Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 212
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #101  
    I have tried several Bible reader available for WebOS and I like this one the best primarily because the "tap" navigation to book / chapter is much faster than scrolling through lists. One ehancement I'd like to see is as someone else suggested, tap navigation to the verse. None of the Bible readers for WebOS seem to support navigation to a specific verse. I also would like to see the ability to open up multiple cards as is possible with BibleReader.

    Thanks for the good work!
  2. wxl
    wxl is offline
    wxl's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    #102  
    So I had my phone die once and lost all my app settings. All of my notes, bookmarks, hilights, and read history gone. I was pretty devastated because I use this app like everyday. Anyway to export all that info into an xml or something so it can be emailed to oneself?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    FYI that avatar is from the iFixit Pre teardown, uploaded by another Walter, and was instrumental in the fixing of my phone's speaker. It's also licensed under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA so give credit if you use it.
  3. #103  
    I've been meaning to suggest this in the save/restore bounty thread. I lost all mine too when I switched phones (new Pre -- nobody panic! ).
  4. showie's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #104  
    I would love to get the NRSV imported to here. I have a copy of the NRSV with my Olivetree Palm Bible. What format does the import module need to be? Is this a text file or XML? Can you give an example of a few verses?
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    So I had my phone die once and lost all my app settings. All of my notes, bookmarks, hilights, and read history gone. I was pretty devastated because I use this app like everyday. Anyway to export all that info into an xml or something so it can be emailed to oneself?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Hi...you can macke a backup of your notes and bookmarks in BibleZ. Look at the App Menu.

    -- Stephan
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by showie View Post
    I would love to get the NRSV imported to here. I have a copy of the NRSV with my Olivetree Palm Bible. What format does the import module need to be? Is this a text file or XML? Can you give an example of a few verses?
    Hi...BibleZ uses Zefania XML. You can find more informations here or look an existing module (http://sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-sharp/files/).

    --Stephan
  7. #107  
    Hello Stephan ("Zefanja"),

    First of all, thank you so much! Your app is amazing. The first thing I did when I tried a Pre in the store was download your app to it to test it out.

    I just want to echo what an earlier person suggested which is to make a left swipe on the screen go back a chapter and a forward swipe go forward a chapter.

    It is very intuitive (like a book) and especially intuitive in WebOS which is so gesture based. Plus, it means you don't need to have the menu up at the bottom as much and you can save screen space for text.

    Thanks for your hard work.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    I just want to echo what an earlier person suggested which is to make a left swipe on the screen go back a chapter and a forward swipe go forward a chapter.

    It is very intuitive (like a book) and especially intuitive in WebOS which is so gesture based. Plus, it means you don't need to have the menu up at the bottom as much and you can save screen space for text.
    I plan to release a Pro version of BibleZ that will include this feature.

    --Stephan
  9. #109  
    Hi again Stephan,

    I didn't get a chance to check when I was trying your app on the Pre in store (I'm in Canada waiting for the Pre 2 to be released on Rogers), but are there any Greek New Testaments and Hebrew OT available on BibleZ?

    Also, I am excited to hear about a Pro version...any hints as to what such a version will include?

    Thanks,
    Brad
  10. #110  
    hi,
    i love bibleZ, and i wonat to include my modules. But i always get an error message, for example
    ------------------
    >>> python /xml/moduleConverter.py /xml/yourModule.xml

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    python /xml/moduleConverter.py /xml/yourModule.xml
    NameError: name 'python' is not defined
    ---------------------
    I use WinXP and python 2.7 for ist. i've even renamed my module to 'yourModule' but i doesn▀t work. Could anyone help me please?
    thanks,
    Steffen
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    ...but are there any Greek New Testaments and Hebrew OT available on BibleZ?
    Yes, there are some Greek Bibles. There would also be some hebrew ones, but webOS doesn't support hebrew letters.

    Best Regards,
    Stephan
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by testorr View Post
    hi,
    i love bibleZ, and i wonat to include my modules. But i always get an error message, for example
    ------------------
    >>> python /xml/moduleConverter.py /xml/yourModule.xml

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    python /xml/moduleConverter.py /xml/yourModule.xml
    NameError: name 'python' is not defined
    ---------------------
    I use WinXP and python 2.7 for ist. i've even renamed my module to 'yourModule' but i doesn▀t work. Could anyone help me please?
    You need to replace python on windows with the path to python.exe.

    Regards,
    Stephan
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Also, I am excited to hear about a Pro version...any hints as to what such a version will include?
    The Pro Version will include commentaries, cross-references, section headlines and many other improvments (search, highlighting, ...)

    Stephan
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefanja
    The Pro Version will include commentaries, cross-references, section headlines and many other improvments (search, highlighting, ...)
    I very much look forward to this.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...
  15.    #115  
    Hi,

    I just want to tell you, that BibleZ Pro is now available in the Web Feed. It will be soon in the App Catalog.

    Get BibleZ Pro

    Check out the following video:
  16. #116  
    Thank you for your wonderful BibleZ app. I installed it tonight on my Pre plus and I see that the Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha Bible is included. I tried twice to install it. However, although the install started successfully, it never finished even though I waited over an hour each time. Any ideas what the problem may be?

    I also found the Jewish Publication Society ATT Bible on the Zefania site. SF_JPS.xml. I downloaded it and ran the module converter on it but that only resulted in three module files instead of four. I copied the three files to the Pre. BibleZ found Module 1 and is trying to install, but it has been trying to import "part 4" for quite a while. I assume that may be because it was not included in the SF_JPS xml file. Any ideas?
  17. #117  
    Hmmm. I left the BibleZ on my nightstand all night still attempting to import Part 4 of the JPS modules. The screen showed it was still trying when I woke up. I restarted and the JPS Bible was installed, although I am not sure it has full functionality. I tried the Jewish Brit... Bible that is listed in the BibleZ once again, but it seemed to hang during the install. After an hour or so I restarted without closing the app. The title now appears in the list of my books but there doesn't seem to be any content.

    Also, what is the default Bible in the app. I often see two sets of quotes, one is from the JPS, what is the other?
  18. #118  
    Zefanja - Thanks for this awesome bible app. I converted my personal (ie copyrighted but purchased by me) to zefania xml from SWORD modules. I am not well versed in python. I have python loaded on my windows laptop but cannot get the moduleConverter.py to execute correctly. I must have the wrong syntax when pointing to my XML files. Can you provide a syntax example for windows?

    Thanks again!
  19. #119  
    What was the syntax you used to prepare your module running the python script?
  20. #120  
    I purchased the Biblez Pro. I like it. I was able to get my sword modules converted and loaded. If I have to replace my Pre will I be able to get this loaded on my new phone? It is not backed up in my Palm Profile since it is not yet in the app catalog. I hope I am wrong about that.

    Another question for Zefanja: Is there a way to remove modules that I've installed?

    Thanks--

    thane777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions