Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I just let it default both dates to 0 since AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Palm$ $MemoDB$.$pdb$ $doesn$'$t$ $keep$ $track$ $of$ $the$ $time$ $a$ $record$ $was$ $created$ $or$ $the$ $time$ $it$ $was$ $last$ $modified$.

I could set the date to "now" but that doesn't seem any more useful than the way it is.
    I don't know how to ssh/terminal and can't understand the vacuum. I will try to modify my memo database maybe it's a corrupt db.
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    I don't know how to ssh/terminal and can't understand the vacuum. I will try to modify my memo database maybe it's a corrupt db.
    1. Download SQL Datbase Browser
    2. Start the database browser & open ClassicNote db-file
    3. Select File->Compact database

or
    1. Install Terminal or Terminus using Preware
    2. Open the app on your Pre
    3. type the following commands:
    4. sqlite3 /media/internal/.app-storage/...path to your db-file...
    5. VACUUM;
    6. .quit
    7. Quit the terminal app.

If you want, you can send me your db-file and I'll do the steps for you.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    dumb but true -
    Which file is the old memo file in a backup directory?

Where is the "media partition" in the Pre?

I moved MemoPad.mdb to root of USB'd Pre, and to "PalmOS" where the Preader (seems) to see readme file. No luck recognizing my files. I no longer use Palm Desktop, as on Win7 64bit. Importer didn't work, exited with failure messages.

thanks to anyone who can help
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    dumb but true -
    Which file is the old memo file in a backup directory?

Where is the "media partition" in the Pre?

I moved MemoPad.mdb to root of USB'd Pre, and to "PalmOS" where the Preader (seems) to see readme file. No luck recognizing my files. I no longer use Palm Desktop, as on Win7 64bit. Importer didn't work, exited with failure messages.

thanks to anyone who can help
    It doesn't work that way.
    Either you use the Importer (together with Windows + PD) or you have a look at the Perl scripts Andrew posted a few hours before (therefore you have to use a PalmOS pdb-database file).

But there is no way (I know of) to directly import the mdb file on your pre.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/10/2010 at 03:27 AM.
    what is the append text file feature? does it mean i can directly load a text file into classicnote? also does this support importing unicode (chinese) characters somehow? palm desktop doesn't support this. THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    1. Download SQL Datbase Browser
    2. Start the database browser & open ClassicNote db-file
    3. Select File->Compact database

or
    1. Install Terminal or Terminus using Preware
    2. Open the app on your Pre
    3. type the following commands:
    4. sqlite3 /media/internal/.app-storage/...path to your db-file...
    5. VACUUM;
    6. .quit
    7. Quit the terminal app.

If you want, you can send me your db-file and I'll do the steps for you.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    used the sql database browser and did compact files... just about the same speed let me sync my memos again...
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3nman View Post
    what is the append text file feature? does it mean i can directly load a text file into classicnote? also does this support importing unicode (chinese) characters somehow? palm desktop doesn't support this. THANKS!
    yes - that's what it means Just place a *.txt-file into the root directory of your media partition and open it using the new function...
    About the unicode characters: don't know - but feel free to test & report

Cheers,
    Seppel
    yes - that's what it means Just place a *.txt-file into the root directory of your media partition and open it using the new function...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    GOT IT!!! and the characters WORK!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Seppel
    OK, I feel like a dummy -- which is the root directory of the media partition?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    used the sql database browser and did compact files... just about the same speed let me sync my memos again...
    hmm - bad to hear Really dont know what else to advise... When your system (or ClassicNote only) is getting slower and slower it seems like something is getting chunky...
    Please report if you get any progress (positive or negative)

Cheers,
    Seppel
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    which is the root directory of the media partition?
    The root partition of your Pre when you connect it as USB drive.
    Or /media/internal/ when using ssh or Termina(l/us)...
    actually it listed all the txt files on my media partition. not just those in root. also line breaks didn't come out at all. i'll try different line break options and report.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3nman View Post
    actually it listed all the txt files on my media partition. not just those in root. also line breaks didn't come out at all. i'll try different line break options and report.
    hmm - ok. Didn't know that

About the linebreaks: you're right. You have to replace them by <br>. I'll add that into the next version...
    The application is getting really robust, great job.
    I still waiting for CSV out for the date to commit to this application.
    I don't want to get stuck with hundreds of memos and no way to access them on another platform (should this one not be supported).
    Any projections on when/if that is planned?
    Thanks
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    I still waiting for CSV out for the date to commit to this application.
    I don't want to get stuck with hundreds of memos and no way to access them on another platform (should this one not be supported).
    Any projections on when/if that is planned?
    The problem is, using the official SDK I'm not able to write a file
    I already asked the author of the filemgr-Service if I could use his API - but didn't get any response yet...

Do you need an CSV-export on your Pre or would a PC/Windows-solution be ok as well?
    The later wouldn't be a big problem...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Is there a way to insert a tab character within a note? There is obviously no "Tab" key on existing webOS devices, but a gesture-shortcut (gesture-I?) would work well, if you haven't already implemented such a feature.

(I did a search on this thread for "tab" and got no results, but apologies if this has been asked and answered in an earlier post.)
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    Is there a way to insert a tab character within a note? There is obviously no "Tab" key on existing webOS devices, but a gesture-shortcut (gesture-I?) would work well, if you haven't already implemented such a feature.

(I did a search on this thread for "tab" and got no results, but apologies if this has been asked and answered in an earlier post.)
    no - there's no tab functionality yet. And no, this question didn't come up yet

The problem is: the Textfield, in which you view and edit your memos, uses HTML as "formatting language". And there are no tabs in HTML.
    I already thought about this issue earlier. The only way to rebuild the tab-functionality, would be to insert a real HTML-table. But that would be pretty complicated - and I'm not sure, its really needed...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Dear Seppel, the latest update did not finish installation. It says downloading.... / installing.... / installed, but the installing...... message did not go away. I removed it and tried a fresh install, but same effect.
    I tried to remove the "....classicnote..." directory from the hidden USB .app-storage directory, but that also resulted in the same issue.
    Any suggestion?
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Dear Seppel, the latest update did not finish installation. It says downloading.... / installing.... / installed, but the installing...... message did not go away. I removed it and tried a fresh install, but same effect.
    I tried to remove the "....classicnote..." directory from the hidden USB .app-storage directory, but that also resulted in the same issue.
    Any suggestion?
    What installation "way" are you using? Preware, fileCoaster, Palm-Web?
    Have you tried to download the ipk-file and install it using the WebOS-QuickInstaller?

Please report your status/progress...

Cheers,
    Seppel