Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Great app! Was just wondering if the counter will be reset automatically at the beginning of each month?
    This app is really useful - Keeps me from going to sprint's site to check my monthly data usage.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    My counters don't seem to be resetting on the first of every month... help?
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    bump
    +1, so I had to do it manually ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I have the same problem...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I tried a manual reset, it didn't work. I even deleted both the app and daemon, then reinstalled, my old numbers were still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Manual Reset Couters: "Error Forced reset counters. It will take a few minutes for the daemon to reset. Be patient." Nothing happens.
    So just to confirm, this will always run, regardless of whether or not the app is open?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So just to confirm, this will always run, regardless of whether or not the app is open?
    Yes, it does. (There's a linux daemon and an app for the user interface. The daemon always runs - even if the app's often saying it does not. It straights itself out after a while, for me at least)
    Thanks for this app, I really like it. I am using my phone for work now and get a fair amount of data transmitted back and forth, so it's nice just to see what I'm going through. I noticed you said something along the lines of a future update that would record the history. That would be awesome, case in point: my billing date is the 15th of the month and stupid me forgot to look on the 14th, so I missed out on seeing what I went through for the month. Would it be possible to have an auto email send the info to a predetermined email address so that if you do miss it (by a day) you can still see the info? Other than that, it is interesting the difference that my carrier, Bell, and your app says I go through. Your app says I go through quite a bit higher, but I am still under my ceiling of 1G so all is well. Thanks again.
    sledge007: try tapping the icon/number for the network interface you want to view the history of, it should bring it up.
    cool, exactly what I was after thanks.
    Hi,

my Netstat 1.1.0 (on a Pre Plus 1.4.5) is counting the traffic fine on the first page, but there are issues when it comes to the details and in the preferences:

1) when I tap a 'traffic per interface' number, a new page comes up, but this is simply empty (dark gray header and light gray below).

2) when I open the preferences, both the 'day when to reset' and the 'traffic limit' show empty numbers. when I tap these input boxes, and empty list comes up. I cannot select any numbers. when I tap somewhere else, the field gets filled with 'NaN'.

I already tried to reboot, remove Netstat and reinstall, removed the /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.org.daemon.de.netstat_0 directory completely (which reset my traffic data). No change...

having a look into /var/log/messages.

during startup of the Netstat, there is:
    palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.daemon.de.netstat: Error: Main/FetchPrefValue() Database opened OK, palmInitFramework347:2527

when modifying the preferences, there is:
    palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.daemon.de.netstat: Error: Preferences ChangeLimitHandler; value = NaN, palmInitFramework347:2527
    palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.daemon.de.netstat: Error: Preferences ChangeStartDateHandler; value = NaN, palmInitFramework347:2527

there is another entry, but I don't know what had triggered it:
    Error: Retrieved empty or null value from DB, palmInitFramework347:2527

any idea what I could be doing wrong?
    sthones
    I have the same problem.
    Delete, reboot and reinstall did not help.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    for me it is not installing. Preware just hangs while installing the daemon. Could this be related to the changes in feed urls?
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    this application is really great I would like to ask: are source codes for it available?
    Quote Originally Posted by hansut View Post
    this application is really great I would like to ask: are source codes for it available?
    Yes:
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/netstat.git/summary
    Doesn't log data usage over 3G on my P102UNA Pre 2 Unlocked on AT&T. Anyone else seeing this? This may be a problem when webOS 2.0 rolls out for other devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Doesn't log data usage over 3G on my P102UNA Pre 2 Unlocked on AT&T. Anyone else seeing this? This may be a problem when webOS 2.0 rolls out for other devices.
    I can confirm this: no phone data logged on webOS 2.0, plus the numbers shown for WLAN seem to be way too high.
    sthones
    Doesn't log any 3G data usage on my Pre2 either.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast