Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 207
Like Tree1Likes
  1. sjlee's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Well I try to explain. Not sure if it's what you meant...

    Zombie Processes are "Childprocesses" executed from "Parentprocesses". Those "Childprocesses" have been finished and don't need anymore resources. But the "Parentprocess" needs to know if the "Childprocesses" finished correctly or had an error. That's why zombies remain in the process table. Don't worry about them !
    I disagree... I think you do need to worry about them. I've noticed that over time that I'll have many Zombie processes running as well as increased memory usage even though no apps are running. It requires me to restart my phone to remove the Zombie processes as well as free up the memory.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
    I disagree... I think you do need to worry about them. I've noticed that over time that I'll have many Zombie processes running as well as increased memory usage even though no apps are running. It requires me to restart my phone to remove the Zombie processes as well as free up the memory.
    No you must believe me. Since Jstop doesn't show all processes there must be something in the background. Zombie Process won't use any resources!! They are dead as the name says. Please use wikipedia to fresh up your knowledge. It's a common thing in the linux world.
    I believe that there are some daemons (which are not shown by jstop (why?)) that use some memory but and please be sure that are not the zombies !

    And also please remember that WebOS is only a Window Manager running on a Linux OS. So even if you have no cards open there are apps running in background. What we need is a WebOS Gui for top (linux command line taskmanager). Combined with Jstop That would be awesome.
  3.    #83  
    Fixed this jstop problem:
    It turns out that any app with "jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $id$ $will$ $have$ $CSS$ $disabled$ $now$.
    Renaming my app to Top makes it work again.
    Not sure how to resolve this with Preware yet, but at least the bug isn't in MY code. :P
    I'll update everybody when the fixed version comes out.
    Forums webOS • View topic - WebOS 1.4 disabled CSS for my vendor name!
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    Fixed this jstop problem:
    It turns out that any app with "jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $id$ $will$ $have$ $CSS$ $disabled$ $now$.
    Renaming my app to Top makes it work again.
    Not sure how to resolve this with Preware yet, but at least the bug isn't in MY code. :P
    I'll update everybody when the fixed version comes out.
    Forums webOS • View topic - WebOS 1.4 disabled CSS for my vendor name!
    Just changed my id for preStop and the only problem there was that if you don't uninstall the prev version you would have two preStop apps. So perhaps we only need to uninstall the old one and install the new and done .
  5. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    Fixed this jstop problem:
    It turns out that any app with "jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $id$ $will$ $have$ $CSS$ $disabled$ $now$.
    Renaming my app to Top makes it work again.
    Not sure how to resolve this with Preware yet, but at least the bug isn't in MY code. :P
    I'll update everybody when the fixed version comes out.
    Forums webOS • View topic - WebOS 1.4 disabled CSS for my vendor name!
    Is it just the id or the path name as well? I just hand edited appinfo.json
    and app/assistants/Top-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $replaced$ $every$ $instance$ $of$ &$quot$;$jstop$&$quot$;
    with "top" and renamed the top level directory as well. I left the app
    name itself alone. Seems to work fine now.

    ian
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Is it just the id or the path name as well? I just hand edited appinfo.json
    and app/assistants/Top-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $replaced$ $every$ $instance$ $of$ &$quot$;$jstop$&$quot$;
    with "top" and renamed the top level directory as well. I left the app
    name itself alone. Seems to work fine now.

    ian
    The appId is the problem.
  7.    #87  
    Ok, I've made the necessary fixes for 1.4.0. JSTop 0.1.0 should be out within the hour!
  8. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    Ok, I've made the necessary fixes for 1.4.0. JSTop 0.1.0 should be out within the hour!
    Thanks for the fix.

    I seem to be using less memory and have fewer processes running. Did the zombies get buried :?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by azakus View Post
    Ok, I've made the necessary fixes for 1.4.0. JSTop 0.1.0 should be out within the hour!
    Booted up Preware and your update for JsTop was there, updated and your app is working great,

    Thankyou very much!
  10. #90  
    Who said dont worry about Zombie Processes? Sure they are slow, can't use weapons and rot more and more each day, but go ahead and let one bite you, go ahead I dare ya. Now did you want me to use the shotgun or just lop off the whole head when your done playing ghoul?

    Sorry, couldnt resist. I like Zombies.

    Now to the serious, Is it just me or is it difficult to go back to the home screen once you click a process? I cant swipe back... it just minimizes the card.... I must be doing it wrong, but I get stuck on the one process!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  11. #91  
    dbl post for the win!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #92  
    Is there a way to modify this app to have an option to run in the dashboard? This way it will continue to auto garbage collect and the card does not have to be open. There will be a notification in the dashboard.

    Just a though....Ths app has saved me a few time when I really need make a call and got the "too many cards" bull.
  13. #93  
    im concerned about that though, wouldnt it be using memory thus adding to the problem?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Is there a way to modify this app to have an option to run in the dashboard? This way it will continue to auto garbage collect and the card does not have to be open. There will be a notification in the dashboard.

    Just a though....Ths app has saved me a few time when I really need make a call and got the "too many cards" bull.
    azakus answered this on page 4:

    "Answered this in a PM, but I'll paste it here as well. Currenly, jstop needs to be running to auto GC. Version 0.1.0 will bring real background garbage collection as soon as I'm done working on it (sort of waiting for 1.4 to come out so I can fix any API changes all at once)."
  15. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Now to the serious, Is it just me or is it difficult to go back to the home screen once you click a process? I cant swipe back... it just minimizes the card.... I must be doing it wrong, but I get stuck on the one process!!
    I noticed the same thing. I never do it on purpose because it doesn't
    show any useful information, but if I tap on a process by accident
    I have to close the app and relaunch to get the full list again. I've
    found no way to go back.

    ian
  16. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I never do it on purpose because it doesn't
    show any useful information, but if I tap on a process by accident
    I have to close the app and relaunch to get the full list again. I've
    found no way to go back.
    azakus has stated previously that you need to use the forward gesture to go back... ...it's a bug.

    I believe he's trying to fix this.

    Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  17. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #97  
    Forward gesture does not appear to work any better than back.

    ian
  18. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I never do it on purpose because it doesn't
    show any useful information, but if I tap on a process by accident
    I have to close the app and relaunch to get the full list again. I've
    found no way to go back.
    Right you are... ARGH!!! It's broken again. Palm, you really done did it, this time!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  19. sjlee's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    No you must believe me. Since Jstop doesn't show all processes there must be something in the background. Zombie Process won't use any resources!! They are dead as the name says. Please use wikipedia to fresh up your knowledge. It's a common thing in the linux world.
    I believe that there are some daemons (which are not shown by jstop (why?)) that use some memory but and please be sure that are not the zombies !

    And also please remember that WebOS is only a Window Manager running on a Linux OS. So even if you have no cards open there are apps running in background. What we need is a WebOS Gui for top (linux command line taskmanager). Combined with Jstop That would be awesome.
    Your statements only apply if what JsTop is identifying as "Zombie" processes are actually that. Previously, JsTop showed "Anon" processes. After a version updated, it changed the wording to "Zombie". Now they don't even show up at all. It still doesn't mean that there aren't orphaned processes running and using resources.

    How else do you explain when the phone tells you that you have to close cards because you're out of resources, but yet you have none open?
  20. drnull's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #100  
    Applications with a hyphen aren't being picked up properly. Am I the only one who has done this? (drpodder-hb).

    One quick change makes this work fine, just add in the hyphen in Top-assistant.jsjsjs $line$ $298$:
    Code:
    var namePid = /([\w\.-]+)\s(\d+)/.exec(app.appId);
    Thanks!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions