Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellflare29 View Post
    Version 3.02 Coming tomorrow:

add new features:
    1) Application run background
    2) Auto start/stop by timer
    This is great news! Running in the background is what I was waiting for...leaving the Cellflare card open was not a good thing. If 3.02 works correctly I can finally cancel Sprint family locator

how battery life compared to using sprint family locator?
    when can I install from app catalog?
    Last edited by migs; 02/19/2010 at 11:22 AM.
  2.    #42  
    We will be submitting to the App Catalog early next week...a couple of changes still in the offing...should be fun...

I can't give you a comparison on Battery life...but with the settings available to you can increase battery life... example don't check your location every 30 seconds (default). Change it to one minute which should be sufficient for most users.
  3.    #43  
    New Version of 3.02 Uploaded to PreCentral .net today. Here is the change log:

2/25/2010
    Bug Fix for GPS tracking
    Added Option to Enable/Disable AGPS.
    Added Option to Start with Timer to run in Background

As per usual Jim, please note, that you have to delete the application and reinstall for the changes to come into effect. And this message will self destruct in 5 seconds....

Cellflare Version 3.0.1 for Palm Pre and Pixi Change Log
    Cellflare Look & Locate on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/cellflarenews
    Cellflare Official FaceBook Page Look & Locate on Facebook
    www.facebook.cellflare.com
    Cellflare News Keep up with all the latest news
    Cellflare News
    A few things I would love to see. One would be to decrease updates (20-30min). Another would be an option to run in background instead of selecting it every time the card is closed. Finally, an option to email and/or sms my current location to someone not using Cellflare - maybe with a link to the site and pin.
  5.    #45  
    Cellflare, the GPS mobile application has recently added an Invite Friends Feature via the Cellflare website! Just sign in at the Cellflare site and go to the member’s area, and you will see the new button to Invite your friends- simply click on service you use and an email will be sent out to your contacts inviting them to download the application.

Currently, you can invite your Friends via email, Facebook and Windows Live contacts. Your Friends Email address can be typed in or added by cut and paste, separated by a comma. Windows Live Contacts now allows people to use their Windows Live contact information (including Hotmail, Messenger, and Mobile contacts) with our site—while keeping complete control of their data. Next we will be adding Google and Yahoo.

Coming soon you will be able to invite your contacts via your mobile device.

Cellflare Version 3.0.1 for Palm Pre and Pixi Change Log
    Cellflare Look & Locate on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/cellflarenews
    Cellflare Official FaceBook Page Look & Locate on Facebook
    www.facebook.cellflare.com
    Cellflare News Keep up with all the latest news
    Cellflare News

I have what might be a silly question, but I'm hoping you can help me.

I have a Palm Pre with Sprint. In the past I've used the Google Maps feature and Sprint Navigation. They work great! When I saw this app, I installed it (and it has worked fine so far). But my question is this: I know the app is free (currently), but will this app incur me any charges with Sprint?

Currently, I don't pay for their extra "Sprint Family Locator", which seems similar to this app. My girlfriend was somewhat upset when I installed Cellflare on my phone - she assumed that now we'd be getting charged for these extra GPS services (up to $60 per month for the three phones we have).

So help me out, please - help me to explain to her that installing an app won't automatically trigger Sprint to 'upgrade' my account to have additional Sprint GPS services.

Thanks!
  7.    #47  
    The app is free. But data charges do apply. If you have the app on 24 hours a day, it would be likely under 80 mb a month...now that is 24 hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellflare29 View Post
    The app is free. But data charges do apply. If you have the app on 24 hours a day, it would be likely under 80 mb a month...now that is 24 hours a day.
    So what you're saying is that the only charges Cellflare should impact are data charges? It won't automatically upgrade my Sprint service contract to include any new features?
    Correct. This is really no different than leaving Google Maps or Sprint Nav open all the time. Both are free with any sort of "Unlimited Data Plan".

There is no charge to use the GPS functions on your phone, but there is a charge to use the Sprint Family Locator. These a completely separate things.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123