Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    2) you'll see the previous/next buttons to the left/right of the stop/play button
    press them!
    There aren't any. Just have a look at the screenshot. "Special Treatment" is an album/playlist with several MP3 files in it that I can skip in desktop VLC. Get the point?

http://www.ennomane.de/wp-content/vl...-03_163052.png
  2.    #62  
    that's interesting. I haven't seen that case before.

tell me more about what special treatment is; Is it a playlist, album, folder?

(e.g. how do I recreate this)

I'd also be interested to hear what the web interface does when you press next/previous (open http://localhost:8080 on your computer)

more generally - the normal way that vlc displays a playlist is to show multiple items. When VLC remote sees multiple items - it will offer to let you skip between them...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I am trying out the free version and every time I touch the screen to pause , stop, or move forward or backward in the movie...the "this is only a demo" screen pops up, as if this is not allowed. Did the demo vesion change or something. I am connected and the slider is showing the movie moving in real time, i just cant interact with it at all. I am interested is purchasing, but really want to play with it first.
  4.    #64  
    nothing changed (that I know of)

did you switch to landscape mode?

you should find that the basic controls on the front page work fine in portrait mode - but most other things pop up the 'this is only a demo' warning
    Hobbyist Software
    nothing changed (that I know of)

did you switch to landscape mode?

you should find that the basic controls on the front page work fine in portrait mode - but most other things pop up the 'this is only a demo' warning
    It doesn'y work in landscape or portrait mode. No matter what I touch, the "this is only a demo" screen pops up. I have tried reinstalling on the phone and also installing on another PC, everything connects flawlessly and slider show the file streaming accurately...I just can't interact with anything??
  6.    #66  
    where are you installing from? The palm catalog?
    Hobbyist Software
    where are you installing from? The palm catalog?
    yeah
  8.    #68  
    I'm completely baffled by this.

I have re-downloaded the free version from the catalog and it works fine for me.

I can't think what could be different.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm completely baffled by this.

I have re-downloaded the free version from the catalog and it works fine for me.

I can't think what could be different.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?
    OK, so I was uninstalling using gesture tap delete then reinstalling through app catalog. I got it working by uninstalling via WEBOSQI then reinstalling via app catalog (since it is not listed in the precentral app gallery feed) All is working now! Great app....will purchase upon next paycheck.
  10.    #70  
    glad it is sorted.

very wierd bug...
    Hobbyist Software
    hey confusedvorlon,

I have spent the last 1.5 hours trying to get VLC remote free to work. I wanted to try the free version before i tried the paid version. I use vlc to play movies on my laptop that I have connected to my tv. I would love to be able to control vlc with this remote. I have followed the directions on your wiki, and am still having problems. some background info: I have updated vlc media player to 1.0.3; i have windows 7 with standard firewall only; i have a d-link dir-615 router.

I downloaded the vlc remote free to my phone. I downloaded the connection utility from your website. I followed the instructions and tried the autopairing. I pressed the button, got the code, and put it into the program on the phone. The connection utility said that i had a success with my phone contacting the server. However, my phone says that the connection did not work, do I want to try again or save anyway. I then started reading about problems with networking. I first tried port forwarding 8080 through windows firewall and my router. That did not work. I then tried to disable both firewalls, which did not work. the only way i could figure out hwo to disable my router firewall was by placing my laptop in the DMZ. The way that I tried port forwarding through the router was my computer's IP address (192.168.0.xxx), with 8080 in the TCP and UDP fields. I do not know if this is correct. I have tried all the combinations I can think of including putting my phone's ip address in the router port forwarding field. No matter what I do, testing the port with online port checking tools says that port 8080 is closed. In conjunction, I cannot open http://192.168.0.xxx:8080 on my phone. I can open this and localhost:8080 on my computer and get the interface.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  12.    #72  
    Hi,

unfortunately, firewalls (particularly router firewalls) can be maddeningly unhelpful.

My suggestion is to start with the following

1) disconnect from the internet (for security)
    2) turn off your windows firewall completely
    3) turn off your router firewall completely

you won't be able to use auto-pairing now - but you should be able to connect by entering the IP address manually.

Once you have that connection, you can turn on the firewalls one by one and check that things still work.

the windows one _should_ be setup already - but check it anyway

then turn on your router firewall and figure out how to let port 8080 get from one computer in the network to another.

the DMZ approach is probably not a great idea - it effectively removes all firewall protection from your computer.

better is to just allow the 8080 port - and you don't even have to let that in from outside the network.

this page may help:
    Port Forwarding BitTorrent on the Dlink DIR-615

let us know how you get on.
    Hobbyist Software
  13.    #73  
    I added Keyboard controls:

They do a really nice job of giving you subtle control when the sliders are too clumsy.
    Hobbyist Software
    Bringing this back up. I figured out my issue and it is probably the same that other people are having.

In Ubuntu you need to edit the following file to allow access:
    /usr/share/vlc/http/.hosts

It works fine for me now! I think the 192.168.1.XXX network is automatically added but I changed mine to 10.0.0.XXX. Once I added that, it was fine. I have *no* idea why my android phone worked...
    Currently I am able to connect to VLC on Ubuntu 10.1 (which shouldn't matter) using the HTTP interface on any port that I designate for it.

However, the VLC remote seems to work only when I use the standard http ports 80 or 8080.

My preference would be to disable all standard ports including 8080, and would like to know to make the VLC Remote app work with non-8080 ports.

Thanks!
    Can you access the non-standard port locally via http/port? Sounds like a firewall/router issue
  17.    #77  
    the remote doesn't care about the port (as long as you enter the port manually)

I am assuming that you have tried
    http://<ubuntu ip>:8990 (or whatever port you like)
    from the browser on ubuntu and that address works correctly?

my guess is that your router is blocking non-standard ports. You can test directly by trying the same address from the browser on your iphone.

hope that helps...
    Hobbyist Software
    I had an issue this weekend after a small change that had me going crazy for a little while... I added a new drive and attempted to map it as the default folder in the VLC settings. No matter what I did, when the folder was listed there, it wouldn't work. Not even locally. Just leave it blank and navigate and it is fine.

Obviously an issue with VLC itself (permissions are set fine)
  19.    #79  
    hi thrillhouse,

can you clarify this. Are you saying that if you set the new default folder, then the remote wouldn't work, or that vlc wouldn't work, or something else?
    Hobbyist Software
    Both weren't working for me but the remote not working was a function of VLC itself being hosed. When I set the default home folder in VLC - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com would give me a 404 error. I was using the absolute path of /media/harddrive/Videos The second I left the home folder path blank, it worked locally and then via the remote.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast