Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Cellflare
    Version 3.0.1 for Palm Pre and Pixi

Use Cellflare to visually connect with the world around you.

Our app uses your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi’s GPS system to locate you and your contacts on the move in real time. This download is for Version 3.0 of the Cellflare App . For the release of 3.0.1 for Palm, Cellflare has redesigned the interface, graphics and registration process to create ease of use, clearer presentation and increased functionality. The key new feature is Friends on the Map. In addition Cellflare has improved the efficiency of its core tracking program which should allow for longer battery life.

With Friends on the Map, users will now be able to follow and track all of their friends from their mobile device.. The information presented includes a photo or avatar of their contacts, their position, and average speed in real time. This will allow for Friends meet up with no more missed rendezvous that have plagued some location based services.

Cellflare gives you the ability to locate yourself directly on your Palm using our live scalable map. This makes finding your way a whole lot easier as you can accurately navigate around the city in the palm of your hand using either the road, satellite or hybrid map view. All while letting your contacts locate you at the same time. They can do so by conveniently viewing all of their active friends, family and colleagues simultaneously in one view on our map. This takes staying connected to a whole other level.

After downloading the app onto your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi you will need to go to cellflare.com and create a free account. Next you will use your 10 digit phone number and your unique 6 digit license key -given when you update your profile- to activate Cellflare on your phone.

Now you are ready to add your friends and create your Cellflare social locating empire. Cellflare’s website map gives you instant visual reference of your online contacts, showing you who is out and about. Not only does Cellflare work in real time it also locates users within 5 meters of their exact location. Each contact is displayed using a colored dot and their profile picture.

Safety is a huge aspect of Cellflare; its features are designed to help give users peace of mind while on the move, making it a practical tool in today’s world.

• Quick Locate allows unregistered guests to have a quick peek at a desired user’s whereabouts, with the user’s permission.
    • The History feature allows users to retrace their recent movements displaying their trips from A to B, showing the speed travelled along the way.
    • With the GeoFence, you can set a parameter around a certain location and receive email notifications when contacts enter or exit the set boundaries.
    • Friends on the Map shows your Contacts on the map on your mobile device in real time.
    • With Cellflare Messaging you can SMS or Email your Palm Contacts with a message and your Address Location (reverse Geo Code)

Get ready to look and locate! Live on Homebrew. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Change Log:
    12/15/2009

Website registration now allows unlimited characters for the email field, and pre registration allows 50 characters.

Removed the Back / Forward buttons or menu items, and assigned the back navigation behavior to the Back Gesture, the WebOS standard way of navigating within a scene hierarchy.

12/17/2009

For Web browsing (map) the pinch and spread on the multi-touch screen to zoom in and out functionality fixed.

2/12/2010
    Version 3.02 Features Application will now run in the Auto Start with Timer added.
    Bug Fix Time zone error (Europe, Asia) corrected.
    Sound alert when tracking now functional

2/25/2010
    Bug Fix for GPS tracking
    Added Option to Enable/Disable AGPS.
    Added Option to Start with Timer to run in Background

Cellflare Version 3.0.1 for Palm Pre and Pixi Change Log
    Cellflare Look & Locate on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/cellflarenews
    Cellflare Official FaceBook Page Look & Locate on Facebook
    www.facebook.cellflare.com
    Cellflare News Keep up with all the latest news
    Cellflare News

Last edited by cellflare29; 02/25/2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Updated Change Log
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Is this out yet or even submitted ?
  3.    #3  
    It was submitted yesterday and is in the queue. We are hoping that PreCentral gets us up soon. If you need any more info, please feel free to send me a PM or post. We have a Sneak Peek with screen shots posted on our news blog at Cellflare News

Thanks for your interest and have a great weekend.

