Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by drnull View Post
    Applications with a hyphen aren't being picked up properly. Am I the only one who has done this? (drpodder-hb).

One quick change makes this work fine, just add in the hyphen in Top-assistant.jsjsjs $line$ $298$:
    Code:
    var namePid = /([\w\.-]+)\s(\d+)/.exec(app.appId);
    Thanks!
    DONE!
    JSTop v0.1.1 released. I have yet to make it autoGC in the dashboard, but that is coming soon.
    drnull: var namePid = /([\S]+)\s(\d+)/.exec(app.appId) now
    Would it be possible to have JSTOP make a suggestion on stuff to kill. IE I want to play NFL 2010, but get the too many cards error, could JSTOP see that happened and reccomend killing x and x?

It would be great if sorry too many cards was replaced with " you must close....to open..."
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Would it be possible to have JSTOP make a suggestion on stuff to kill. IE I want to play NFL 2010, but get the too many cards error, could JSTOP see that happened and reccomend killing x and x?

It would be great if sorry too many cards was replaced with " you must close....to open..."
    I'll see if I can implement that. The problem is that PDK apps don't show up in the list of apps I can see, so if that's the memory hog, I can't suggest it. I'll see what I can do though.
    i just downloaded the newest version of JSTop from Preware (0.1.1). In the change log, @azakus notes that if you see a "BORKED", that is bad.

Well...

jstop_2010-04-03_220043.png

thoughts? comments? "what does it all mean?"

EDIT:
    so after a Luna restart (not intentional) the BORKED went away...

i am still curious as to what the BORKED means/represents
    Last edited by coveredwagonkid; 03/04/2010 at 09:13 PM.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    i just downloaded the newest version of JSTop from Preware (0.1.1). In the change log, @azakus notes that if you see a "BORKED", that is bad.

Well...

jstop_2010-04-03_220043.png

thoughts? comments? "what does it all mean?"
    What apps did you have open? Can you tell me what the application is that shows BORKED?
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    What apps did you have open? Can you tell me what the application is that shows BORKED?
    i think i had tweed, preware, email, and jstop open at the time. i think the BORKED may have come from the email app, and when i clicked on the developer info in Preware (to get you email) it brought up the "Add Accounts" dialogue, which seemed odd since i've used the email app since webos 1.4
    my borked popped up with jstop and m:zombies open.

did you just uncover something regarding the email accounts bug?

Could there be a problem in the email that is responsible for the accounts page coming up and jstop sees it as borked? interesting....

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Does anybody know what the process "Palm.Pre" is?

I'm getting the "too many cards" error, and according to JStop, the biggest memory user is this process.

Next biggest is "Launcher". Why does it need so much memory???
    I love the app, and the auto garbage collection.. But I wonder if it's possible to disable the notification that it's running the GC .. It keeps waking up my Pre when I would rather just keep the screen off!

thanks!

EDIT: Looks like this was just implemented! Thnx!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 03/07/2010 at 09:50 PM.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I love the app, and the auto garbage collection.. But I wonder if it's possible to disable the notification that it's running the GC .. It keeps waking up my Pre when I would rather just keep the screen off!

thanks!
    JSTop v0.2.1 has just this feature!
    To all: JSTop v0.2.1 has been released! New features: TRUE AUTO GC.
    Also, optional notifications of said auto gc, and a "More info" ability to see the actual appId and url of an application by tapping on the app in filtered mode (or just double tap it twice from normal). Changes: Unfiltering the process list has moved to the menu.
    does this fix the selected item unable to return to list issue?

13.    #113  
    does this fix the selected item unable to return to list issue?
    Yes, now this is in the menu. Forward swipe is dead, and back swipe won't stop propagating to put the app in card view. So I added an "Unfilter List" item in the menu.
    Yes, now this is in the menu. Forward swipe is dead, and back swipe won't stop propagating to put the app in card view. So I added an "Unfilter List" item in the menu.
    awesome!

I don't know if there is an meta? data on battery usage, but wouldn't it be nice if each "process" gave us an approximate percentage of battery useage per hour?

15.    #115  
    awesome!

I don't know if there is an meta? data on battery usage, but wouldn't it be nice if each "process" gave us an approximate percentage of battery useage per hour?
    Yeah, that would be nice, but trying to actually tie down applications to cpu usage is incredibly hard because Luna doesn't keep track of this.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    How yo you actually kill this app. It seems to be persistent. I rebooted. and its still garbage collecting......Can you add a feature to disable and kill the app. I see multiple copies of the app running in JStop
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    How yo you actually kill this app. It seems to be persistent. I rebooted. and its still garbage collecting......Can you add a feature to disable and kill the app. I see multiple copies of the app running in JStop
    Just disable auto GC. It's in the menu.
    Yeah, that would be nice, but trying to actually tie down applications to cpu usage is incredibly hard because Luna doesn't keep track of this.
    yeah I figured it would be hard. Maybe a custom service to collect the data? Im no programmer, I'm the idea guy

I guess palm was thinking, who would need that? The 1150 battery is more than big enough....... they were wrong.

when u disable notifications....it still shows as notifications r enabled but its actually gone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i got a borkbroken but it didn't have an appid or url i only had weather dashboard open other than JSTop i was trying to close everything to play assassins creed
    Attached Images Attached Images