Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Hello,

it seems that I could locate some of the memory leaks. The problem is that you couldn't close a database connection. You can open one but if you don't need this database the webos garbage collection doesn't collect it.

Stephan
    Quote Originally Posted by zefanja View Post
    Hello,

it seems that I could locate some of the memory leaks. The problem is that you couldn't close a database connection. You can open one but if you don't need this database the webos garbage collection doesn't collect it.

Stephan
    Hey, that's great. I look forward to getting a version that I can leave open for longer that a few minutes before I have to close it and reopen it.

Any idea when we might see an update? There is still nothing at the App Catalog! (Do you need a beta tester? )

Are you able to tell us what you have been working on... new features, speed improvements, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    will this app ever give access to NIV and other versions that aren't public domain? I'd happily pay for them. I really miss the Laridian Bible app that I used on my PalmOS devices for the last 8-10 years. It doesn't sound like Laridian is planning to port their apps to webOS...
    Laridian is in conections with the simple bible app devs. and may even open up so you can port over any bible software that was purchased in other platforms like palmos or windows . at least thats what i have heard of anyways.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    My plan for the future is to switch to the sword project and use there modules and commentaries. if the PDK is ready for everyone I want to start to develop a new backend for BibleZ. Maybe there will be a completly new app or just the new backend. What do you think about that?
    By the way, I like this idea very much. There is obviously a wealth of modules available for the Sword Project, including commentaries, dictionaries, maps, etc. I hope you would be able to support them all!

Just make sure that when/if you make the transition, we are able to migrate our personal notes and highlights.
  6.    #86  
    I submitted the upcoming BibleZ Version to the Palm Beta Feed. You won't find it in the App feeds, but here is the link: BibleZ Beta Version. (I just submitted it, so it can take up to 2 hours until you can download it in the AppCatalog)

Please report any bugs you'll find!

Just make sure that when/if you make the transition, we are able to migrate our personal notes and highlights.
    Notes and Bookmarks aren't a problem, but highlights are a bit more tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by zefanja View Post
    I submitted the upcoming BibleZ Version to the Palm Beta Feed. You won't find it in the App feeds, but here is the link: BibleZ Beta Version. (I just submitted it, so it can take up to 2 hours until you can download it in the AppCatalog)

Please report any bugs you'll find!

Notes and Bookmarks aren't a problem, but highlights are a bit more tricky.
    Because this installs as a new app, is there a way to transfer my bookmarks, notes and highlights from the non-beta version (and then back again once you update the non-beta)?

Also, I am not able to instal local modules. I had created them a few days ago using your first version of moduleconverter. Has it changed? I am able to select a module, but once the "spinner" starts, there is no progress and it just sits there.

My original path to the modules included a space in the folder name. I thought that might be a problem, so I renamed it without a space. Now when I try to import a module, it still shows the old path. Is this a display issue or is it looking in the wrong location?

Update: When I originally installed the beta, I had my modules in '/media/internal/BibleZ modules'. I have multiple translations converted into multiple modules, and therefore I renamed them. So for instance I have ampPart(1-4).xml, csbPart(1-4).xml, etc. After selecting one of the Part1.xmls, it seems to sit and spin with no progress. I thought the folder name having a space might be the issue, so I renamed the folder to /media/internal/BibleZ. Now when importing, I get the same results as above, but on the progress page with the "spinner", it still shows the old path '/media/internal/BibleZ, and nothing seems to get installed.

Do the modules have to be named modulePart(1-4).xml?
    Last edited by Ubuntite; 06/01/2010 at 10:45 AM.
  8.    #88  
    There is a new Beta Version available (in the next hours...).

Download
  9.    #89  
    Hello,

in the new beta (0.7.2) I added backup and restore for your bookmarks and notes.

Donwload
    Hi,

I am a Palm Pre owner in Singapore. Due to Palm's restriction, I am unable to download any application from App Store.

Can someone help me to find out if there's a way to download BibleZ installation file so that I can install it like other Homebrew application?

Million thanks
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by lowengkiat@yahoo.com View Post
    Can someone help me to find out if there's a way to download BibleZ installation file so that I can install it like other Homebrew application?
    Check your private messages
    That last update seems to have resolved a lot of the performance issues I was having. Good work.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by GT500.org View Post
    That last update seems to have resolved a lot of the performance issues I was having. Good work.
    Thank you =)
    I'm having problems searching All Books, or the Old Testament. Searching the current book, or the New Testament works fine. I'm using the KJV module. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I'm having problems searching All Books, or the Old Testament. Searching the current book, or the New Testament works fine. I'm using the KJV module. Anyone else?
    It seems to work just fine for me.
    This is very nice app, probably the best of the webOS Bible readers which I've tried, but it seems to share a problem which is common to all webOS Bible readers. When you choose a verse, you can drill down by book and by chapter but you can't go to a specific verse. You have to go to the beginning of a chapter and scroll down. While that might be good for "the majority of users," I don't like it. I want to be able to drill down by book, chapter and verse the way I can in PalmOS readers like OliveTree Biblereader.

Another thing that I don't like is the way Biblez handles bookmarks. When you bookmark a verse and use a bookmark to come back to it; Biblez jumps to bookmark and displays it on the middle of the page instead of at the top, which seems more natural and intuitive to me. But that is not a big deal to me. The bigger deal is the that in order to access the bookmarks, I tap on the star icon which brings up the list of bookmarks. I would much rather see it as a drop down list like the history list which I use less the bookmarks.

My final issue is that I would like to see a module for the Spanish language 1960 Reina Valera version.

Having said all that, I really like this app and am excited to see it.
    I'm downloading my first module now that I've installed your Biblez app. First of all, thank you for the efforts to make this app. I've been trying several different ones and can't quite settle on the one I like best. One problem I have, which is currently an issue with Biblez too, is that I really would like to have a couple of translations and/or paraphrases that aren't free. Reading some of this thread it looks like there is a potential with the Sword project to open up other modules to be used in Biblez, is that true? Could these be ones you have to purchase?

I would be willing to buy the modules I want. I am most interested in the English Standard Version (ESV) and The Message (The Bible in Contemporary Language was created by Eugene H. Peterson and published in segments from 1993 to 2002).

Anyway, other than that, I do like your app, and will give it a go over the next few weeks. I do like the quick way to get to a chapter. I do think it would be good to add a verse selection page too...I too like to tap on the book/chapter title, tap on the book, tap on the chapter, AND tap on the verse. It can take some time to get from one passage to the next if it is a long chapter (Psalm 119, Yikes!) and the verse is near the end.

I've spent 5 minutes using it with the NET module...I'm liking what I see!
    Hi there, I have a Zefania XML version of bible and wish to use it in biblez. According to here I need the moduleconverter.py and execute it in python in order to get the compatible module to import in bible, but i just find the link to the coverter is dead. Does anyone here know where can i get a copy of moduleconverter.py? Thanks!
    I am having the same problem on the zefanjas.de site but I found another copy on the treoCentral web site. I have not used it yet so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I hope this helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20. wxl
    Thanks for this, it's fantastic. Though I have, like many, become accustomed to copyrighted translations like the NIV and The Message, it seems problematic that one should have to pay for the Word, no? In that sense, it's like having it be in a language (ahem, Latin), that only certain people can understand. It's not accessible to all. So, thanks for introducing me to the public domain options out there!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast