Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Advanced BAC Calculator :

Update : Video tour available :

->download link

Advanced BAC Calculaor estimates your blood alcohol Content based on time. You can enter several drinks at several times and this software will display your blood alcohol Content in a graph.

Additionnal Features :
    Units conversions
    legal limits for driving
    and a lot of others !!!!

Download this demo version in homebrew apps to discover more features!

Soon available in the app catalog : 1.49$
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    now available in the home apps : download link

Tell me what you think of the app !
  3.    #3  

Full App submitted today in the official app catalog. Demo version updated to 0.6.1 in homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Advanced BAC Calculaor estimates your blood alcohol Content based on time. You can enter several drinks at several times and this software will display your blood alcohol Content in a graph.
    What if you're too drunk to enter accurate data?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What if you're too drunk to enter accurate data?
    well you don't need this app ....
  6.    #6  
    Advanced bac calculator is available in the official app catalog !!!
    I tried your demo version... I live in the US, and found several issues:
    1) Can't change units to lbs
    2) Have to use slider to enter weight (not accurate, let me type in a weight)
    3) The legal limit here is 0.08, but your limit slider only goes down to 0.1...
    I would purchase your app if it wasn't for these flaws.
    Would have sold me on it also!
  9.    #10  
    1) Can't change units to lbs
    Indeed, this is a demo version !!!

2) Have to use slider to enter weight (not accurate, let me type in a weight)
    Ok, i'll put a textfield instead of the slider

3) The legal limit here is 0.08, but your limit slider only goes down to 0.1...
    I didn't know there were 0.0x legal limits ! I'll fix all this in the new version !

Thanks for feedback
  10.    #11  
    The legal limit here is 0.08
    yes, but alcohol is in g/L : 0.8g/L = 0.08%

0.08 cg / mL = 0.8 g /L : take a look here ...

I'll do a better UI in the next version
  11.    #12  
    here's new demo version 0.6.2 :
    http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._0.6.2_all.ipk

I considered your ideas and released this new demo version. Full version will come soon in the app catalog

First, thanks for explaining the difference between g/l and %, your app makes much more sense now. I purchased this so I could give it a fair overview. A couple of things you may want to check:
    1) In the full version you must still use a slider to enter weight :-(

2) When you enter in a new drink, or edit an exsisting one, using the "+" and "-" buttons is REALLY frustrating... Could that also be a text box? (For size and alcohol percentage)

3) The standard beer size in U.S. is 12oz, could you provide a way for us to enter in drink presets for things we commonly drink, and an option to remove presets that we won't use (to save time scrolling through a huge list of things we'll never use)

4) How about an option to save previous settings (weight, default first drink, gender?) so that we don't have to re-enter in our info every time? (This would be especially useful after we've had a couple of drinks)

5) How about an option to save your profile when you exit, so you could open it back up an add a drink to your exsisting list? This way you wouldn't have to leave the app running to keep tabs on your drinks for the evening (we'd also need a way to reset the profile for the next night of drinking). Related to this, could you set the default time to the current time? Then we could click "add drink" and not worry about the time (we'd also need the OPTION to set the time just in case we started drinking before opening the app).

6) Finally, how about an option to save profiles of different people? Then we could have a default (one that comes up automatically), and add friends. This would allow us to pull up our friend's profile (weight, gender, first drink preference) without starting from scratch.

I look forward to seeing your responses. Thanks for a useful app, I'll wait to review it on the app catalog until you've put out some updates. :-D

EDIT: I also just noticed that in your demo of the new version, when viewing the graph, it uses g/l, in the full version will it use % if that setting is used? One last thing, on the graph (in the full version) the over-the-limit time doesn't match the first time that the limit goes above the preset.
    Last edited by ihatethisregistration; 12/28/2009 at 10:28 AM.
  13.    #14  
    -
  14.    #15  
    In the full version you must still use a slider to enter weight :-(
    Let us time to upload a new version !

2) When you enter in a new drink, or edit an exsisting one, using the "+" and "-" buttons is REALLY frustrating... Could that also be a text box? (For size and alcohol percentage)
    It's possible but i don't like textbox because it's a waste of time opening the keyboard. I'll try to find something better. Do you have any other ideas ?

could you provide a way for us to enter in drink presets for things we commonly drink
    I can give provide the user 3 custom drinks for exemple that user could set up
    If you want new drinks, just hit help menu -> ask for new drinks.. and i'll add them in the next version.

4) How about an option to save previous settings (weight, default first drink, gender?) so that we don't have to re-enter in our info every time? (This would be especially useful after we've had a couple of drinks)
    5) How about an option to save your profile when you exit,
    The app is saving Unit state, so it's "easy" to save other parameters !

6) Finally, how about an option to save profiles of different people?
    yes, i can do that ! great ideas !

full version will it use %
    Yes, in full version, graph will be in g/L or in % if you change units

Thanks for feedback ! I'll will add all your ideas to the next versions, but it will take a lot of time for me ! So you'll have to wait several months !

thank you for helping me to improve my app
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post

Thanks for feedback ! I'll will add all your ideas to the next versions, but it will take a lot of time for me ! So you'll have to wait several months !
    I'm in no rush, I'm just trying to give suggestions that could improve your rank in the app catalog. :-D In a couple of months when you've had a chance to make some updates, I'll rate it and write a quick review for the app catalog. Thanks again for your time.
    I noticed that units really vary according to where you are in the world. sounds like you have fixed that issue in your app. I work in a crime lab and do this type of forensic work. I was wondering if you use the Widmark formula in your calulations? also, are your drink %'s in volume/volume or weight/volume?
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjolnir View Post
    I noticed that units really vary according to where you are in the world. sounds like you have fixed that issue in your app. I work in a crime lab and do this type of forensic work. I was wondering if you use the Widmark formula in your calulations? also, are your drink %'s in volume/volume or weight/volume?
    I'm using widmark formula.

legal limit are in g/L or % = mg/mL (user can choose in full version)

Ex :

0.5 g/L = 0.05 cg/mL = 0.05%
  18.    #20  
    New version in the app catalog :

Version 0.6.3 :
    New unit conversion system. It is easier to understand
    User can create profiles.
    Some bugs fixed.

Purchase here : Advanced BAC Calculator

Saving profiles and preferences will be available in the next version and also custom drinks !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast