Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Danke Dir! auch wenn der Reload Button bei mir nicht geht.
    Praktische App!
  2.    #22  
    Updated daemon and app to 1.0.6. There is now a history of aggregated traffic data which can be viewed by tapping on the interface. A bug in the daemon have been fixed too.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Tried to remove Netstat Daemon 1.0.6 via Preware. It took me through removing the application first, which was successful. Now that the app is gone, trying to remove the daemon, get error. IPKG Log shows error in Prerm step "sh: cannot kill pid 26830: No such process". The fact that it isn't running right now, for whatever reason, prevents it from being removed? Bogus. I am attempting to *remove* it - if it's already dead, that's just fine! Even after a restart, same problem.

I had to ssh in, become root, and rm /var/run/netstatd.pid, then Preware was able to remove it.
    Blöde Frage: Kann der daemon bei zukünftigen Firmware-Updates des Palm Pre Probleme machen? Konkret, muss man netstat vor jedem Firmware-Update deinstallieren, oder sollte das ohne Probleme ablaufen?
    I can't speak German, but I think the answer is that you do not need to remove Netstat or Netstatd before accepting a webOS update.

-- Rod
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by apfelnase View Post
    Blöde Frage: Kann der daemon bei zukünftigen Firmware-Updates des Palm Pre Probleme machen? Konkret, muss man netstat vor jedem Firmware-Update deinstallieren, oder sollte das ohne Probleme ablaufen?
    Wie Rod schon richtig gesagt hat: nein, musst Du nicht. app und daemon werden beim Update verschoben und gut is.
    Thanks for the app! Really usefull on my 100 MB-limited data plan on the Czech Vodafone!

Are you planning to add some statistical functions like "Based on your previous data usage, you reach your data limit in 13 days"? That would be really helpful.
    Hey thanks a lot for this great app. Even though I haven't been able to install it yet. I tried through Preware but I get an error message everytime I try to start it......

Any hints how to solve this?

Vielen Dank & liebe Grüsse von einem Pre-User aus Zürich
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
    Hey thanks a lot for this great app. Even though I haven't been able to install it yet. I tried through Preware but I get an error message everytime I try to start it......

Any hints how to solve this?

Vielen Dank & liebe Grüsse von einem Pre-User aus Zürich
    M
    First hint is to give the actual error message when asking for help ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Even though i have an unlimited data plan with sprint, I still want to be informed on my data usage. So does this work with Sprint's Palm Pixi?
    I have got a feature request:
    I would like a notification when the traffic on a specific device exceeds a given threshold.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    So does this work with Sprint's Palm Pixi?
    It should but I don't know if the pixi has the same interfaces as the pre. So some of the data fields maybe empty all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by audax View Post
    I have got a feature request:
    I would like a notification when the traffic on a specific device exceeds a given threshold.
    I'm working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    It should but I don't know if the pixi has the same interfaces as the pre. So some of the data fields maybe empty all the time.
    The device names are different - there is no ppp0, I think it's rmnet0 or something.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    ...reads:

Fehler - Netstat Service not running!

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
    M
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The device names are different - there is no ppp0, I think it's rmnet0 or something.
    -- Rod
    So I need to differentiate between the two in netstatd. Since the G2/G3 interface is not visible if offline, I cannot use the interfaces as a difference. Therefore I'll use the different cpu instead as a hint were it runs on. As far as I know, the pre uses a texas instruments omap cpu while the pixi uses a qualcomm msm cpu. Hopefully doing:

Code:
    egrep "Hardware.*OMAP" /proc/cpuinfo
    will tell me for sure if I'm on pre or pixi. If someone knows a better (and future proof) way, please let me know. If someone with linux access on a pixi could post the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo would be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
    ...reads:
    Fehler - Netstat Service not running!
    How long did you wait? Netstat waits some 10 minutes for the daemon since after a wakeup (e.g. if you turn on the screen), so this might take a while. Is netstatd installed?
    So I need to differentiate between the two in netstatd.
    I usually use /etc/palm-build-info for finding out everything.

-- Rod
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I usually use /etc/palm-build-info for finding out everything.

-- Rod
    Well, the file doesn't tell if it's a pre or a pixi:

Code:
    # cat palm-build-info 
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 1.3.1
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Castle
    BUILDNUMBER=122
    BUILDTIME=20091101184228
    BUILDMARK=217830
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Tried to remove Netstat Daemon 1.0.6 via Preware. It took me through removing the application first, which was successful. Now that the app is gone, trying to remove the daemon, get error. IPKG Log shows error in Prerm step "sh: cannot kill pid 26830: No such process". The fact that it isn't running right now, for whatever reason, prevents it from being removed? Bogus. I am attempting to *remove* it - if it's already dead, that's just fine! Even after a restart, same problem.

I had to ssh in, become root, and rm /var/run/netstatd.pid, then Preware was able to remove it.
    Sorry, the prerm script is from an older version of netstatd and I forgot to remove it from the package. I'll remove it in the next version.
    Well, the file doesn't tell if it's a pre or a pixi:

Code:
    # cat palm-build-info 
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 1.3.1
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Castle
    BUILDNUMBER=122
    BUILDTIME=20091101184228
    BUILDMARK=217830
    Castle is a Pre.

-- Rod
  20.    #40  
    1.0.7:
    - added palm pixi support
    - fixed prerm script bug
    - fixed installation on webOS 1.3.5 (thx to rwhitby)
    - added support for traffix limit alert (wan interface only)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast