Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WebOSJournal is a WebOS client for LiveJournal. It allows posting as well as viewing your friends list and replying to posts and comments!
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It stalls during "loading posts" with the progress bar at 50%
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    It stalls during "loading posts" with the progress bar at 50%
    Hmm - does it happen if you reduce the number of posts shown to 5 or 10?
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I removed it again. I wasn't aware that I could change anything. It does it everytime I start the app. The first time I had to enter my account details obviously.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I removed it again. I wasn't aware that I could change anything. It does it everytime I start the app. The first time I had to enter my account details obviously.
    Yeah, it will log you in automatically. If you're fast perhaps you could pull down the app menu and go to preferences before it happens (or you could reinstall). I need a better way to detect problems...

Sorry about the trouble - my best guess is that there's some post in your friends list that it's having trouble parsing, but it's hard to debug unless I can narrow it down and take a look at it...
    A couple of bugs. If these bugs are resolved I will gladly donate some.

1. When you load the post, it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the post. This is annoying because you have to scroll back up to read the the post! It is especially maddening on longer posts.

2. Any images inlined in the post will load full size, so you have to scroll in all directions to see them. The right way would be to display them resized to screen-width, and being able to tap them to save them to Photos.

3. As mentioned above the progress bar frequently gets stuck when loading. At the very least there should be a "reload" button that cancels and tries again.

This is awesome and I'm very happy to see an LJ client coming along for WebOS.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the feedback! All good ideas - I'll get to work on these hopefully within the week.
    Drat, I missed this. Can't wait to try it out once you've fixed it again. This is the last app I'm waiting for and I will have everything my Treo had on it, and then some!
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eryntzun View Post
    Drat, I missed this. Can't wait to try it out once you've fixed it again. This is the last app I'm waiting for and I will have everything my Treo had on it, and then some!
    Are you having any problems in particular? It works pretty well on my Pre - I've never seen the hanging progress bar for myself, sadly...
    I'm really glad to see an LJ client!

A couple suggestions:
    a) I'd love to see, on posts in communities, not only the name of the user posting, but to which community they are posting to.

b) either a smaller font-size for the subject lines, or wrap the subject lines to multiple lines (or both?) (out of 50 posts, I think only 3 had subject lines that fit in the line on the screen)

Otherwise, this app looks like it has a tonne of potential!
    My main problem is that I can't seem to post in communities, it seems to post but really it just hangs until I shut the program down. Switching icons or moods often takes a few tries, and the box you type in doesn't extend when you go beyond a couple of sentences.

Other than that, it's a lot nicer than the one made for the Treo IF you could post pictures, which I see is already on your to-do list.
    Eryn Tzun
    tzun.com
    I'm just an ignorant warrior who believes that love means you're willing to fight and die for your fellow living beings.
  12.    #12  
    Just pushed version 0.4.1 which sorta fixes a few problems:
    - now when you click on posts, it will scroll to the top (but in a distracting manner...will try to fix it later)
    - now if you tap anywhere on the screen when it's loading posts, it will try to cancel. I'm not sure if this will work when it hangs because I can't make that happen over here...
  13.    #13  
    Version 0.4.2 has a few minor improvements:
    - shows the community a post is in
    - subject lines are in smaller text so more will fit on the postlist screen
    - the content box for making a post now expands if you overflow it.

Sorry all of this is so piecemeal - free time is a little hard to come by this time of year :-)
    looking good!

Another couple suggestions/requests

Being able to go back x number of posts (based on the prefrences on viewing.... i.e. back a page/forward a page)

Also, the ability to use the custom groups that are already created on LJ to filter what is viewed would be awesome, too.

Keep up the great work!
  15.    #15  
    Just pushed version 0.4.3:
    - New option under "properties" that lets you post to a community you have access to. If someone could try this and verify that it works, that would be great :-)
    I am thrilled you are working on this program! I'd love to use this app instead of the new m.livejournal.com which I hate, but it just doesn't seem to work right now.

Both my husband's copy (v.0.4.1) and my copy (v.0.4.3) hangs about 98% of the time while loading posts, even if it's set to only load 5 posts. His hangs with the progress bar at between 30% - 50%; mine hangs at about 30%, even when opening different accounts with completely different posts & sets of friends.

If there's anything we can do to help you figure out what might cause the hanging problem, please let me know! Thanks again for working on it; hope to be able to get it working on my pre soon.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by alsatia View Post
    Both my husband's copy (v.0.4.1) and my copy (v.0.4.3) hangs about 98% of the time while loading posts, even if it's set to only load 5 posts. His hangs with the progress bar at between 30% - 50%; mine hangs at about 30%, even when opening different accounts with completely different posts & sets of friends.

If there's anything we can do to help you figure out what might cause the hanging problem, please let me know! Thanks again for working on it; hope to be able to get it working on my pre soon.
    Interesting - if you'd be willing to send me your livejournal account name and password, I'd be happy to take a look. This would help a lot since I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on the emulator or my Pre. (I'd recommend changing your password before sending it to me) Feel free to contact me at greg.stoll@gmail.com.

Thanks!
  18.    #18  
    Version 0.4.5 just went live:
    - now can detect when old posts have new comments and will reload them automatically

This functionality is a little experimental, so please let me know if you have problems with it. Thanks!
    I notice it sometimes takes a long time to load in all the posts.

Is there a way you can background load the posts so we can start reading the newest post right away and have it load more while you are reading?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I somehow got it working. Set the post amount to 5. Still something weird happening. One post post load (failed to get post) and it states that the post is 2048 weeks old, while it isn't. But, I can now use it to some extent, and that's great!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast