webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > BibleZ
BibleZ
Like Tree2Likes

Old 11/24/2011, 11:15 PM   #181 (permalink)

If you are planning on working on a new version of BibleZ Pro for phones that will work on webOS 1.4.5, then let me know. I can beta test.
Old 06/25/2012, 08:28 PM   #182 (permalink)

Hi. I have been using BibleZ HD on my Touchpad for a while now and really like the app!

I recently got a Pre 2 and saw that the app catalog lists both the original BibleZ and BibleZ HD support the Pre 2. I tried installing BibleZ HD on my Pre 2. It installs, and loads, but when I first go into the Module Manager, it says it is downloading the list of available modules, but then just sits there with the spinner spinning away and never seems to complete. I was able to get the regular BilbeZ installed and working. Does the HD version just not work on the Pre 2? (I am running webOS 2.2.4 or the Pre 2.)
NCCaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/2012, 06:22 AM   #183 (permalink)

Sorry to revive an old thread, I have used BibleZ Pro HD on my TouchPad, and used App Tuckerbox to install it on my Pre 3, I'm happy to report, it works just fine!
Old 01/01/2013, 10:57 PM   #184 (permalink)

I was trying to re-download the bibles, but the circle just move and nothing happens. Does anyone has the same problem?
edwineel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2015, 03:32 PM   #185 (permalink)

This is an old thread but I'm hoping a subscriber to it can help me?

I have had to restore my TP after having backed up most things - including the notes from the excellent app BiblezHD Pro. It is my most used app by far so would like to restore it to its former glory.

After installing I have limited number of modules and wondered whether this was an HP issue or a Sword (Scriptural) issue?

How do I resolve the problem and restore my favourite bible and commentary?
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2015, 04:48 PM   #186 (permalink)

Zefanjas.de and zefanjas on twitter, do not if he is still acive here, but he just published Losungen 2015

From twitter:
https://twitter.com/zefanjas/status/551528651955527680
Quote:
@Horzel_webOS no...sry. Why do you ask? Are there questions about one of my webOS apps?

Last edited by horzel; 01/04/2015 at 04:42 AM.
horzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 05:20 AM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
I have had to restore my TP after having backed up most things - including the notes from the excellent app BiblezHD Pro. It is my most used app by far so would like to restore it to its former glory.

After installing I have limited number of modules and wondered whether this was an HP issue or a Sword (Scriptural) issue?
quick question: since BibleZ Pro has been gone from the Catalog for a while now (but is still available through Zefanja's own website), how did you restore it?
Misj' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 09:32 AM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:

How do I resolve the problem and restore my favourite bible and commentary?
Thank you for reporting this. I've fixed the bug. You can download the IPK here. (BibleZ HD)

It's good to hear that there are still webOS users!
zefanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by gazaud, horzel
Old 01/04/2015, 09:58 AM   #189 (permalink)

Hi, thanks for the update.

Edit: deleting and re-installing on my Pre2 fixed my problem, so I'm cleaning up this post.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/04/2015 at 10:33 AM.
Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 03:22 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefanja View Post
I've fixed the bug. You can download the IPK here. (BibleZ HD)
Is there also a patch for the Pro version?
Old 01/04/2015, 05:18 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there also a patch for the Pro version?
Yes, do you use BibleZ Pro? If yes, just write me an eMail and I'll send you the file.
zefanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2015, 05:41 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, do you use BibleZ Pro? If yes, just write me an eMail and I'll send you the file.
is it still the same email address (read: did you get my mail yesterday ;-) )?
Old 01/09/2015, 06:03 AM   #193 (permalink)

I've been having a problem with BibleZ HD Pro lately, getting a blank white box when editing notes, opening bookmarks or trying to search. Lumberjack shows "uncaught typeerror: cannot read properly 'clientHeight' of null, file://media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.zefanjas/biblezhdpro/source/widget.js:177"
I wind up doing multiple resets, closing and reopening the app before it will properly work. What does this mean?
Today it won't work at all, no matter how many times I reset my Pre3......
I removed and reinstalled the app, bookmarks opened fine, when I used Save/Restore to replace my bookmarks & notes, no bookmarks, same error in Lumberjack.

Last edited by broncot; 01/09/2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: totally not working now....
broncot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2015, 11:44 AM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
I've been having a problem with BibleZ HD Pro lately, getting a blank white box when editing notes, opening bookmarks or trying to search. Lumberjack shows "uncaught typeerror: cannot read properly 'clientHeight' of null, file://media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.zefanjas/biblezhdpro/source/widget.js:177"
I wind up doing multiple resets, closing and reopening the app before it will properly work. What does this mean?
Today it won't work at all, no matter how many times I reset my Pre3......
I removed and reinstalled the app, bookmarks opened fine, when I used Save/Restore to replace my bookmarks & notes, no bookmarks, same error in Lumberjack.
You can restore the notes from within the app if you have previously backed up from within the app.

Contact Stephan via the link above and, if you've purchased the Pro edition he'll send you the link/file to the modified/updated version.
Old 01/09/2015, 03:18 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
You can restore the notes from within the app if you have previously backed up from within the app.

Contact Stephan via the link above and, if you've purchased the Pro edition he'll send you the link/file to the modified/updated version.
I've never been able to get the backup/restore within the app to work, I've emailed Stephen about that issue a bunch.
I emailed him about it, wasn't sure if some debugger might recognize the error.
Thanks
Old 01/15/2015, 06:33 AM   #196 (permalink)

No response from Stephan, has anyone been able to use the apps backup? It doesn't work for me on my Pre3 or my TouchPad, it just spins and spins, never putting anything in the media/internal/BibleZ folder.
Old 01/15/2015, 06:49 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW: Today I added support for importing local modules! I will test this a little bit and hope that it will work for everyone. Before you import your own modules you have to prepare them. I wrote a python script that does this for you. Maybe someone want to write a little GUI for that (you have to convert only OT+NT modules, NT Modules are small enough to work without this converter).

The syntax is: python moduleConverter.py path/to/yourModule.xml

Currently there is an update on the way to your webOS phone that will have a nice Copy & Share function.
Hi zefanja

I found your bible app a week ago and it's really great.
I've got this new translation of my bible in epub format, and I'm trying to convert it so I can read it in BibleZ.
How ever I don't understand how to get from epub to a module I can load into the app???

I read in your post (#180) that first the epub should be converted to xml and then from xml to a sword modul.
I have tried to understand what goes on here File Formats - CrossWire Bible Society but thats way over my head.

Can you please point me in the right direction, and then I will give it a try again.
Thanks.

Martin :-)

...by the way I'm using Linux Mint and I'm not afraid of the terminal!!! :-D
martinjochimsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2015, 03:05 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
No response from Stephan, has anyone been able to use the apps backup? It doesn't work for me on my Pre3 or my TouchPad, it just spins and spins, never putting anything in the media/internal/BibleZ folder.

Within BibleZ there is a backup feature. Why not use that?
Old 01/17/2015, 03:16 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Within BibleZ there is a backup feature. Why not use that?
A few posts back he said he had not been able to get the backup feature in the app to work.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2015, 04:54 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
A few posts back he said he had not been able to get the backup feature in the app to work.
Correct. I tried BibleZ HD instead of HD Pro and that is working much better on my Pre 3. I miss the ability to search my notes, but that's the only difference I see for my use.
BibleZ HD Backup works, it makes the three files-notes, bookmarks and highlights, but Restore doesn't work, it brings up a blank screen, Lumberjack says [2015-01-17 22:53:16] (BibleZ HD) Not allowed to load local resource: file:///usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/FilePicker/filepicker.html?enyoWindowParams=%7B%22extensions%22%3A%5B%22json%22%5D%2C%22allowMultiSelect%22%3At rue%2C%22fileTypes%22%3A%5B%22document%22%5D%7D, :0
I did create a Save/Restore script for it which does work though.

Tags
bible, gods word, zefania

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0