Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 192
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #161  
    For the people on webOS 2.0: I don't believe this app has been updated to work with it yet.

    I am on webOS 1.4.5, and it works well for me, except for the automatic reset of the counters. I have had to do it manually. Does the app need to be opened on the reset day for the automation to work? (That would seem to defeat the purpose)
  2. #162  
    It's working for me but automatic reset. I have to manually reset each month.
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    For the people on webOS 2.0: I don't believe this app has been updated to work with it yet.

    I am on webOS 1.4.5, and it works well for me, except for the automatic reset of the counters. I have had to do it manually. Does the app need to be opened on the reset day for the automation to work? (That would seem to defeat the purpose)
    Automatic reset works fine on my Pre Plus and my Pre 2. It just doesn't log 3G usage on my Pre 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    It's working for me but automatic reset. I have to manually reset each month.
    And what webOS phone do you have it would be helpful to know.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Manual Reset Couters: "Error Forced reset counters. It will take a few minutes for the daemon to reset. Be patient." Nothing happens.
    Was this ever fixed? Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. Why does it take a long time to reset the counters?
  5. #165  
    The app just updated to where it will monitor cellular data on webos 2.x.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  6. #166  
    Great news ! Just updated, works fine now
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Automatic reset works fine on my Pre Plus and my Pre 2. It just doesn't log 3G usage on my Pre 2.
    I fixed this in 1.1.2

    Has anyone seen the author of this app lately? He seems to be MIA, so I pushed this fix myself.

    -- Rod
  8. #168  
    Thanx a lot I'm paranoid when it comes to that 5gig max o.O
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I fixed this in 1.1.2

    Has anyone seen the author of this app lately? He seems to be MIA, so I pushed this fix myself.

    -- Rod
    You're a godsend. Thank you Rod!

    Quote Originally Posted by gothicabra View Post
    Thanx a lot I'm paranoid when it comes to that 5gig max o.O
    You have a 5GB max data plan? With which carrier?


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  10. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #170  
    Folks -- I'm new to this thread (and this app), so, apologies if I'm re-hashing an old/known issue.

    I just installed NetStat 1.1.2 via PreWare this morning on my AT&T Pre+ (1.4.5) and am seeing odd/incomplete behaviour.

    Specifically:
    -NetStat starts showing 6.47 MB use on WiFi & 0 Bytes for both Data & Bluetooth.
    -Clicking on WiFi or any of the others loads a blank screen. Back swipe functions ok to exit
    -Preferences screen shows a blank pop-up (ie: a number selector, but, no visible numbers) for # of days prior to reset.
    -This behaviour happened immediately after install AND after a system reboot.

    Further details / screen caps can be provided if it will be helpful.

    Thanks.


    Edit: I unlocked my screen to now see "Warning: netstatd is not running!" -- presumably the root of my issues. It also seems that Netstat 'hangs' WebOS -- I tried to run JSTop to see running services, but, nothing showed (until I first closed Netstat).

    Monitoring via Lumberjack, seems that NetStat gets stuck at this point:

    -(Netstat) Warning: Indicated new content, but not active
    -(Netstat) Info: Transition Ended
    -(Netstat) Error: Main/Fetch/PrefValue() Database opened OK
    -(Netstat) Info: ShowStats() called
    -(Netstat) Error: Main/Fetch/PrefValue() Database opened OK
    ...... (last two repeated every 60 seconds)
    Last edited by cmahy; 04/04/2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Additionl information
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  11. #171  
    Hi cmahy:

    item 1: suggests you are connected via wifi, and it is counting data correctly.
    item 2: this is correct - after a month it will put you usage history here.
    item 3: tap on the blank box, and pick the day you want the stats to reset.

    and about your edit: close the program and reopen it - it sometimes say that if you leave it open, and it bridges the period where it updates the stats.
  12. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by JSladen View Post
    Hi cmahy:

    item 1: suggests you are connected via wifi, and it is counting data correctly.
    item 2: this is correct - after a month it will put you usage history here.
    item 3: tap on the blank box, and pick the day you want the stats to reset.

    and about your edit: close the program and reopen it - it sometimes say that if you leave it open, and it bridges the period where it updates the stats.
    Thanks -- re: item #3 -- I am not able to pick a date. Please see the attached image after clicking in the date selection object.

    FYI, once I open NetStat -- all other apps on WebOS seem to be 'blocked'. For example, I hit Alt-Sym-P to take a screen capture (the one noted above) and then I went to universal search & typed 'photos' --> no results (not normal). I then opened the app launcher to open Photos manually: it loaded with NetStat in the app header (top-left) and failed to show any of my data (trust me, there's lots). As soon as I closed Netstat, all of the above functions ran fine. Screen cap added for this one too.

    I appreciate the help.

    P.S. I am running UberKernel 500/800 + a bunch of other patches, FYI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Has anyone seen the author of this app lately? He seems to be MIA
    MIA? What's this?

    I'm still alive, but I don't support any stuff on webos 2.0 or above. Because I am the owner of an old pre and HP decided not to provide webos higher than 1.4.5 for old pre's. So I can't develop or test under 2.0 or above (emu doesn't help, I need a real device to test). Therefore I am not doing anything for webos anymore. Compliants or Thanks for this goes to the morons at HP.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    MIA? What's this?

    I'm still alive, but I don't support any stuff on webos 2.0 or above. Because I am the owner of an old pre and HP decided not to provide webos higher than 1.4.5 for old pre's. So I can't develop or test under 2.0 or above (emu doesn't help, I need a real device to test). Therefore I am not doing anything for webos anymore. Compliants or Thanks for this goes to the morons at HP.
    MIA=Missing in action.
    You can get a free pre 2 developer device from palm.
    Thanks for your app.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    I'm still alive, but I don't support any stuff on webos 2.0 or above. Because I am the owner of an old pre and HP decided not to provide webos higher than 1.4.5 for old pre's. So I can't develop or test under 2.0 or above (emu doesn't help, I need a real device to test). Therefore I am not doing anything for webos anymore.
    Are you happy for others to continue development of this app?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #176  
    Rod we cannot thank you enough for making it work for 2.x. This app is indespensable to those on AT&T with tiered data. Thankfully I am grandfathered in with unlimited.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you happy for others to continue development of this app?

    -- Rod
    This is the point.

    We NEED this App!
  18. #178  
    Sorry if this has been reported already but it doesn't seem this app works at all with the veer over HSPA+ data. I haven't checked it yet over wifi but will report back once I get a chance to check that.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  19. #179  
    We'll need to know the output of ifconfig on the Veer.

    -- Rod
  20. #180  
    would I get the right info if I ran it over the sdk terminal while connected or would I have to run it on an on device terminal?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions