Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    is there a way i can hide myself from certain contacts with this.. or manually set my location?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    is there a way i can hide myself from certain contacts with this.. or manually set my location?
    Can you hide yourself from certain contacts? is a good question. Just to clarify, until you approve a contact, they cannot see you at all. Once you approve a list of contacts, can you block an individual contact? Yes, but to date it is only available through the web interface. It is on the drawing board for the mobile interface.

You cannot manually set your location.

Cellflare Version 3.0.1 for Palm Pre and Pixi Change Log
    Cellflare Look & Locate on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/cellflarenews
    Cellflare Official FaceBook Page Look & Locate on Facebook
    www.facebook.cellflare.com
    Cellflare News Keep up with all the latest news
    Cellflare News
    This is kind of useless until you have some contacts. Being that this is a fairly new app, would it make sense to open this up to see all users, at least in the beginning until you build up your userbase?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    This is kind of useless until you have some contacts. Being that this is a fairly new app, would it make sense to open this up to see all users, at least in the beginning until you build up your userbase?
    The issue would be one of privacy. We cannot give access to contacts unless they authorize it. You can however search the contacts and invite people to be a contact. We are also working on an invite functionality similar to Facebook so that you can invite people from your hotmail, gmail, Outlook etc. and hope to launch it in Q1 2010.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellflare29 View Post
    Can you hide yourself from certain contacts? is a good question. Just to clarify, until you approve a contact, they cannot see you at all. Once you approve a list of contacts, can you block an individual contact? Yes, but to date it is only available through the web interface. It is on the drawing board for the mobile interface.

You cannot manually set your location.

http://Cellflare Version 3.0.1 for P...ixi Change Log
    Bruce Bradley (cellflarenews) on Twitter
    Cellflare News
    so the thing is. i wanna add some chicks but there are times where i don't want one or the other to be able to see me at a particular time (when i'm with the other chick lol) but be able to be visible to this person when i choose to and perhaps be able to still see them though they can't see me. setting my location manually would also help with this cause i could set it to look like i'm at home and be somewhere else (another chicks house lol)
  6.    #26  
    We have had a number of queries asking about the difference via pm, email etc.. I thought I would post it to make this available to all the interested Palm users.

The two apps are very similar.

The main differences as we understand it are:

a) Cellflare uses both GPS and AGPS where applicable. (some devices have both, some have only one, so it all depends) Latitude only relies on AGPS. Not bad for urban but horrible for rural areas. GPS is much more accurate, but primarily works outdoors at the present. The app will show your last known location if it loses the connect. AGPS (a is for assisted) uses the cell towers and is much less accurate. This is what Latitude uses.

b) Cellflare tracks faster. Currently Cellfare is "pinging" (updating your location) every 120 seconds on Palm...Latitude can be up to 10 minutes plus. This can be a problem when trying to meet someone. We are looking at making the “pinging” more frequent, but that could possibly impact battery endurance...it is in development and we will keep you up to date.

c) We offer cross platform IM (but in the case of Palm its SMS/email only currently). For Palm with Cellflare Messaging you can SMS or Email your Palm Contacts with a message and your Address Location (reverse Geo Code) For iphone, Blackberry Cellflare Messenger will allow “one to one” as well as “one too many” conversations across multiple devices. The user will be able to click on their Friend(s) on the Map and initiate a Instant Messenger conversation via Cellflare Messenger. We hope to have this working for Palm in Q1, 2010.

d) Cellflare offers Geofencing as feature. With the GeoFence, you can set a parameter around a certain location and receive email notifications when contacts enter or exit the set boundaries.

e) Cellflare offers History. The History feature allows users to retrace their recent movements displaying their trips from A to B, showing the speed traveled along the way for the past 30 days.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    so the thing is. i wanna add some chicks but there are times where i don't want one or the other to be able to see me at a particular time (when i'm with the other chick lol) but be able to be visible to this person when i choose to and perhaps be able to still see them though they can't see me. setting my location manually would also help with this cause i could set it to look like i'm at home and be somewhere else (another chicks house lol)
    Two solutions. Block them using the Web interface, or give them a quick locate pin and change it.
    Under settings it gives the option for auto start. I thought this would allow the app to automatically start up. It doesn't appear to do that. What does the auto start option do?

Also, I vote for letting the app run in the background without having the card open.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellflare29 View Post
    We have had a number of queries asking about the difference via pm, email etc.. I thought I would post it to make this available to all the interested Palm users.
    I know I thanked you above...but I wanted to point out that my initial reason for stopping in here tonight was to ***** about the fact you didn't respond to my PM...as it turns out, you responded in an even better way, so I wanted to emphasize my thanks.

I don't know if you can answer my question or not...but where does the profits for CellFlare come from?

I'm aware that Apps like Trapster actually make their money from selling anonymous data about traffic patters, driving behavior, etc...and they freely admit this to anyone who looks on their website. Google obviously doesn't care at all about making money off of Latitude...it's just another "cool" service they provide that keeps you coming back to Google for lots of other things they make money on...

...which brings me back to my curiousity on where the profits are derived from on your end... I'm interested in your app, and curious to try it...but I want to know what I'm really getting myself into before I completely dive in.

If you're not comfortable answering this question, please feel free to have a moderator delete my comment, or even just ask me to do so, and I will. Like I said in my original PM...I"m not looking to derail your thread, I just have questions.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I know I thanked you above...but I wanted to point out that my initial reason for stopping in here tonight was to ***** about the fact you didn't respond to my PM...as it turns out, you responded in an even better way, so I wanted to emphasize my thanks.

I don't know if you can answer my question or not...but where does the profits for CellFlare come from?

I'm aware that Apps like Trapster actually make their money from selling anonymous data about traffic patters, driving behavior, etc...and they freely admit this to anyone who looks on their website. Google obviously doesn't care at all about making money off of Latitude...it's just another "cool" service they provide that keeps you coming back to Google for lots of other things they make money on...

...which brings me back to my curiousity on where the profits are derived from on your end... I'm interested in your app, and curious to try it...but I want to know what I'm really getting myself into before I completely dive in.

If you're not comfortable answering this question, please feel free to have a moderator delete my comment, or even just ask me to do so, and I will. Like I said in my original PM...I"m not looking to derail your thread, I just have questions.
    Cellflare for the consumer will be an advertising based model. You will see a banner launched in Q1 2010 as well as the ability to serve ecoupons. E.G. your are viewing your map, you note the location of a Pizza restaurant and coupon will be made available to you, or as we like to term it Mobile Proximity Marketing. More to come on this soon.

If we were to sell any of our data, we would have to advise our users in our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. We have not and have no plans to sell any of our data.

There is also a business application available which has more features, such as extended history, and shorter tracking periods. This is great for security guard firms, lone workers etc. For the premium Business Application, please go to Cellflare Location Based Service or contact one of our Authorized Resellers. e.g. Lamarcomm LLC in the US.

Hope this helps, and keep up with the good questions.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Cellflare News
  11.    #31  
    Just a tip that if you leave Wifi on your Palm Pre or Pixi (when available) this the order in which the device tries to triangulate your Geolocation – IP address (reverse to a physical address) – then AGPS (cell towers) – then GPS.

When you turn Wifi off then the order becomes AGPS (cell towers) – then GPS!!

In terms of locating your position, the device is going from the worst triangulation in terms of accuracy to best. This is to save battery. To get the most accurate position, please turn off your Wifi.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Cellflare News
    Last edited by cellflare29; 12/24/2009 at 10:44 AM.
  12.    #32  
    The Cellflare GPS mobile application was officially released in the Palm® App Catalog on December 27th. The app is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Mexico and Spain in the English Version.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments at PreCentral.net. Look for our next beta version soon.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Cellflare News
  13. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi Cellflare, nice app.

But, is a German Page in progress? Its in the German AppStore .. but not every german Pre User wants to install English Apps or unterstand english!

And Useing Licenses for Using something have to written in the language of the country or they are not valid.

Oh and... its not possible to manually set his own location!
    In Google Latitude its possible... and chooseing for each contact
    - cant see me
    - can just see my city
    - can see my best location info

Manually set it's important.. because if you driving in the underground there is no GPS
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Nice app. Thanks for all your work.

I'd like to add to the others that expressed interest in an app that could run in the background. I'd like it too, if the app could auto-start in the background when the Pre/Pixi boots. I basically would like it to be always running. It could use WebOS notifications to report location events when the card is not active.
    The app does not install on my Pre. I attempt to install it from the App Catalog. It says that it downloaded and is installing but never completes. When I look on the Pre there is no sign of the ipk or an app directory. I know others are experiencing the same problem.
  16.    #36  
    Wanted to give all of our PreCentral/Palm friends this heads up that there are more users for you to play with...we did launch Version 3 for the Palm before Blackberry and iPhone. Also we will be launching a Friend Invite feature in February, and again would like to thank everyone in the Palm community for their support and feedback.

Cellflare™ 3.0 Launched in BlackBerry App World™and Apple’s App Store for the iPhone™

New Features Include Friends on the Map, Cellflare Messenger, Longer Battery Life

Location-based services (LBS) company Cellflare has launched Version 3.0 of their GPS mobile application in the Apple’s App Store for the iPhone(TM).

For the release of 3.0 Cellflare has redesigned the interface, graphics and registration process to create ease of use, clearer presentation and increased functionality. Key new features for Cellflare are Friends on the Map and in addition Cellflare has improved the efficiency of its core tracking program which should allow for longer battery life.

With Friends on the Map, users will now be able to follow and track all of their friends from their mobile device.. The information presented includes a photo or avatar of their contacts, their position, and average speed in real time. This will allow for Friends meet up with no more missed rendezvous that have plagued some location based services.

Cellflare Messenger will allow “one to one” “Instant Message” conversations across multiple devices. The user will be able to click on their Friends on the Map and initiate an Instant Messenger conversation via Cellflare Messenger.

Apple’s App Store recently topped three Billion downloads and is available to iPhone and iPod touch customers in 77 countries worldwide

The Cellflare application uses your mobile devices GPS system to locate you and your contacts on the move in real time. The application already boasts features such as the Quick Locate PIN, GeoFencing, eCouponing, real-time history and speed function functionality. Parental Lock was added for Version 2.0. To download Cellflare 3.0 directly to your iPhone go to the Apple’s App Store iTunes Store.

# # #

About Cellflare Inc.

With headquarters in Toronto, Ontario Canada, Location-based Service Company Cellflare combines expertise and creativity with innovations in mobile technology.

For more information – visit Cellflare Location Based Service, Cellflare News and follow us on Twitter @cellflare29. Cellflare is a trademark of Cellflare Inc.

SOURCE: Cellflare Inc.

# # #

www.twitter.com/cellflare29
    Cellflare News
  17.    #37  
    Version 3.02 Coming tomorrow:

For this release, fix bugs
    1) Time zone error (Europe, Asia)
    2) No sound alert when tracking even check it

add new features:
    1) Application run background
    2) Auto start/stop by timer

Cellflare News

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Alright, I played around with it. The background or system try is really-really nice. Tested it with a friend, 30 seconds refresh seemed pretty good and a much improvement over 120 seconds.

I like it.
    Gitah~
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    My initial thoughts are that i like the app. Good amount of features and seems nice and responsive with out being to cluttered.

One issue I have isn't so much with the service as it is the services web site. Seeing as this is a fairly new service it would be nice to have the option to let the service look through all of my Hotmail (for example) contacts and see if any of them have cellflare accounts already. I had never heard of this program until today and no one I have asked so far seems to know of or have it. Heres hoping it takes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    I agree with this. The first thing I looked for was a place where I could import my gmail contacts to see who was using the service. I wont enter in all my contacts manually.
    Double Ditto - I just signed up and downloaded the app but I would love to be able to import all of my contacts from gmail to see if they have signed up and dl'd to their phone. If not, I could select the people I would like to invite to download the app, sign up for service and friend.

Is this in the works? If not, I don't really see why I would keep this on my phone.

This would be an excellent way for you to gain new users.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by culaslucas View Post
    Double Ditto - I just signed up and downloaded the app but I would love to be able to import all of my contacts from gmail to see if they have signed up and dl'd to their phone. If not, I could select the people I would like to invite to download the app, sign up for service and friend.

Is this in the works? If not, I don't really see why I would keep this on my phone.

This would be an excellent way for you to gain new users.
    Thanks for the feed back.

We are currently developing an Invite Friends Feature for Cellflare to allow you to invite your friends to share Cellflare and its features.

We have just launched the first trial of this with a Facebook invite. You can find it on the Cellflare Website in the member area in the top right corner. Please use it to share Cellflare with your friends. Coming in 2 weeks, you will be able to invite your Windows Live contacts (including Hotmail, Messenger, and Mobile contacts), followed by Gmail, Yahoo, etc. etc.

Currently you can invite any of your friends who are already on Cellflare, by searching for their name or email information and they will receive an email invitation.

Please let us know your feedback as to which services are the most relevant to you the user for this, and any features you would like to see.

Thanks again for your feedback. Stay tuned for future developments.

Cellflare News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast