Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by thane777 View Post
    If I have to replace my Pre will I be able to get this loaded on my new phone? It is not backed up in my Palm Profile since it is not yet in the app catalog.
    BibleZ Pro is in the AppCatalog, so if you get a new webOS device and log in with your palm profile all your Apps will be restored, but you have to reinstall all modules.

Another question for Zefanja: Is there a way to remove modules that I've installed?
    Yes, just in many other webOS Apps. Just swipe left or right in the module manager to delete a module.

Stephan
  2.    #122  
    @modemjunkie: I added the JPS to the default modules in BibleZ and BibleZ Pro. They will be available with the next update (this month).

Stephan
    Quote Originally Posted by zefanja View Post
    Hi,

I just want to tell you, that BibleZ Pro is now available in the Web Feed. It will be soon in the App Catalog.
    I just noticed the upgrade to 0.8 and used the option to go get the Pro version.
    Last edited by GT500.org; 01/09/2011 at 01:20 PM.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...
    @modemjunkie: I added the JPS to the default modules in BibleZ and BibleZ Pro. They will be available with the next update (this month).

Stephan
    Thank You. I look forward to the update!

Len
    So far, I like the Pro version. Some of the new features are nice, and the commentary integration seems pretty good for such a small screen. Now all I need is John Gill and possibly John Calvin and I'll be happy.

BTW: Where did you get the cross references from? Some of them are OK, but some of them are a bit weird...
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...
    Finally got a webos phone (pixi plus) and loaded BibleZ on it right away. But I need help: can someone explain how to import a module?

The instructions in the app/website don't really explain everything...so I have downloaded Python, but I don't really understand how to get the script I need or what to do with it. Any help?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Is there a Catholic bible version available, preferably, the New Jerusalem Bible? I installed the free version and found no Catholic versions of the bible, just curious. I have not found a Catholic version of the bible available with any other bible app either, so I suppose one is not available anywhere.

Thank you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Is there an echo in here? Very quiet.

Any answer from the dev to my question would be great, thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Is there a Catholic bible version available, preferably, the New Jerusalem Bible? I installed the free version and found no Catholic versions of the bible, just curious. I have not found a Catholic version of the bible available with any other bible app either, so I suppose one is not available anywhere.

Thank you.
    I'd second that. A Catholic bible would be great. Personally I'd prefer the Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition but at this point I'd settle for any of the versions.
    After deleting a commentary module, I noticed a couple of issues:

1) The little thing at the end of the verses that lets you know that there is commentary is still there even though the module is gone (this could be due to me forgetting to hide the secondary module when deleting it).

2) After deleting a commentary, I would believe it automatically activated the deleted commentary each time, and I know that it was displaying the deleted commentary after it was deleted.

As far as performance, I imagine that you are aware of performance issues in how, as you use BibleZ Pro, the more stuff you do (switch chapters, do searches, change modules, etc) the more memory that it uses, and not only does it start to become unresponsive, but the phone (original Sprint Palm Pre with latest WebOS updates) also gives me low memory warnings and tells me that there are too many cards open. Could there be an issue with some things not being removed from memory once BibleZ Pro is done using them?
    Zefanja,

I just learned that Broadman & Holman, the publishers of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, one of the newer, most accurate and most readable translations available, has made the HCSB available for free download to certain Bible apps on certain platforms (iOS, android).

Can you contact them and ask if you could make the HCSB available? Personally, I consider the HCSB, NET, NIV, and ESV to be the best English translations, and getting 2 of the 4 on BibleZ would be awesome!

Thanks,
    Brad
    Zefanja,

Here is a link to an announcement by LifeWay (makers of the YouVersion bible apps on webOS iOS Blackberry Android etc...)

Have You Tried the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)? YouVersion - Engaging the Bible Through Technology

If they can get it as a free download, I am sure you would have a good chance asking for it for BibleZ...after all, teh HCSB needs marketshare...and that would be a good way for them to introduce people to it. Win-win I think.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj
    ... HCSB, NET, NIV, and ESV to be the best English translations...
    Along with the NASB 1977 edition (I don't really like the 1995 update), but it is copyrighted as well. Would be nice to see it on BibleZ though, since it is difficult to find the 1977 edition (the Thompson Chain Reference version of the NASB 1977 is the only good one out there).

Right now, I'm more interested in more and better commentaries. If I really wanted the ESV (which is not a bad translation to have), then I can convert it to the XML format that BibleZ uses from the SWORD module (I'm pretty sure I have it installed in Xiphos), so more translations are not a big deal to me. I am mostly happy with the ACV, ASV, NET, Geneva 1599, and Tyndale's translation (even though it is incomplete). If I need more, I have them in print, but the commentaries are difficult to carry with me (John Gill is in 7 large volumes and John Calvin is in 22 small volumes), and sometimes it is nice to have a second and third opinion.
  14. wxl
    Was in church today and had one of those situations where we were done with our time with the Word and had moved backed into worship.. only to have the pastor come back to hit us up again, after I had already closed BibleZ free. I re-opened the app and it just sat there spinning.

So I looked into the Pro version and was impressed, especially with the commentary integration, so I went and bought it. Went back to Free, backed up, then restored in Pro and all was well.

So I checked to see how everything went.. bookmarks (this is for the stuff I wish to study further), good; notes (obviously my own commentary), good; highlights (for my favorite verses), not good. Went back to Free and never noticed there was no highlight button at the bottom.

So the highlights are there but they don't save and/or don't transfer between the two versions? I won't delete Free until I get this resolved, but I sure would appreciate any suggestions.
  15.    #135  
    I just look at this thread a noticed that I didn't get any notification of all the new post, so sorry for the late response. My life is vey busy since 2 month and I didn't have the time to work on BibleZ as I wish to do.

So the highlights are there but they don't save and/or don't transfer between the two versions?
    Yes. Highlights couldn't be backuped and restored from the free to the pro version. BibleZ Pro can restore highlights (and also backup it).

I want to rewrite BibleZ with the new framework (enyo) and also want to make a version for the TouchPad, but my time is currently very limited for that so don't ask me, when it will be ready to release =) I also hope to get libsword working so that you can use all available SWORD Modules / Commentaries / ...
    Hey, it's good to hear from you!

I'm glad to hear more about the possibility of SWORD module support. I hope you find the time to work on BibleZ some more.

May the grace of God be with you.
  17. wxl
    Yes. Highlights couldn't be backuped and restored from the free to the pro version. BibleZ Pro can restore highlights (and also backup it).
    well I can manually put them all in again.. But how do I find which ones I highlighted without searching the whole Bible?
    Cool, I see there's an update.

Any possibility of a changelog?
    Quote Originally Posted by GT500.org View Post

Well, I see that the performance is substantially improved. I can search the entire Old Testament now without the app freezing, so I'm happy.

Now I just need to check and see if I can search both Old and New Testaments at once.

Thanks for the hard work, and may the grace of God be with you!
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT500.org View Post

The new version includes JustType support for webOS 2.x devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast