Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    So I can't do a search across all memo categories?
    for most users search across categories works. I only suggested, that if you have a lot of memos (more than 500), limit the search to one category for saving ram... Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Feature request: as a picture speaks a thousand words, perhaps add picture linking capability, using a thumbnail in the note itself?
    its on the Todo-list already - but don't expect it to soon...

Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    Feature request: A way to search within a note itself, highlighting the matches.
    I'll prepare a new version around the next days. New features: search within a memo, appending a text file.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Balancing style and productivity can be a challenge. The webOS memo has the visual splash that webOS is all about. ClassicNote has the edge when it comes to productivity. I would love to see a little more color. Perhaps a category coded colored dot by the title of each note on the main list - or a background color for each item in the list - a quick visual key to categories. I'd also like the option of turning off the second line in the main list that shows the category - would allow more notes on the screen and with color coded categories there would still be a category reference. Lastly - and I know you have mentioned this before - a larger font option for the notes list - my eyes just keep getting older.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Perhaps a category coded colored dot by the title of each note on the main list - or a background color for each item in the list - a quick visual key to categories.
    ??? Open the category list, tap the "i" behind a category, select 1 out of 5 (or 4) colors for this category and you'll get the colored background solution you described

About the main list options: I'll put it on the Todo & check how much effort it would need...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    seppel, your app is getting real slow in looking for memos. Any fixes soon? I have 900+ memos. Your first versions worked much faster for me. Version 0.1.15
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    ??? Open the category list, tap the "i" behind a category, select 1 out of 5 (or 4) colors for this category and you'll get the colored background solution you described
    Wow! Didn't see that. That makes a world of difference. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Just a thought: with all the fancy new processors why is there a huge load and processing time on the apps, when compared to Centro which is instantaneous.
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    seppel, your app is getting real slow in looking for memos. Any fixes soon? I have 900+ memos. Your first versions worked much faster for me. Version 0.1.15
    Do you mean full text searching through all your memos? I've changed the search routine a few versions before for the encryption feature. Maybe the performance loss is caused by that. I check, if I can implement both versions and select the new (and slower one) only if encrypted notes are shown...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    i meant just to search for the title of the memo and view it.... as in just start typing when i open your app... not the full text search.

Some memos too take a while to load. thanks for your replies!
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    i meant just to search for the title of the memo and view it.... as in just start typing when i open your app... not the full text search.

Some memos too take a while to load. thanks for your replies!
    that's strange. I didn't touch that code since its first implementation... Did you increase your memo count since those "good/faster old days"?

Is there anything different with those slow loading memos? Are they simply larger than the others? Do you have "Show Links" enabled?

Cheers,
    Seppel
    does this work on a pixi? i searched for pixi on this thread and got nothing.
    Is there a csv export function planned?
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    it works on the emulator - and I dont see a reason why it shouldn't work on the real device. I can't test that though But feel free to test and report...

Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Is there a csv export function planned?
    no - not yet.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes.
    COOL! looking forward to syncing my notes too!
    Is it possible for you to make each category expand/collapse, as Fliq notes does?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Not having a way to get the data to csv format from your app is a deal breaker for me.
    I don't mind if it comes later, as long as it comes.
    Having been totally screwed by Palm by not transferring Memo categories (matters for my thousand memos) I am very reluctant to commit to an app that I can't get my data out of later.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is it possible for you to make each category expand/collapse, as Fliq notes does?
    I had that implemented afew versions before - but it performed so slowly with a huge number of memos that I disabled it...

I'll see what I can do about the csv-export...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    Thank you for the csv export function. It would be a great way to backup and ensure that the data can be migrated eventually if needed be (I used notes since 1999).
    I had that implemented afew versions before - but it performed so slowly with a huge number of memos that I disabled it...
    Maybe make it an option in preferences to enable it?
    jim
    what's the load time on those of you with greater than 500 memos?