Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #21  
    Just submitted "Bahnfahren" to Palm. Any suggestions whether I should keep the version on PreCentral updated or not? It's going to stay free anyway.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan567 View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I keep on writing in English since some non-German users might be interested in this topic as well even if only to create such an app for their own country. But feel free to answer in German (if that's ok for the board), I can read that
    Hmm on second thought you are right. The App is also interessting for non-German users traveling to Germany.

This is already possible. Just tap on the star on the bottom right of a connection screen and the whole connection will be added to your favorites.
    Awesome. Tested it today. Worked just perfect!

For the future I plan to do these features:
    • Show more details about a connection
    • Select service such as "no ICE" etc.
    • Insert connections into calendar
    • Use GPS to find nearest stations
    Cool. I had another Idea. The official DB App (for Java Phones) has the posibiltiy to show a Image of the current Station. With that you can see to what streets the different exists from the Station are gooing. Is is verry usefull for Subway Exists.

CU

Lars
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Cool. I had another Idea. The official DB App (for Java Phones) has the posibiltiy to show a Image of the current Station. With that you can see to what streets the different exists from the Station are gooing. Is is verry usefull for Subway Exists.
    Good idea, but keep in mind that these pictures might be under a copyright.
    Stefan, please keep the precentral-version updated - the catalog is really not perfect yet (for non-us users), and people like me don't have access at all at the moment. So, at least until this is resolved... Please do.
    i love you thanks
    Just installed the app and I think it's fantastic. Exactly what i needed and I didn't even had to code it by myself.
    Please keep the app on precentral until the palm app catalog works for switzerland.
    thanks
    Hi Stefan,

I'm using it right now on my trip to Dresden. I have to agree that it is the best app available for the pre. Have you thought about to opensource it? I would be glad to help you with development.

Kind regards,
    Christof
  8.    #28  
    I have not decided yet if I want to open source the app. This also depends on the data provider, Deutsche Bahn. Let's wait a little and see if they react on the app in one or another way.

I'll try and keep the app in sync in both the gallery and (once it's in there) the App Catalog.

In the meantime - upon frequent user request, also in the German forums - I decided to set up a donation button. So feel free to take your chance if you like. Either by clicking on this link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...on_id=10194863 or on the button in the gallery or on the Bahnfahren website (Bahnfahren - preciouscoders.com)
  9.    #29  
    Bahnfahren was just approved to the Palm App Catalog. Feel free to download it either from here or there. The version currently is the same (even though they have a different verision number) and I will keep both updated.

Many thanks for all donators so far!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Good idea, but keep in mind that these pictures might be under a copyright.
    Just use google maps?

Fantastic application, 5* from a Swiss!!!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ..... and a supplement: I am often in Finland, for curiosity just searched the connection from Helsinki Airport (Tikkurila) to Jyväskylä (Central Finland): IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! Amazing!!!
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Just use google maps?
    IMHO Google Maps does not show this type of information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    IMHO Google Maps does not show this type of information.
    That's of course correct, but maybe better than to run into a copyright issue. And getting all these "proprietary" maps may be difficult for all stations (i.e. not only in Germany, since the application also perfectly works in other countries).
    At least, Google maps would give some help in orientation in an unknown city. In addition, in bigger stations, signage of where what to find is usually pretty good. No perference though for me, was just an idea.
    i would also glad to help with development of switzerland specific data (e.g zurich trams) if you decide to open source it

Markus
    maybe we can add a way to transfer found train to my ZugPlan app?
  16.    #36  
    Last night, the data provider changed the API to search for stations. I just released an update that fixes this issue and also adds some nice little features. Hope it all works since I didn't have that much time for testing.
  17.    #37  
    Version 1.1.6 of Bahnfahren is available at PreCentral and in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    changes?
  19.    #39  
    Changes can be found at Bahnfahren - preciouscoders.com (in German). Since the app is useful for users in Germany only, I'd like to keep the details in German.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Bahnfahren does not install anymore. When I download it I only get the Icon on my Homescreen with the blue circle that means it's still installing. I know other Apps had this problem too and it was fixed by Palm. Can you ask them for it too please?!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast