Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I think i found a small bug with JsTop...

Whenever you launch the app, the new dropdown menu always shows options to "disable notifications" and "Disable Auto GC". However, if I were to select "Disable Notifications" (so it shows "Enable Notifications"), close the App and then relaunch, it reverts back to the option to Disable Notifications even though it appears that Notifications are already disabled. In fact, if I were to click "Disable Notifications" right after that re-launch, the dropdown will still show "Disable Notifications" until I click on it a 2nd time... does that make sense?

So, just a minor bug, but I wanted to make sure to report it
    Oh cool, good catch! I'm not initializing the menu right from the cookie. Fixing.
  2.    #142  
    With thanks to Audemars02, JSTop 0.2.3 pushed.
    Fixed bug in the menu regarding notifications.
    Should be out in the catalog within a half hour.
    I am new to Jstop and curious to know what is the difference between the garbage collect in Jstop and how does it differ from doing a java restart in Luna Manager? I appreciate the info and thank you.
    I downloaded the newest version of JSTOP, but I never really used it that much.

I went the WebOS Internals Page and read the Summary info.

There was a line that stated if we saw the BORKED in the list to send you the url.

I think that's what you wanted us to do, I think there was a spelling error in the description the word 'my' I think you meant to say 'me'.

Anyway, I didn't see a link to send your the info and also when I tapped 'more info' it just said 'about:blank'

But I had just rebooted the Pre (I think Jstop did the reboot, not me personally).

Anyway, after about 5 minutes, it disappeared on it's own.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I downloaded the newest version of JSTOP, but I never really used it that much.

I went the WebOS Internals Page and read the Summary info.

There was a line that stated if we saw the BORKED in the list to send you the url.

I think that's what you wanted us to do, I think there was a spelling error in the description the word 'my' I think you meant to say 'me'.

Anyway, I didn't see a link to send your the info and also when I tapped 'more info' it just said 'about:blank'

But I had just rebooted the Pre (I think Jstop did the reboot, not me personally).

Anyway, after about 5 minutes, it disappeared on it's own.

Rob
    Ah yeah sorry about that. I'm fairly sure that the about:blank ones are from the banner popups that sometimes occur (or would occur if some certain events occur). I'm going to remove looking for about:blank because it serves no purpose to freak people out over a minor thing.
    @azakus,

Excellent little tool. Palm should be supplying this, but I'm glad you stepped up.

Is there anywhere we can donate to the cause?

Thanks,
    B
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    When I open this app up, am I supposed to see 2 entries for Systemui (both orange), and 2 entries for Jstop (both black)?

Let me update that I am getting multiple similar colored entries for one app being open (like browser). I've tried reading up on all of this but am not getting it.
    Last edited by tonyb81; 03/24/2010 at 10:12 AM.
    I am getting the same thing
    OK, I do not understand. I have read every page here on this thread and my 4 day old pre is doing the "too many cards" thingy.

I think I understand that if I want it to stop, I need to put JsTop on my phone right?

Problem, I have looked everywhere for the "app" including the wiki page but have no idea how to actually get it on my phone. Thats all I want to know.... maybe.
    Last edited by tcoaguy; 03/26/2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typoes (sp)
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcoaguy View Post
    OK, I do not understand. I have read every page here on this thread and my 4 day old pre is doing the "too many cards" thingy.

I think I understand that if I want it to stop, I need to put JsTop on my phone right?

Problem, I have looked everywhere for the "app" including the wiki page but have no idea how to actually get it on my phone. Thats all I want to know.... maybe.
    It is a homebrew app and must be installe via webos quick install or preware.

see preware.org for installation instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcoaguy View Post

I don't think just running JSTop will fix the "too many cards" error. If you can recognize some processes that you'd like to kill, and delete them, then that might free up some resources so you can run other apps ... but it's a manual process and you have to have some idea what you're doing.

The simpler (brute force) approach is to grab the Luna Manager app (also Homebrew) and do a "Restart Luna". This is a relatively quick and easy reboot. Doing this periodically will keep the phone running much smoother and avoid "too many cards". And I think there's also an app where you schedule this to be done automatically (like in the middle of the night).
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I don't think just running JSTop will fix the "too many cards" error. If you can recognize some processes that you'd like to kill, and delete them, then that might free up some resources so you can run other apps ... but it's a manual process and you have to have some idea what you're doing.

The simpler (brute force) approach is to grab the Luna Manager app (also Homebrew) and do a "Restart Luna". This is a relatively quick and easy reboot. Doing this periodically will keep the phone running much smoother and avoid "too many cards". And I think there's also an app where you schedule this to be done automatically (like in the middle of the night).
    Cool. Or you can also use the Orange+Sym+R to do a luna restart.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Running JsTop in automatic garbage collection mode has helped some people with the "too many cards" error (I'm in that list). It depends on your app mix/usage... YMMV.

The "other" app (Preset Reset, by Jason Robataille) doesn't do Luna restarts (I've requested this), it reboots the phone. A Luna restart is like logging out of your desktop and back in, without rebooting.

HTH,
    -Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post

Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Cool. Or you can also use the Orange+Sym+R to do a luna restart.
    That key combination reboots the phone, it does not (only) do a Luna restart. I haven't timed it lately, but a Luna restart probably takes less than half the time, as compared to a full reboot.

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Thanks all, I did the reboot, and no problem 3 days later!
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    JSTop is an application for monitoring WebOS application memory and cpu usage.
    It is listed in Preware, and is licensed using the BSD license.
    Official Wiki
    Git Repo
    Leave questions, comments, and suggestions below.
    I'm also available in the #webos-internals channel on freenode as azakus.

Azakus,

Any chance a future release could let the user pick the interval for Auto GC?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Excellent little tool. Thanks for working on it.

I just went in to look at my open apps, etc, and I noticed that it shows the Camera open, Phone (twice), and contacts. However, I have none of those apps open.

Is this right? Am I mis-reading something?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    Excellent little tool. Thanks for working on it.

I just went in to look at my open apps, etc, and I noticed that it shows the Camera open, Phone (twice), and contacts. However, I have none of those apps open.

Is this right? Am I mis-reading something?

Thanks
    No, you're not mis-reading anything. WebOS/Luna keeps those open in the background for faster access.

It would be nice to have some way to control what stays loaded. I don't need the camera module eating up my memory. Though my Canon T1i does weigh a bit more than my Pre, it does NOT slow down my phone...

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Last edited by JerryG; 04/07/2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    I seem to be getting the "Too many cards" error 3 - 4 times a day now. I'm checking Preware "Everything" list and not seeing JStop in there. Can someone confirm they still see it for install? Not seeing any indication it was pulled but I can't find it. TIA.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Found it in WOSQI, although I couldn't see it in Preware in the List of Everything. I haven't changed the default config on which feeds I see in Preware, so dunno why it didn't show there. But it shows now.

And I must say OMGEE as to the speed at which Preware loads w/overclocking.

Thanks Jason! Off to donate!
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast