Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    First Off, Great application, Many thanks for the hard work you've done on it.

Just updated to OS 1.4, and updated to daemon + application to 1.0.10 after having the JSON string error, and now when I try and view history I get:

Error
    TypeError: Object #<a HistoryAssistant> has no method 'ShowStatsVar'

It show current stats fine, just History doesn't Work.
  2.    #102  
    Sorry, copy-paste error

Fixed in 1.0.11.

btw - I encountered another problem: after the upgrade to 1.4 I also upgraded to netstat 1.0.10. The netstatd daemon didn't update counters anymore after this update. The process were running but the script had 0 bytes size. I needed to remove and re-install it. This problem has already been reported here previously.

If you run into it, remove+re-install will fix it. I'm currently looking into it, I assume that upstart was unable to kill the daemon process for some unknown reason, so it kept running while preware wanted to overwrite the script which seemingly didn't work. Maybe this isn't even a netstatd problem...
    Updated to 1.0.11 and it's all happy again.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    btw - I encountered another problem: after the upgrade to 1.4 I also upgraded to netstat 1.0.10. The netstatd daemon didn't update counters anymore after this update. The process were running but the script had 0 bytes size. I needed to remove and re-install it. This problem has already been reported here previously.
    I just had this. It was working fine this week, but suddenly on friday it stopped. Now I downloaded something over wlan yesterday and the counters didn't went up. So I checked the filesize and it was zero. There was an upstart service update this week. May this one be the culprit?

Kind regards,
    Christof
    My traffic isn't updated too

Also, i got this bug:

Just had the traffic count bug last night when I was over 999MB but hadn't hit 1GB yet (wifi, not 3G, needs a bit more work to hit that)

similar result as NoSyMe with it saying 1e+03 MB
    still got the "warning: netstatd is not running!"
    damnz, really love the app and get it already for severall weeks, reinstalled it over 10times, still not working..

any clue?!
    thx in advance!
    a roller with a palm pre...
  8.    #108  
    Any chance to get "grep netstatd /var/log/messages"?

About the "1e+03" problem: I'm looking into it...
  9.    #109  
    I updated the installer for netstatd (new version: 1.0.15) which now fixes the problem about "not running netstatd" after an update.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by JSladen View Post
    Just had the traffic count bug last night when I was over 999MB but hadn't hit 1GB yet (wifi, not 3G, needs a bit more work to hit that)

similar result as NoSyMe with it saying 1e+03 MB
    Fixed in netstatd 1.0.16.

Counter < 999:

Counter > 999:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Thx for the updates. It's running like a charm now

Great and extremely useful work...and thats for free. U are the man!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it's the same now on the end of march as it was on the end of february: netstatd isn't running, so netstat will not work on the first of the next month to reset the counters.
    i always updated netstat / netstatd when preware offered an update - but still: no go
  13.    #113  
    Did you try to deinstall it and then do a fresh install?
  14. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I had the same issue... uninstalled both app and d... reinstalled... and all is fine again.
    I really like this app. However I am not able to see the traffic history even after re-installing the app and d. Can you pls help me?

Thanks
    M
    never resets after the my month is done, also i can not go back and view each month,
    Anything new on this?
    I get the JSON string error here!
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I note that date is in US format, and doesn't obey the regional settings. In the UK the date format is similar to DD-MM-YYYY.
    Debilater,

I've been trying to reach you by email, PM and IRC with no success.

I have a new testing version of netstat ready which combines the two packages into one, making it easier to install and update.

Can you please contact me regarding whether we can release this update?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    AWESOME>>>>!!!!!!! Thank you I finally got it to work (Was missing Deameon). Works like a charm it's exactly what I needed.