Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72
  1. #21  
    this is pretty awesome app, works beautifully with mac 10.6.2 for me...using the free version, will probably splurge for the full version soon...would've bought it no hesitation at about $2-3, or if it was a combination app (vlc, itunes, etc @ $5)...something you may consider with "media remote" being available for $5, but that only works for PC's.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    Remote reduces the wifi polling a lot when in the background, but it is still active and still uses wifi intermittently, so it will use battery.

    My suggestion would be to close it when you're not using it.

    Figuring out the best way to manage battery usage is another thing on my to-do list. I'm thinking that a preference to let users choose between more battery life, or more rapid updating of status would probably make sense.
    It must be my seidio battery not performing well.
    In case you were wondering, We have been keeping in touch via email (Adam)
  3. #23  
    I'm not even able to get the itunes remote helper listed in my itunes. My first guess is to update iTunes. I'm doing this right now, as much as it breaks my heart to destroy pre syncing.
  4. #24  
    In the Remote Menu > Remote Preferences, what does "Play pops to main" mean?
  5. #25  
    Every time the Remote App is opened, the email icon in the bottom right gives an exclamation mark, even though I have read the news feeds multiple times looking for updated news.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    I'm not even able to get the itunes remote helper listed in my itunes. My first guess is to update iTunes. I'm doing this right now, as much as it breaks my heart to destroy pre syncing.
    probably too slow to stop you updating - but that isn't the issue.

    stopping and restarting iTunes is probably all it needs. It is sometimes slow to spot new devices.

    The other possible issue is if you have 'look for remotes' turned off.
    That's covered in the troubleshooting here:
    Remote troubleshooting - Hobbyist Software
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
    Always get an error when opening iTunesRemoteHelper on my Mac.
    for anyone who sees this issue - we have pinned down the problem (though I don't really understand it yet).

    The issue was that when shizzle was copying iTunes Helper to his applications folder (which was protected) - then for some reason the permissions were getting changed. He had to manually go into the bundle and change the permissions for the sparkle.framework to read/write.

    I have asked my cocoa gurus for advice on why/when this happens.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    this is pretty awesome app, works beautifully with mac 10.6.2 for me...using the free version, will probably splurge for the full version soon...would've bought it no hesitation at about $2-3, or if it was a combination app (vlc, itunes, etc @ $5)...something you may consider with "media remote" being available for $5, but that only works for PC's.
    glad you like it.

    I have gone for reasonably deep integration with iTunes (and more integration to follow) rather than the combo approach.

    I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but my impression is that the combo app can only do the basic functions that are covered by hotkeys (play/pause/etc) and can't do things like showing playlists, album art, searching, etc
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    In the Remote Menu > Remote Preferences, what does "Play pops to main" mean?
    It actually does nothing on the free version.

    In the paid version, it controls what happens when you play a playlist/query

    One reviewer suggested that when you play a bunch of tracks, you should automatically pop back to the main screen.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    Every time the Remote App is opened, the email icon in the bottom right gives an exclamation mark, even though I have read the news feeds multiple times looking for updated news.
    that's odd. I haven't gone over that code in great detail (It is from a Palm sample app), but iirc, the idea is that once you look at each story, it kills the 'new stories' flag.

    edit: update, actually I think I made an error when I removed the IMDB button (I moved it to the menu). I'll fix this for the next version.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 12/02/2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  11.    #31  
    let me know what you think of the splash screen.

    The idea is to give the OS a really simple screen to show while it animates the app into view. The real setup is done in the background and swapped in when it is ready.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    probably too slow to stop you updating - but that isn't the issue.

    stopping and restarting iTunes is probably all it needs. It is sometimes slow to spot new devices.

    The other possible issue is if you have 'look for remotes' turned off.
    That's covered in the troubleshooting here:
    Remote troubleshooting - Hobbyist Software
    After installing bonjour (that would be a good add-on to your troubleshooting page; Bonjour for Windows ), checking those options, and restarting, it finally worked.
    I like this app very much and will look into buying this
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    After installing bonjour (that would be a good add-on to your troubleshooting page; Bonjour for Windows ), checking those options, and restarting, it finally worked.
    I like this app very much and will look into buying this
    wow - I'm pretty amazed that you had iTunes but not bonjour. I would have expected iTunes to bundle bonjour with it. I'll add this tip to the troubleshooting.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    wow - I'm pretty amazed that you had iTunes but not bonjour. I would have expected iTunes to bundle bonjour with it. I'll add this tip to the troubleshooting.
    I think bonjour HAD been bundled with my iTunes download but somewhere along the way it vanished. Might have been in the middle of one of my 'uninstall crap that I don't need to speed up computer' times.
  15.    #35  
    Hi folks - just a warning. My server is struggling under some crazy load at the moment, so the pairing server isn't working. This means you'll have to pair with your iTunes manually.

    I'm working to sort it out....

    update: pairing server working again.
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 12/11/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  16. #36  
    Hey confusedvorlon, I am currently using the trial version of your application and enjoying it thoroughly. No troubles pairing using Windows 7 Ultimate. I love the interface along with the overall snappiness of the app.

    I had one question though: does the full version have the capability to utilize iTunes DJ (as in, adding songs to the playlist). I'm not actually sure if this feature would be possible, but if so I would certainly be interested in upgrading to the full build.

    Having explored the feature list of the full app, I am definitely pleased with everything... but iTunes DJ would be the deal-breaker for me. My friends and I use networked speakers at parties, and most of them use (taboo) iPhones and iTouches to control the party playlist--making requests and such. It would be fantastic to add this feature the the Pre repertoire.
  17.    #37  
    update: the pairing server is now running again

    it has it's very own dedicated server for the next month.
    after that I'll move it to somewhere less expensive!

    please do update your helpers. Apart from making the pairing server work better - the new helper will correctly show all your playlists!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  18.    #38  
    phoenixfirez: the current app doesn't do anything with iTunes DJ.

    to be honest it isn't a feature I have used. Can you tell me a bit about how you use it?

    I may be able to work out how it works by looking at the traffic from the iphone - but I might not...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  19.    #39  
    Hi folks - just released an update to the helper app for mac os.
    It uses a new http engine which is more stable. (hopefully)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  20. #40  
    having trouble downloading the app to my phone using filecoaster. It is giving me an install error everytime. Any ideas?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions