Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    No wonder. With webOS 2.x all Calendar Functions in the SDK did change. All 1.x code will not work. I have the same issue with one of my Apps. It can be changed but it needs more then just one or two codechanges.
    es war ein nützliches Tool, habe es gerne verwendet, bis die Bahn kürzlich ihre Webseite verändert hat. Da das Tool vermutlich hierauf zugegriffen hatte, produziert es nun leider nur noch Fehlermeldungen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvmc-21 View Post
    es war ein nützliches Tool, habe es gerne verwendet, bis die Bahn kürzlich ihre Webseite verändert hat. Da das Tool vermutlich hierauf zugegriffen hatte, produziert es nun leider nur noch Fehlermeldungen.
    ja - schade. diese App habe ich auch am Häufigsten benutzt.
    Gibt es eine Chance auf einen Fix ?
    Ist der Autor auffindbar ?
    wollte mich auch grade melden. die app war superpraktisch, funktioniert ja auch noch, nur hat die bahn scheinbar die datenbank verändert. obwohl alle stationen noch zu finden sind, nur die verbindungen nicht mehr...
    Hallo,

zumindest hab ich es versucht: Die App scheint noch Antworten zu bekommen. Allerdings scheint sich das Ausgaformat der Ergebnisse verändert zu haben. Laut \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $Zeile$ $279$ $wurde$ $wohl$ $eine$ $Tabelle$ $nach$ $den$ $Ergebnissen$ $durchforstet$. $Dazu$ $wurde$ $eine$ $Funktion$ $benutzt$, $die$ $in$ \$lib$\$helpers$-$lib$.$js$ $Zeile$ $11$ $definiert$ $ist$.
    Wenn ich es richtig sehen, gibt es bei den Ergebnissen aber kein table mehr sondern nur noch ein div. Wie die entsprechenden Werte mit dieser funktion ausgelesen werden können kann ich mit meinem Programmierniveau nicht beantworten ...

Hi,

at least I tried: The app seems to get responses still. But the format of the response seems to got different. In \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $line$ $279$ $a$ $table$ $was$ $searched$ $for$ $the$ $results$. $To$ $do$ $this$ $a$ $function$ $is$ $used$ $that$ $is$ $defined$ $in$ \$lib$\$helpers$-$lib$.$js$ $in$ $line$ $11$
    If I'm right, then there is no table in the results any more but only a div. But I'm not able to understand how the result values are picked out with this function...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Hallo,
    Wenn ich es richtig sehen, gibt es bei den Ergebnissen aber kein table mehr sondern nur noch ein div. Wie die entsprechenden Werte mit dieser funktion ausgelesen werden können kann ich mit meinem Programmierniveau nicht beantworten ...

If I'm right, then there is no table in the results any more but only a div. But I'm not able to understand how the result values are picked out with this function...
    Thanks ! Can you post an example <div> with such data? Perhaps the data structure is still the same?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 05/01/2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: quoting
    Hi,

I'm not in Germany, so have not used this app.

An app I really like is from the days of PalmOS:
    MetrO

You can see it is available for many platforms including the current, 'big two'. So, it should still be updated.

It uses files instead of data on the net, so is not 'live', but can be used offline (including underground). You simply download the files for the transit systems you will use.

I have suggested / asked the developers to make an Enyo, cross-platform (OK, a webOS) version, but the friendly replies are, "No." I don't think it is open-source, but users can submit timetables in a certain format and get them made into data files - which I think are in readable text. The app reads the data and calculates the best routes, connections and journey times.

So, if anyone wanted to, they could make an app to read these files - either solely, or as a back up to online services.

It's just a suggestion and I don't expect anyone to do it, but the data already exists...

EDIT: I'm wrong. the data is in Palm database format, but might still be readable:
    http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/pilot/pdb/
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ing-a-pdb-file
    http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/pilot/pdb.txt
    http://superuser.com/questions/96641...r-reader-tools

The Metro format structure:
    http://metro.nanika.net/MetroC-en.html
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/01/2016 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Thanks ! Can you post an example <div> with such data? Perhaps the data structure is still the same?
    Ok, I uploaded the response I got in line 258 of \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $when$ $selecting$ &$quot$;$Stuttgart$ $Hbf$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$M$ü$nchen$ $Hbf$&$quot$; $as$ $stations$. $If$ $you$ $rename$ $the$ $copy$ $into$ $a$ $html$-$file$ $and$ $open$ $it$ $in$ $a$ $browser$, $you$ $can$ $see$ $that$ $the$ $result$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $ok$.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You can see it is available for many platforms including the current, 'big two'. So, it should still be updated.

It uses files instead of data on the net, so is not 'live', but can be used offline (including underground). You simply download the files for the transit systems you will use.
    I'm not really sure...
    I'm a big fan of offline data and also liked the this app in the past. But the reason I didn't use it any more was that I believed that the data isn't updated any more. When I download the zip-file and look into the included content I only find data that seems to be of 2013.

Edit:
    Oh, I found out that there are still tables in the response...
    I guess I did take a look into the source code of the response on my dektop pc yesterday where a lot of div blocks were found. I hope the problem is getting smaller now
    I hope a can spend a few more minutes later this evening or tomorrow for analysis.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nafetz; 05/02/2016 at 12:43 PM.
    I'm not really sure...
    I'm a big fan of offline data and also liked the this app in the past. But the reason I didn't use it any more was that I believed that the data isn't updated any more. When I download the zip-file and look into the included content I only find data that seems to be of 2013.

Edit:
    I guess I did take a look into the source code of the response on my dektop pc yesterday where a lot of div blocks were found. I hope the problem is getting smaller now
    I hope a can spend a few more minutes later this evening or tomorrow for analysis.
    You may be correct, but it may be that the last app update was in 2013 - if it is mature and stable, perhaps the developers don't feel the need to change it.

This blog seems to suggest that the timetables are being updated:
    MetrO Blog

Bahnfahren is likely simply a window on a web service, but my thinking is that a public transport timetable is basically a list of routes, each a list of stops, the travel duration between each stop and notes of connections. If there is an existing program that can produce a travel plan, then it should be fairly simple to convert existing timetable data from one format to another. If the program is working OK, only the data needs to be updated. If there is an option to alter the data on device, then even a lack of timetable updates can be fixed by the user. I bet most PalmOS apps still work because, there was less connectivity & speed in the past and apps had to reply on local or at least 'pre-downloaded' data.

The ideal solution is an app that can use offline data and update that data (download timetables) when a connection is possible or convenient.

If any existing webOS app is simply sending queries and receiving remotely processed journey plans, then using Metro app data would require building a new app rather than either modifying an existing app or translating Metro data to a format it can read. The availability of timetable data would be offset by the effort needed to build the app. I don't know how difficult it would be to calculate routes.
    Ok, I uploaded the response I got in line 258 of \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $when$ $selecting$ &$quot$;$Stuttgart$ $Hbf$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$M$ü$nchen$ $Hbf$&$quot$; $as$ $stations$. $If$ $you$ $rename$ $the$ $copy$ $into$ $a$ $html$-$file$ $and$ $open$ $it$ $in$ $a$ $browser$, $you$ $can$ $see$ $that$ $the$ $result$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $ok$.

Edit:
    Thanks for the upload "Stuttgart to München".
    It appears the content is from the regular webpage that online users get when using bahn.de
    So there is no specific API used but some web page scraping is done.

In the page there are entries like these:

<tr class="firstrow"><td class="station first">Stuttgart Hbf </td><td class="time">09:58 </td> <td class="duration lastrow" rowspan="2"> 2:12 </td>

Perhaps some class id like "station first" has changed on bahn.de and now Bahnfahren is no longer able to scan for the expected parameter.
    I did not yet look at \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs - $but$ $this$ $might$ $show$ $what$ $it$ $is$ $expecting$ $to$ $find$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This blog seems to suggest that the timetables are being updated:
    MetrO Blog
    Great link. Didn't see this so far. What a pitty, I was in Berlin some days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Perhaps some class id like "station first" has changed on bahn.de and now Bahnfahren is no longer able to scan for the expected parameter.
    I did not yet look at \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs - $but$ $this$ $might$ $show$ $what$ $it$ $is$ $expecting$ $to$ $find$.
    Well, I think I'm on the right way:
    The essential lines seem to be in \lib\bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $line$ $262$ $to$ $306$. $This$ $may$ $be$ $the$ $part$ $where$ $the$ $values$ $of$ $the$ $request$ $are$ $collected$.

I have problems to understand what this really means:
    Code:
    "//table[@class='result']//tr[position()>2 and position() mod 3 = 1 and not(@class='links')]/td[@class='time']"
    Does this collect the values of all td with class="time" of the 4th, 7th, 10th ... tr-tag?

I changed this (focus lies on the first part) in almost every line into
    Code:
    //table[@class='result js_adjustCellWidth collapse']//tr[position()>0 and (@class='firstrow')]/td[@class='time']
    This ended in the app running again, but only fetching one value. I hoped that all tr-tags with class="firstrow" are fetched but it failed.

I guess it's possible to patch the app. But I'm sorry running out of time at the moment. I think I can continue in about two weeks.

Below is a screenshot and the values I used for the essential lines. So if somebody wants to continue in the meantime this might be helpful
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Preemptive and Robbycop like this.
    Hi, wasn't so easy after all. I haven't used Bahnfahren very often, so I'm not sure how the app worked and looked before. So I took the screenshot that I found on [app] Bahnfahren für Bahnfahrer | webOS Blog and tried to fetch all the data that is shown on this picture.

There are some features I couldn't make work again because that would be a lot of work and I would really like to focus on my Kodi-app again
    • It seems like the old version had a date in every dataset. So the number of date-values generated the number of results. In the new version there isn't a date in the dataset any more. (This is the reason I only got one result in my first try to patch the app). So I had to look for another possibility to generate the datasets without having to code everything from the beginning. The disadvantage of my "quick" solution is that if you plan to travel overnight the date will stay the same. No big deal in my opinion...
    • I don't know how it was possible to get the dataset "10 minutes walk" into the result list. The way the data is presented in the new version of the bahn website it would be a lot of work to implement this. You can recognize such a missing information if the target station is not the same as the starting station of the next step.

So here is the result and some screenshots
    wow, this is exactly what i like this community for.

i will try the app asap, but im pretty sure it works great!
    Alibamboo likes this.
    You are right, absolutely the best community!!! And yes, it works great again, thank you so much Nafez It is one of the most important apps when traveling in Germany and even to check busses.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It's so cool, that this app survives. Thanks for your time an effort, Nafetz!

But: I can't install the patch, always getting an error (see attached file).

Any suggestions what to do now?
    - still loving webOS -
    Hi, I have to admit, that I still have problems to understand why some patches work and some don't.
    But I think it is important to have a unmodified version of the app installed. The file that is patched should be the same version that I had when building the patch.
    So I would suggest to backup your app data with save/restore and uninstall your currently app. Then install it again from the app-store in Preware and restore your app-data. Maybe then the patch can be installed.
    I would guess that a patch lists the lines of code to be changed along with the replacement. If the app has already been patched and the line doesn't match what's listed, perhaps that causes a failure? I know some devs say old patches should be removed before updates are applied.
    That is correct. If a previous patch to this file is installed, it will often fail. If the patch program can't find the modified original lines with the context in the patch (a few lines before/after) within a certain range of the specified line numbers, patching will fail. Patches to two different parts of a file may still be compatible, provided it doesn't move the original lines too far and thus out of range.
    Preemptive likes this.
    I uninstalled the app, deletedthe app-data and reinstalled it again: same problem.

Any ideas what to do now? Would love to get the app back running.
    - still loving webOS -
    Can you tell what device you are using (I guess a Veer)? What is your webOS version? What language are you using? Where did you get the Bahnfahren app from?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast