Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    Found it in WOSQI, although I couldn't see it in Preware in the List of Everything. I haven't changed the default config on which feeds I see in Preware, so dunno why it didn't show there. But it shows now.

And I must say OMGEE as to the speed at which Preware loads w/overclocking.

Thanks Jason! Off to donate!
    Maybe preware is loading faster because you do not have it set to update feeds at start up? Try updating feeds and see if its listed. I see JsTop listed in preware under system utilities.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    I seem to be getting the "Too many cards" error 3 - 4 times a day now. I'm checking Preware "Everything" list and not seeing JStop in there. Can someone confirm they still see it for install? Not seeing any indication it was pulled but I can't find it. TIA.
    There's no way I would pull JsTop without notifying everyone on the planet first . That said, I'm working on some improvements, such as app kill suggestion. I will probably not do any autokilling powers, because there's just way too many factors to choose from and say "this is the worst".
    +1
    So I just downloaded jstop to stop my too many cards errors on my sprint pre. I have the garbage collection on. I settled down to listen to the palm cast on Dr. Podder, started playing and bam! Too many cards, with only Dr. Podder open!

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't jstop take care of the too many cards errors? Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    So I just downloaded jstop to stop my too many cards errors on my sprint pre. I have the garbage collection on. I settled down to listen to the palm cast on Dr. Podder, started playing and bam! Too many cards, with only Dr. Podder open!

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't jstop take care of the too many cards errors? Thanks for the help!
    That's because JStop doesn't stop the too many cards error. It was never built to do that, nor does it advertise that it does that. The idea that JStop fixes (or even reduces) the too many cards error is mainly urban legend. JStop is a cool task manager, but it's not a "fix" for any specific problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    There's no way I would pull JsTop without notifying everyone on the planet first . That said, I'm working on some improvements, such as app kill suggestion. I will probably not do any autokilling powers, because there's just way too many factors to choose from and say "this is the worst".
    Thank you for JSTop! I don't need it often, but it seems to be helping me recover sooner once I get the TMC error. Still learning what I can kill, but it makes it pretty easy to see things I don't need.

Had not turned on auto GC, but did it today and will see how that goes.

Thanks, A.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Just a quick question to clarify the auto GC... the application has to be open for this to occur, right?

Thanks!
  8.    #168  
    Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm actually being employed by Palm this summer in an internship, so updates to JsTop might be few and far between, if they occur at all. Mostly due to NDAs and no time for other activities. If anyone wants to take up the torch, I wish you the best of luck. My code is free to modify and branch on webos-internals, so do so if you wish. Thanks to all of you for making this application hit the Home Brew Hot Apps leader board, and for all the support I've received. Palm is full of great people, and I'm sure I'll have fun making all your phones work better .
  9. Evansgw
    I suffered from TMC for too long, downloaded JsTop and never really used, partly because I didn't read the instructions and killed the systemui and had to restart... I thought it was useless... and then today, I looked at JsTop again and noticed the autoGC, I enabled it and went to play Settlers. While playing autoGC kept popping up in the notification (now disabled), this annoyed me, so I actually went to find out what it meant. Now, I am happy to report that I have just opened JsTop along with Settlers, Facebook, Pandora and YouTube. I wanted to test how well it worked, I didn't have TMC for a while, but it did come but I think the autoGC function cleaned it up.

Great app. Thanks, enjoy your internship at Palm, I hope it becomes a full time job.
    I've downloaded it and noticed the "Auto GC" thing light up the screen every couple of minutes..............

Would I be right in assuming this causes battery rapage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    I've downloaded it and noticed the "Auto GC" thing light up the screen every couple of minutes..............

Would I be right in assuming this causes battery rapage?
    You must disable the notifications from Jstop
    I have a BORKBROKEN line in my JStop. The appid URL is

file://media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.drnull.drprodder-hb/index.html.

Does this mean I may need to get rid of Dr. Prodder?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm actually being employed by Palm this summer in an internship <snip>
    Congrats! Hope you have fun!
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    I have a BORKBROKEN line in my JStop. The appid URL is

file://media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.drnull.drprodder-hb/index.html.

Does this mean I may need to get rid of Dr. Prodder?
    No you're fine, that's actually a bug on my end. Probably that dash there in drpodder-hb. Thanks for the report.
    Just an FYI... not sure if it means anything or not. Every time I run one of the Moblyng games there are two listings per app (such as "Pre.Mafia", "Pre.Mracing" and "Webos.Mzo.."). When I close down one of them I get two BORKBROKEN listings per game. If you let it sit for a few the two go away. Does this mean there is an issue with those apps or is it just SOP for unloading/finalizing something on these games?
    Hi! Here's a report on one of "BORKBROKEN" apps...

More info gives:

Code:
    appId:URL:
    http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=851128
    I'd say it has something to do with the Weather Dashboard Lite app that I'm using, even though this app (appId: com.supergigamega.weatherdashlite) has two of its own separate processes, nicely named.

And thank you very much for such a great app!
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
  17.    #177  
    Released 0.2.5 last night.
    Changes:
    • Back swipe to unfilter
    • No more borked
    • Cleanup of the bindings
    • Calls gc twice per "garbage collect" call.

The GC is called twice because v8 doesn't trim out the pointers into the jsheap of compacted cells on the first round, so the second one takes care of it.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    • Back swipe to unfilter
    Nice UI addition.
    Is 0.2.5 in the feeds yet (by your note, it would seem so...) I have Preware 1.2.6 with auto update feed each launch, but the most current JSTOP showing is 0.2.4 (3/15/2010 1:18AM). What am I doing wrong?
    I am getting a lot of borkbroken notices. How can I tell which app it is?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast