought as the classic and clean version - if you want more color, you have to use the original memo app

    About the font color: yes, that's possible. I'll think about it and put it on my todo...

    About the password: what exactly do you want to turn off? Don't use the private and encryption functionality and you won't have to enter a password...

    Cheers,
    Seppel
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by jptl View Post
    How do I generate a file from my Palm Desktop memos in .db format? When I select Export, my options are .mpa; .csv/.txt; .tab/ .txt; or just .txt.
    Should I be seeing an .app folder, should I be creating one, or should I rename the .db file?
    Have a look at the homepage - and load either the PD Importer or the CSV Importer...
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Well, newest version says I can't install on my current OS... not quite ready for 1.4 yet, but... just wanted to stop in and say fantastic app
    when using the homwbrew version you shouldn't have any problems with an older webOS version!?
  13. #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    The problem is, using the official SDK I'm not able to write a file
    I already asked the author of the filemgr-Service if I could use his API - but didn't get any response yet...

    Do you need an CSV-export on your Pre or would a PC/Windows-solution be ok as well?
    The later wouldn't be a big problem...

    Cheers,
    Seppel
    Thank you for your reply,
    PC/Windows solution would be great.
    Just as long I have a way to back up the unencrypted version of my ClassicNote data from Pre to PC/Windows.
    This way if Pre ever goes away I have the unencrypted data to port to another platform.
    x
  14. #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Have a look at the homepage - and load either the PD Importer or the CSV Importer...
    I tried those and get errors:
    When attempting to run the Classicnote import app. I get:
    Run-time error '429'
    When attempting to run the csv importer, I get "csv has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" (Vista)
    Maybe I'm not understanding all of the steps.
    Are "Importer Install Instructions" and "Manual Backup Instructions" two separate methods of completing this install, or are they 2 steps - i.e. both need to be done?
    Last edited by jptl; 03/12/2010 at 03:02 PM.
  15. chaspalm's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm unable to update to 0.1.18 through the app catalog, it shows downloading, then installing, but never updates.
    That was my experience also, but yesterday.

    Must have been fixed today FRI, since it installed ok this PM

    Chas Palm
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by jptl View Post
    I tried those and get errors:
    When attempting to run the Classicnote import app. I get:
    Run-time error '429'
    When attempting to run the csv importer, I get "csv has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" (Vista)
    Maybe I'm not understanding all of the steps.
    Are "Importer Install Instructions" and "Manual Backup Instructions" two separate methods of completing this install, or are they 2 steps - i.e. both need to be done?
    Those are two different methods. One is the backup of your ClassicNote database - the other is the migration of your existing PalmDesktop notes...

    About your error 429 - please check this post
    You have to follow those steps to register the needed dlls. Only if that succeeded you can go on...
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Thank you for your reply,
    PC/Windows solution would be great.
    Just as long I have a way to back up the unencrypted version of my ClassicNote data from Pre to PC/Windows.
    This way if Pre ever goes away I have the unencrypted data to port to another platform.
    Do you already use the encryption function? I'll see what I can do about it
  18. mjrei's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #298  
    Seppel,

    Thanks for the great app! I've put it on my Pre and the webOS devices of my wife and boss. So much better than Palm's notepad app.

    It seems that the new update will not let me format the text. I can change font size, but I am unable to bold, italic, underline since the new update.

    All notes previous to the update have maintained their formatting but new notes will not allow it.

    I don't know if this is a known bug. If this has been stated before in the forum and answered I apologize for not seeing it. Anyway do you have any comments?

    Thanks,

    Mark J.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrei View Post
    It seems that the new update will not let me format the text. I can change font size, but I am unable to bold, italic, underline since the new update.
    ohh - I just realized, that I've accidently disabled the menu entries. But it should work using the gesture-shortcuts?

    Will be fixed in the next version...
  20. pansovic's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Have a look at the homepage - and load either the PD Importer or the CSV Importer...
    Really great program and now with search marking the word is just wonderful. I need to make backup. The Pre Media drive I suppose that is the one that is added to my PC when I connect the Pre in USB mode (in my case it is D). So when I type D:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\, I get to see 2 files: 000...0b and 000...09 but the 0b has a date of March7 and 09 date of March 6. When I now copy these files to my C drive (I assume that is the idea for backup, right?) do I have than the latest changes when today we are March 13?

Posting Permissions