Regards,
    Bruce
    Last edited by cellflare29; 12/11/2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Can't spell..lol.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    just came out on precentral. Have been messing with it for a bit, I really like all the features. Can't wait for the official release of 3.0.1....

great job and awsome interface!!!
    hi does that use internet for downloading maps everytime. if so maybe there is some way to store map in my phone
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ok had a play about with it and results for me are :

1: gets initial fix but never up dates
    2: timezone all wrong
    3: speedometer not working

I dont know if this an evaluation product but maybe also reduce the time
    between sent signals from 120 secs to maybe 10 or 5 secs

I have tested it a few times today and always with the same results
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    nice interface, however it looks like the program card has to be kept open for it to update your location. that needs to be fixed or taken care of from my perspective for me to use it
  8.    #8  
    Good Morning,

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback on the Beta Version of Cellflare 3.0.1 since it went up on Homebrew this morning. We hope you like our new application, and thank everyone who has downloaded and tried it.

I will attempt to answer each piece of feedback, but I do ask for patience and understanding as it as beta product and there will be some bugs. We will also post a change log, with any fixes etc.

Thanks again for everyone's interest in Cellflare...
    Last edited by cellflare29; 12/14/2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Learning How to Type
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by willsurg View Post
    nice interface, however it looks like the program card has to be kept open for it to update your location. that needs to be fixed or taken care of from my perspective for me to use it
    Hi Willsurg,

Yes you have to keep the Cellflare card open. It has to be in your carousel of open cards. However it does not have to be the front card on your screen, but it does have to be open in the background for the program to function and track.

Thanks again for choosing Cellflare.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geomuss88 View Post
    ok had a play about with it and results for me are :

1: gets initial fix but never up dates
    2: timezone all wrong
    3: speedometer not working

I dont know if this an evaluation product but maybe also reduce the time
    between sent signals from 120 secs to maybe 10 or 5 secs

I have tested it a few times today and always with the same results
    Hi, thanks for trying out the Cellflare App. Points 1 and 3 indicate to me that your pre is using the aGPS (assisted GPS), are you indoors when testing? The speedometer won't work when in this mode, and the location on the front screen only shows the last "good" location from a satellite, not through the assisted GPS (ie. through cell towers). To get out of the aGPS mode, try bringing your pre outside, you should see the location update every 120 seconds.

We have set the minimum interval to 120 seconds for power consumption reasons. This updates much more frequently than other Location Based Applications. We are looking at reducing the minimum interval to 30 seconds on a future release. We will also investigate the timezone issue and get that fixed as soon as possible. Thank you very much for your feedback.
    Last edited by cellflare29; 12/14/2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if my friend's phone has gps. It is Boost mobile, and has unlimited internet, and I did see something that said navigation, but I never actually saw it in action. Will I be able to view her from there if we are friends on cellflare? And even if not from her phone, will she be able to view my locations, like from the website just in case we are meeting up and I need directions, or I get lost and she can give me turn by turn directions on how to get where I need to get? Sometimes I don't have the address, or she doesn't know how to get somewhere, so If I can locate her, I can tell her how to get places, and stuff. I just installed this, and haven't started really using this yet, but it seems like a cool app... Maybe will use it soon...
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    My initial thoughts are that i like the app. Good amount of features and seems nice and responsive with out being to cluttered.

One issue I have isn't so much with the service as it is the services web site. Seeing as this is a fairly new service it would be nice to have the option to let the service look through all of my Hotmail (for example) contacts and see if any of them have cellflare accounts already. I had never heard of this program until today and no one I have asked so far seems to know of or have it. Heres hoping it takes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Seeing as this is a fairly new service it would be nice to have the option to let the service look through all of my Hotmail (for example) contacts and see if any of them have cellflare accounts already.
    I agree with this. The first thing I looked for was a place where I could import my gmail contacts to see who was using the service. I wont enter in all my contacts manually.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    is there any consideration to making it run without being an open card? I would also like to second being able to import contacts into the program, even if its to send an invite to see if can drum up more busisness for the service

also, i noticed that i had created a geofence around my house that was supposed to send me an email when I left it. I thought incorrectly that I could quit the program and it would run in the background. you have answered that already, however I did turn the program on outside of the fence. I think it should have noticed that I was outside and send me an email that I left the area.
    Last edited by willsurg; 12/14/2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added more comments
    Hi Willsburg,

Yes there will be some consideration to making it run like a background system task. We believe it is possible, just not on this release.

