Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    that's an odd business. I guess asking vlc to go to something it can't handle could cause it to hang. Certainly, the windows file system is an ugly beast that the vlc team hasn't fully tamed.

thing is - I don't think I call that default folder until you start browsing, so vlc should at least run (after a quit/restart) until you browse...

edit: I think I have misunderstood. Are you setting this default in VLC itself rather than from the remote?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    In VLC itself - It has nothing to do with the remote BUT vlc itself. It could be Ubuntu specific *shrug* Thing is, with VLC http not working the remote won't ever work.

VLC works fine locally and will play fine, but locally accessing the http interface won't work.
  3.    #83  
    got it.

remember you can set a default browse directory from the remote, so you can skip that in vlc.

I'm guessing vlc has trouble with that directory, then just fails on the startup and gives up. You might get more info from the error log.
    Hobbyist Software
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    The page for this app on the PreCentral Homebrew Apps listing (VLC Remote Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community) provides version 1.8, however, the Official App Catalog (VLC Remote Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community), and Preware, are only showing me version 1.1. Any thoughts on why? I can certainly just download the ipk from VLC Remote Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community and install it via Internalz, Preware, etc., but I wasn't sure why the difference between the posts and/or what the differences were between the two versions? (And yes, I am updating my feeds in Preware for whatever that's worth...)
  5.    #85  
    not sure what is in the internalz feed.

1.1.0 is the latest version.
    Hobbyist Software
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    not sure what is in the internalz feed.

1.1.0 is the latest version.
    Thanks for the reply. Any idea what version 1.8 is on the PreCentral (this website) page at VLC Remote Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community It's not just a typo, as the file available for download is also named version 1.8.
  7.    #87  
    but is it really?

look closer?

Look again!

Hobbyist Software
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345