Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    A possible bug report to you is that the version of ClassicNote I am using v0.1.15 under WebOS 1.4.0 is that the keyboard shortcuts for text formatting do not appear to be working. I can format the text from the menu, but I hate to pull down menus if I can avoid it.
    yeah - I can reproduce this. Seems like palm finally added a few default shortcuts - and when you press Gesture-B both routines (my selfwritten and the newly in webOS implemented) start almost at the same time...

I'll check that out...

About your Contact insertion idea: I didn't knew this feature on Garnet. I just had a look at the SDK documentation and it seems to do this, I would have to get a list of all contacts and do the search internaly by my own. That sounds like pretty much effort for such a small function. I would recommend: use the multitasking - keep ClassicNote open and switch to the contact app, do your search and paste the needed info...

Cheers,
    Seppel

PS: had no problem opening the homepage either...
    But I copied the backup manual into the first post of this thread...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I've checked Palm's changelog, as well as the new features thread here. I can't find anything about these new gestures (such as Gesture +B).

@seppel et al, know of a list anywhere?

TIA,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I've checked Palm's changelog, as well as the new features thread here. I can't find anything about these new gestures (such as Gesture +B)
    I don'T have a list either - it was only a guess...
    Hi Seppel,

great app and the sync function is quite good.

One stupid question: How can I delete memos on my Pre? When I sync with Plam desktop I will have just the new memo from Palm desk and the old ones on my Pre. How to delete the old ones?

Regards
    Darkfart
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfart View Post
    One stupid question: How can I delete memos on my Pre? When I sync with Plam desktop I will have just the new memo from Palm desk and the old ones on my Pre. How to delete the old ones?
    When in the memo list: just swipe them away - like in every webOS app...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Did a little experiment (very little ) -

Went into the Tasks app, and highlighted the text for the task name. Gesture +B bolded it (it didn't "survive", but that doesn't matter). So I guess they've made that part of the rich-text object...

Ciao4Now,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    Hey all,

this is the thread to my little app ClassicNote.

Are you missing that simple but mostly adequate Notes/Memos app from good-old PalmOS 1.x-5.x?
    Than ClassicNote is for you!
    Do you have some memos on your PalmDesktop, Tungsten, Treo or Centro you would like to keep their category and fast accessabilty?
    Than the ClassicNote Importer is for you!

Current Version: 0.1.15
    Where to find: Precentral, Preware, filecoaster...
    Homepage: Little-Stick webOS Productions

If you like the app - feel free to

Please be aware: the App is almost out of beta-testing. But there still could hide some bugs or errors. I'm not responsible for any data losses or harm to your pre this app could do. Install on your own risk...

PS: the GUI is in english - only my demo-notes are german :P

Manual Backup Instructions:
    • make sure ClassicNote is closed now
    • connect your Pre in USB-drive mode
    • backup the *.db file in the following path:
      for webOS 1.3.1
      x:\.app-storage\file_.var.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\
      for webOS 1.3.5 and later
      x:\.app-storage\file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.littlestick.classicnote_0\
      (where x is the drive letter of your Pre media partition)
    I need to reinstall from zero my Palm so need to backup Classicnotes. I done what is written above but from there how do I install it again on my Pre?
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by pansovic View Post
    I need to reinstall from zero my Palm so need to backup Classicnotes. I done what is written above but from there how do I install it again on my Pre?
    please check those two posts for restoring the database:
    Post 224
    Post 225
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Question to Developer. Can you add you app in App Catalog...
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    Question to Developer. Can you add you app in App Catalog...
    If you pay me the 50€ that it costs to publish an app in the AppCatalog - I will
    BUT: I will publish it using the palm Web/Beta program soon - stay tuned...
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/08/2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Seppel, i continue to have increasing load times for my memos to appear (upon launch of the app).. Sometimes i have to sit there for over a minute for them to come up. It really wasnt like this on your first versions. Also when i back out a memo and try to look for another one, it goes and does the long load time again. Could you help me? Maybe i am doing something wrong. i rely on my memos a lot for my practice and the lag betwee
    Quote Originally Posted by Miek View Post
    First of all, this is by far the greatest app ive used on the pre. Its extremely useful, efficient and does everything it should (except backup/mirror to PC but nobody's perfect

I just have a quite annoying problem... I forgot my password for the private section. Thing is that I have many useful memos locked in there and I really need to get em back, what can I do about it? Is the password memorized in the .db or in the application data? If its in the app data I can probably reinstall it and copy the db to start anew but otherwise i really dont know what to do.

Please help me I really need to solve this
    Could someone please take a look at my question? It's really important for me to recover my private data (not a stolen phone or anything like that).
    Could someone please take a look at my question? It's really important for me to recover my private data (not a stolen phone or anything like that).
    In response to your question;

If there were a post on how to by-pass a password protected database (such as your, mine, and everyone elses, personal notes in ClassicNote) then everyone who uses and relies upon a security method based on a password would have all their data exposed to anyone who wanted to by-pass their security measure.

So now, thinking about this a little, do you still want - expect - an answer to your question?

Please continue to post in this forum, but please think things through a little before you do.
  14.    #254  
    Do you read your PM? I answered you 6 days ago!?
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/09/2010 at 02:03 PM.
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Seppel, i continue to have increasing load times for my memos to appear (upon launch of the app).. Sometimes i have to sit there for over a minute for them to come up. It really wasnt like this on your first versions. Also when i back out a memo and try to look for another one, it goes and does the long load time again. Could you help me? Maybe i am doing something wrong. i rely on my memos a lot for my practice and the lag betwee
    I just don't know how to help you... I have about 500 memos and dont experience such problems.

Just an idea: maybe you have to compact the database. Go one of those ways:
    - load SQLite Database Browser, open the database-file and select "Compact Database" from the File Menu.
    - Terminal or ssh your Pre, load the database into sqlite3 and start the statement VACUUM;

Please report if that helps. If yes - I could implement that as menu option into ClassicNote.
    EDIT: using the SDK its not possible to compact the database. So you have to go the way I described above...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/09/2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: see text...
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre da Vinci View Post
    If there were a post on how to by-pass a password protected database (such as your, mine, and everyone elses, personal notes in ClassicNote) then everyone who uses and relies upon a security method based on a password would have all their data exposed to anyone who wanted to by-pass their security measure.
    The private messages are not that strongly secured. They're only not shown - but are not encrypted. If you open the database directly with another tool you can read them...

If you need a stronger security -> use the encryption feature!

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Last edited by Seppel; 03/09/2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typos...
    I don't use Windows, so I needed another way to import my notes.

This seems to work.

Requires DBD::SQLite and Palm::Memo perl modules.

palm/MemoDB2ClassicNote/
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by afresh1 View Post
    I don't use Windows, so I needed another way to import my notes.

This seems to work.

Requires DBD::SQLite and Palm::Memo perl modules.

palm/MemoDB2ClassicNote/
    hey cool work If you have any questions regarding the db-format or if I can help you in any other way - let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    hey cool work If you have any questions regarding the db-format or if I can help you in any other way - let me know
    It seemed straight forward. Just replace newlines with <br> and I just strip any non-ASCII characters (because the one that was in my Memo wasn't important).

Anything specific I should watch out for?
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by afresh1 View Post
    It seemed straight forward. Just replace newlines with <br> and I just strip any non-ASCII characters (because the one that was in my Memo wasn't important).

Anything specific I should watch out for?
    don't think so.
    Only thing (maybe): time format = milliseconds since 01.01.1970.
    Everything else should be self explaning...

Cheers,
    Seppel

PS: new version just released