Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Fantastic application! Thanks Stefan567. Will be an indispensable companion when I go to Bonn in a couple of months. From Frankenbad to Robert-Schuman-Platz. Won't have to wait in the cold for long.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Bahnfahren does not install anymore. When I download it I only get the Icon on my Homescreen with the blue circle that means it's still installing. I know other Apps had this problem too and it was fixed by Palm. Can you ask them for it too please?!
    You're definitely not the only one having that problem. I contacted palm about it. Skimming though the comments for other apps shows that this problem seems to be a common one again these days. I just hope Palm will get it fixed soon. (And I hope it's really a problem on Palm, not that I did make some nasty mistake).

I'd pretty much expect the problem might be caused by some paches or "unauthorized" apps. But still, it's really strange that some users can't install some apps but can install others while other users have the problem with different apps.

Did you try and install the Bahnfahren app from the PreCentral Gallery? Maybe this works...
    what's wrong with Bahnfahren? Why doesn't it work anymore? After the 1.1.7 update I just get the message that it's not working. But what's the reason? I really miss it! I used it everyday...
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    what's wrong with Bahnfahren? Why doesn't it work anymore? After the 1.1.7 update I just get the message that it's not working. But what's the reason? I really miss it! I used it everyday...
    Murphy's law at its best: We submitted the update for Bahnfahren from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 about 5 weeks ago. Palm had no access to a German Pre at that time so the review got delayed a little bit (the mentioned 5 weeks). Eventually, they managed to approve the update. The same day, the Bahn.de website was changed so it became incompatible with the Bahnfahren app. We did some adjustments and now it works fine again - but only after the update to version 1.1.8. And as you might guess: It's currently in the review process at Palm.

Additionally, until Bahnfahren 1.1.6 we had a function built in that allowed us to update the Bahn.de adaptation library over the air. We removed this for security reasons and because it's not compliant with Palms regulations. The result is: We could easily publish a fix for Bahnfahren 1.1.6 which should work fine for all users. Users of 1.1.7 are stuck with the broken API and have to wait for the update to get published.

I will upload version 1.1.8 to PreCentral right now to get the new version in your hands as soon as possible.
    Thanks, Stefan567, particularly for keeping the 1.1.8 in homebrew app catalogue. Once you move it to app store as a paid application, people outside the 7 official countries won't be able to access it.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by loxpanpan View Post
    Thanks, Stefan567, particularly for keeping the 1.1.8 in homebrew app catalogue. Once you move it to app store as a paid application, people outside the 7 official countries won't be able to access it.
    Don't worry. Bahnfahren will remain free!
  7.    #47  
    Bahnfahren 1.1.8 ist now available in the App Catalog.
    Glad this is still around and will be. A really well thought and neat application --- to me besides the Facebook application it's the best.
    It seems that Bahnfahren is not working anymore since the last timetable change. If you have a transfer in the connection it shows "Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" in the details.
    It would be great if you could fix it! If its working it's one of my most use apps!
    Last edited by sockenfresser; 12/21/2010 at 05:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    True. As long as you don't have to switch Trains it is working fine.
    Are there plans to also include other countries, especially Switzerland?

Thanks for your great work
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It would be great to see the developers of "Bahnfahren" back in this forum. And it would be even more phantastic to get a halfway reliable quote on when "Bahnfahren" will be working again. Broken since the change of the time tables in December, and one msg on Twitter with no estimate. "Bahnfahren" is a very useful tool for many, so pleeeeease!!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Are there plans to also include other countries, especially Switzerland?

Thanks for your great work
    It worked perfectly for Switzerland and most other European countries before it broke back in December. I used it in Finland, no problems.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Bad News: The Programmer moved from Germany to the US.

Good News: He was beeing asked if MetaView can continue to code the App.

Press Thumbs!
    i created a fix.

1. download and extract the attached bahnAccess-lib.zip
    2. copy the bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $to$ $your$ $device$
    3. open a terminal connection ("novacom -t open tty://")
    4. replace the original bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $new$ $one$:
    "cp /media/internal/bahnAccess-lib.jsjsjs /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$preciouscoders$.$pre$.$bahnfahren$/$lib$/&$quot$;
    Attached Files Attached Files
    works like a charm again
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    +1

btw: you can use internalz to copy the file.
    If i could, i would thank you again. With your tutorial i learned also how to save/restore my app data (like angrybrids,...)

I know that there is a preware app for this, but manually i prefere.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The update to version 1.1.10 was available this morning in Preware. Works again like a charm. Thanks to Preciouscoder for making this work again.
    The "In den Kalender übernehmen" function doesnt work with webos 2.1 anymore. Hope this can be fixed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast