Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    zorinlynx - That's an interesting idea - I can mock up something to try it, but my guess is that just scrolling through the post list would be extremely slow and stuttery while the posts are loading.
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    The latest update breaks the app completely. It now just hangs at "Loading posts...".
  3.    #23  
    New version 0.5.0 with some exciting new features!
    - new posts and posts that have new comments since the last update have a "new" icon
    - there is a preference (set by default) to disable the scrim while loading
    - there is a preference (set by default) to put the content of the post in the main list. I'm honestly not a huge fan of this, but I'll probably leave it in - what do y'all think?
    - the main list now shows the whole title of the post (without truncating)

I might be able to reproduce the whole hanging while loading (although this is less of an issue when the scrim is gone) so hopefully I can fix that soon...
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    The latest update breaks the app completely. It now just hangs at "Loading posts...".
    So are you running version 0.5.0? Is the scrim still showing when you load the posts?
  5.    #25  
    Oh, it's also possible that you picked up a bad build I had up for a brief time. Try deleting the app and reinstalling...sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    Oh, it's also possible that you picked up a bad build I had up for a brief time. Try deleting the app and reinstalling...sorry!
    Deleted, reinstalled, still hanging at Loading Posts. No scrim in sight.
  7.    #27  
    Deleted, reinstalled, still hanging at Loading Posts. No scrim in sight.
    Yuck. So the progress bar never goes anywhere, and the list never gets populated?
    This version is loading posts for me.

A couple of questions/suggestions...

-- Can the app support your "default" friends list rather than showing all friends? I watch some communities, mostly so I can find them easily to read occasionally, but they aren't in my default list. I'd rather not have their posts show up.

-- Once you select 25, 50, or however many posts, is there a way to get the app to load more, like the twitter apps do? Basically to go back further.

Thanks!
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
  9.    #29  
    Just posted version 0.5.1:
    - Fixed a few bugs with loading posts - hopefully this will fix zorinlynx's issues (please let me know!)
    - Fixed a bug with determining the number of comments on a post (would show 0 instead of the actual number)
    - Added an offline mode - now you can view the cached posts even when the phone is in Airplane mode, etc.
  10.    #30  
    Posted version 0.5.2, which will actually install unlike 0.5.1. Sorry about that!
  11.    #31  
    I'm planning future features: is anyone interested in posting photos from your phone? If so, would you want to store them in Scrapbook/FotoBilder, or would just the ability to post an image from an arbitrary URL be OK?
    Mostly I'm interested in being able to go back further than however many number of posts you load and having the app use my default friends list rather than all friends
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
  13.    #33  
    I'll work on the extra loading.

For the "default friends list", how do you set what friends you see on that list? I don't think I've seen that on LiveJournal...
    From the LJ FAQ: "Default View and Mobile View: If you create a custom friends group named Default View, your standard Friends page will display entries from your "Default View" group...."

Thanks for looking into this.
  15.    #35  
    Ah, interesting! It looks like this should be possible but it will take a bit of work - probably won't be able to get to it until after the holidays.
    Thanks for looking into it.
    Sounds like a great app!
  18.    #38  
    I'm happy to announce that LJ for WebOS (formerly WebOSJournal) is now available on the App Catalog. There have been a lot of new features since the last version, including:
    - uploading photos to imgur.com and including them in new posts
    - viewing your own posts as well as your friends posts
    - generally more reliable performance

To see a full list, check out the Official Home Page which has a full changelog since the last release.

Thanks a lot for trying out WebOSJournal, and I hope you'll give LJ for WebOS a shot!

-Greg
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I notice it sometimes takes a long time to load in all the posts.

Is there a way you can background load the posts so we can start reading the newest post right away and have it load more while you are reading?
    ARM
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Can anybody tell me whether this app allows the use of non-LJ systems that run off the LJ codebase? Has anybody tested it with Dreamwidth?
    also, does it allow posts to be composed offline?

Thanks - I'm not willing to pay 2.30 to find that it doesn't work for me :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12