Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Cabbie

Car broken down? Drink too much at the bar? Lost in an unknown city? Use Cabbie to automatically find the phone numbers to the nearest cab companies and you'll be in a taxi and on your way home in no time. Powered by Google local search.

Features:
    • Automatic GPS lookup of nearest cab companies.
    • Manual search by city, state, or ZIP (if GPS is unavailable or to lookup numbers in different locations)

Notes:

It's my first webOS app and I'm proud to release the beta version here on PreCentral. The beta version will always be free, the finished release will be $1 via Palm's App Catalog.

Current beta version: 0.4.1
    Known bugs:
    • If a data connection is unavailable, the app will not start. Obviously this is a big problem and I'm working on the best solution
    • Depending on network availability, loading the app or performing GPS searches can be slow. I'm working to optimize data connections.

Features in development:
    • Style the results lists in a more attractive manner
    • Option to have Cabbie tell you your current location (for you to tell the cab company)

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The app is now approved on the homebrew list. Please try it out and let me know what you think. I have a fix almost ready for the slow loading time, BTW.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    just in time for the weekend. Thanks! I will be using this
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Great! I'll be trying it out at the bar tonight as well! Let me know how it works
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Love this nice simple app!

Thanks for making this!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Cabbie 1.0.1 is available via App Catalog for 99 cents!

Version 1.0.1 Updates:
    • Faster performance
    • Faster GPS fix
    • Much faster startup time
    • Numerous bug fixes

Download Cabbie 1.0.1.

More information about this release is available on my blog:
    http://rmxdave.com/post/344507167/cabbie-webos

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the beta version. You may continue using that version if you'd like. App proceeds will go straight into my wedding fund for this summer. I appreciate your support!