Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Can this app import memos from the req. memos app on my phone to classicnote? without having to connect to computer? I dont even know what palm desktop is
    --Marvin
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can this app import memos from the req. memos app on my phone to classicnote? without having to connect to computer? I dont even know what palm desktop is
    I'm sorry - no. There is (until now) no way to access the original webOS memo app. I filed a request to palm about 2 month ago...

Palm Desktop was the windows application to all palm devices for about 10 years. It's a little bit like a lightweight Outlook - but without the email functionality....
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppel View Post
    The problem is using the current SDK its not so easy to place the cursor within this kind of textfield...
    But I like the idea - and will have a closer look if I can implement it.

I'm planning a stand-alone desktop program incl. two-way sync. Using PalmDesktop would bring too much restrictions in formatting the text...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I understand the limits imposed by the SDK, _very well_... and a desktop program sounds great (If it's written for Windows, I'll be glad to test it on Linux, under WINE ). Thanks!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Love the app...

Is there any way to import a .txt file saved on your Pre directly into a note?

Any chance that could be added if not?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Love the app...

Is there any way to import a .txt file saved on your Pre directly into a note?

Any chance that could be added if not?
    What you can easily do (an easy work-around) is open the text-file on your desktop, copy and paste it into a "draft" on gmail but don't send it anywhere. Open your email client on the Pre, go to the "drafts" folder, copy and paste from there, and paste into classicnote (multi-tasking on the Pre helps this process out enormously).
    I'm planning a stand-alone desktop program incl. two-way sync. Using PalmDesktop would bring too much restrictions in formatting the text...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    That would be excellent!

Finally, a promising way to backup memos on the Pre...still surprised Palm abandoned this simple and useful functionality for things that are useless like SprintTV and "cloud" backup.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @Seppel - would it be possible to have an option/feature/preference (your pick) to insert the date (or timestamp, or GPS coordinates) at the cursor, instead of at the end of the document?

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    What you can easily do (an easy work-around) is open the text-file on your desktop, copy and paste it into a "draft" on gmail but don't send it anywhere. Open your email client on the Pre, go to the "drafts" folder, copy and paste from there, and paste into classicnote (multi-tasking on the Pre helps this process out enormously).
    The problem comes if you either don't have access to your computer, or (more commonly for me), have the computer but no internet access.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @Seppel - would it be possible to have an option/feature/preference (your pick) to insert the date (or timestamp, or GPS coordinates) at the cursor, instead of at the end of the document?
    I'm sorry - no. With the current SDK you don't have any control over the cursor in a RichTextEdit-Field

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to import a .txt file saved on your Pre directly into a note??
    It's not possible atm - but I'll have a look into it.

Cheers,
    Seppel
    HI, I have a little problem ... i use palm desktop running on apple mac... how can i do?... i live in Italy and here we are not so much to use pre... because Palm do not sell out yet palm pre here
    Hi i'm new in this forum... i have tried to download the classic note from this url

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...0.1.15_all.ipk

by my pre using the browser standard...

but the pre said: unauthorized call to open an ipk...

what do you think about. It depends on that i'm in Italy?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm sorry - no. With the current SDK you don't have any control over the cursor in a RichTextEdit-Field
    Oh, well.. Thanks anyway!

SDK still LSDK (L = Lame)

Cheers,

-JerryG
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by YANEZINO View Post
    HI, I have a little problem ... i use palm desktop running on apple mac... how can i do?... i live in Italy and here we are not so much to use pre... because Palm do not sell out yet palm pre here
    the best way to import your old memos would be:
    - export them out of your PalmDesktop into a csv-file
    - wait a little bit until the ClassicNote CSV-Importer is out of its beta status and use Parallels or VirtualPC running Windows to import them into your Pre...

Quote Originally Posted by YANEZINO View Post
    Hi i'm new in this forum... i have tried to download the classic note from this url

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...0.1.15_all.ipk

by my pre using the browser standard...

but the pre said: unauthorized call to open an ipk...
    I don't think you can install an ipk directly using the browser (please correct me if I'm wrong). The easiest way would be to install PreWare or fileCoaster and install it (besides 100 hundreds of other great applications) usings these homebrew-app catalogues...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    seppel...

the load time of my memos have been slow recently. I have 900+ memos and on the latest version.

Also I could not get the full text search to work. When I do a search, it just puts the no/red sign over the search icon. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.
    the best way to import your old memos would be:
    - export them out of your PalmDesktop into a csv-file
    - wait a little bit until the ClassicNote CSV-Importer is out of its beta status and use Parallels or VirtualPC running Windows to import them into your Pre...

I don't think you can install an ipk directly using the browser (please correct me if I'm wrong). The easiest way would be to install PreWare or fileCoaster and install it (besides 100 hundreds of other great applications) usings these homebrew-app catalogues...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    thank you very much seppel ... you are right ... i will use windows anyway... i do not want to lose my 1389 memos, and i will install preware etc. ... but i'm so sad for all this difficult to go on using my data of the old palm os... i'm thinking that it would be so easy like using my TREO! no problem...
    Thanks a lot
    Ciao
    Yanezino
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    the load time of my memos have been slow recently. I have 900+ memos and on the latest version.
    I'm currently checking how to optimize ClassicNote when used with a huge number of memos... What exactly do you mean by "load time of my memos"? Do you mean the time to open ClassicNote itself, to load the memo list or to open one memo?

Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    Also I could not get the full text search to work. When I do a search, it just puts the no/red sign over the search icon. Am I missing anything?.
    hmm. You can't do much wrong here Only thing to know: full text search only searches the memos of the selected category. Do you get an empty list or is there no change at all?

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I'm currently checking how to optimize ClassicNote when used with a huge number of memos... What exactly do you mean by "load time of my memos"? Do you mean the time to open ClassicNote itself, to load the memo list or to open one memo?

hmm. You can't do much wrong here Only thing to know: full text search only searches the memos of the selected category. Do you get an empty list or is there no change at all?

Cheers,
    Seppel
    load time pertains to the time to load the memo list. I do sometimes get a blank screen for a while before the contents of one memo show up.

on the search question, i see no change at all... i will try searching within a category if that helps.

thanks man.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Feature request: A way to search within a note itself, highlighting the matches.

And many thanks for this great app!
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Feature request: as a picture speaks a thousand words, perhaps add picture linking capability, using a thumbnail in the note itself?
    So I can't do a search across all memo categories?