In regards to the geofence, did you set it up so that it alerts you when exiting the geofence? (there is a setting for this). In order for that to work, you have to be inside the geofence at one point, and then exit it for it to send you an alert. It won't work if you start the program outside of the geofence, otherwise you'll be getting geofence alerts all the time.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Okay, I'll try this later with the rest of my family. I had a chance to test it on a drive, and it seemed fairly accurate.

When I added my brother, every once in a while my location would jump like 2 miles away from where I'm at and correct itself after a refresh. Zooming with the arrow keys works, but when I use the "touch zoom" of the pre, it moves our location indicators away from our location.

Is there anyway to hide certain information on the website? I don't think gender shows, but name and email does.
    Gitah~
    Hi Misaki Ki,

Yes we are aware of the problems with the pinch/spread zoom, we can't seem to find the correct event listeners for these gestures. Once we figure that out it should be a relatively easy fix.

The email actually is hidden, it only shows up when you are on a friend's contact list. But you can search the site by name or email. I'm not sure if there are any plans to hide the info, but a quick workaround would be to use an alias for your name, or to register with an email address that no one knows.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    My initial thoughts are that i like the app. Good amount of features and seems nice and responsive with out being to cluttered.

One issue I have isn't so much with the service as it is the services web site. Seeing as this is a fairly new service it would be nice to have the option to let the service look through all of my Hotmail (for example) contacts and see if any of them have cellflare accounts already. I had never heard of this program until today and no one I have asked so far seems to know of or have it. Heres hoping it takes off.
    +1

Add me on cellflare

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  19.    #19  
    Our app uses your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi’s GPS system to locate you and your contacts on the move in real time. This download is for Version 3.0 of the Cellflare App . For the release of 3.0.1 for Palm, Cellflare has redesigned the interface, graphics and registration process to create ease of use, clearer presentation and increased functionality. The key new feature is Friends on the Map. In addition Cellflare has improved the efficiency of its core tracking program which should allow for longer battery life.

With Friends on the Map, users will now be able to follow and track all of their friends from their mobile device.. The information presented includes a photo or avatar of their contacts, their position, and average speed in real time. This will allow for Friends meet up with no more missed rendezvous that have plagued some location based services.

Cellflare gives you the ability to locate yourself directly on your Palm using our live scalable map. This makes finding your way a whole lot easier as you can accurately navigate around the city in the palm of your hand using either the road, satellite or hybrid map view. All while letting your contacts locate you at the same time. They can do so by conveniently viewing all of their active friends, family and colleagues simultaneously in one view on our map. This takes staying connected to a whole other level.

After downloading the app onto your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi you will need to go to cellflare.com and create a free account. Next you will use your 10 digit phone number and your unique 6 digit license key -given when you update your profile- to activate Cellflare on your phone.

Now you are ready to add your friends and create your Cellflare social locating empire. Cellflare’s website map gives you instant visual reference of your online contacts, showing you who is out and about. Not only does Cellflare work in real time it also locates users within 5 meters of their exact location. Each contact is displayed using a colored dot and their profile picture.

Safety is a huge aspect of Cellflare; its features are designed to help give users peace of mind while on the move, making it a practical tool in today’s world.

• Quick Locate allows unregistered guests to have a quick peek at a desired user’s whereabouts, with the user’s permission.
    • The History feature allows users to retrace their recent movements displaying their trips from A to B, showing the speed traveled along the way.
    • With the GeoFence, you can set a parameter around a certain location and receive email notifications when contacts enter or exit the set boundaries.
    • Friends on the Map shows your Contacts on the map on your mobile device in real time.
    • With Cellflare Messaging you can SMS or Email your Palm Contacts with a message and your Address Location (reverse Geo Code)

Get ready to look and locate!

Change Log:
    12/15/2009
    Website registration now allows unlimited characters for the email field, and pre registration allows 50 characters.

Removed the Back / Forward buttons or menu items, and assigned the back navigation behavior to the Back Gesture, the WebOS standard way of navigating within a scene hierarchy.
    I'm having issues getting Quick Locate to work. I turn it on, created the pin number, and when entered it says "location not available"

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast