Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Go To Tool Lite
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Nice.. i hope you will be finished today.. I have a date this evening for going Geocaching. Without your tool I'm screwed.

BTW any announce what new Features your update will have?
    Go To Tool Lite
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    Go To Tool Lite

Go To Tool Lite
    Mark I was using Go To Tool before PreCaching came out. But since then PreCaching has much much better Features so I deleted Go To Tool light. Sorry m8

Oh btw.. I tried to look at the Actual Version of Go To Tool light but it does not Install on my German Pre with 1.3.5.2 :P
    Since Precahcing can use favorites, the importing feture on Goto Tool Lite is becoming a less used tool in my arsenal for Geocaching. Plus GTTL's way of handling of opening up "nearset" pales in comparison to Precaching.

Nothing personal Mark, but it just takes way too long for GTTL to open a seperate actual browser page for GC.com. Then I have to zoom the screen and input the coordinates, GC number, description manually in the above screens, then save just to get it to apply the compass. Too much effort.

Precaching loads the caches when choosing 'nearest" and when I click on the coordinates, it loads them into the compass automagically ... much much more efficient. Choosing favorites, will save them into a list for me (simlar to importing).

Still I would like the ability to Import a large number of caches but for now the Favorites works just fine.
  4.    #164  
    Needs maintenance detection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    sweet! can you include that into the search options?
    I don't want to see that kind of caches in my "nearest" list.

Btw I didn't found a cache Yesterday because I did't saw that there was a Spoiler Picture avalible. Is it possible to detect that too?
  6.    #166  
    sweet! can you include that into the search options?
    I don't want to see that kind of caches in my "nearest" list.
    I'm afraid, it's not possible.

Btw I didn't found a cache Yesterday because I did't saw that there was a Spoiler Picture avalible. Is it possible to detect that too?
    Can you post me geocache code, I need to see example. Thanks
    Bug Report: In Preferences, the last option is cut off: "Recalculate distance i...."

Also on the recalculation of distance in the Favorites list, how often is the ditance calculated?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Can you post me geocache code, I need to see example. Thanks
    sure. take this one
    Sprinkler head???
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Bug Report: In Preferences, the last option is cut off: "Recalculate distance i...."
    Thanks, but it's not bug. I plan rotation.

Also on the recalculation of distance in the Favorites list, how often is the ditance calculated?
    Distance is recalculating everywhere (is buggy in normal list in last version). It is recalculated every 15 seconds (if is GPS signal good)
  11.    #171  
    Super, thanks! Now I know, what you mean. I will look at this tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Distance is recalculating everywhere (is buggy in normal list in last version). It is recalculated every 15 seconds (if is GPS signal good)
    Any chance of making this a selectable item? Maybe 1,5,10,15 seconds?

If I'm driving or biking, updating every 15 seconds is too long. In a car that would be .25 / miles in that time frame.

Thanks for the hard work.
  13.    #173  
    Any chance of making this a selectable item? Maybe 1,5,10,15 seconds?
    Its possible, but sorry, not for now. I have some other things now to do.
    I understand. Maybe in the future. Thanks.
    MapTool 0.9.4 (just published) will now work together with preCaching.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    This is a GPS issue. Quickest way to fix it is to go into the phone app, dial ##GPS#, and have it get a fix. It should take only a few seconds, and then preCaching should reflect the correct distances of the caches.
    I am having a similar problem - one I have seen mentioned in the forum before, but I have been unable to resolve.

When I start the PreCaching application and I click the "Nearest" button, it accurately displays the caches closest to my location, yet when I select a cache, and then press the compass link, it gives a distance of 6140 miles. When I move, the distance actually changes. When I click the distance, it opens a window indicating I am heading to a latitude of N 0".0.000 and a longitude of E 0"0.000. In addition, I can not get the cache to show using the "Show Target in Google Maps" nor the "Show Target In Mapping Tool" - perhaps due to the target being 4160 miles away from my current location.

It would seem the PreCaching can locate my current position and determine the nearest caches accurately, but when attempting to utilize the compass, those coordinates are not being loaded.

I have tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling PreCaching, by reseting the GPS using the ##GPS# dial fix, by installing the GPS toggle, and by uninstalling the Iphone Agent Spoof Patch. Are there any other solutions I should try?
    sounds more like a coord problem. When you send to cache to MapTool (latest version) it should be included in the target list. Check the coordinates here.
    This is a known issue. All GPS applications (Google maps, Goto Tool, etc) randomly have this problem. The unit will report being someplace your not. Happened to me last week using Goto Tool. I was being told my location was 1.5 miles away from a cache (it was only 500 feet from me), yet the cache location was correct in Google Maps but my location was not. Then again yesterday using Precaching.

Things to check though are: GPS services are ON. If not then the phone will use cell tower triangulation for a location. Inherently not as accuarate as GPS. Also if you have a bad view of the sky (or cant get a good satellite lock) it will defualt to the triangulation method above. To check your GPS accuracy, from your dial pad type ##GPS#. This will bring up the GPS Information page and all of the current readings.

For now just retry in a different location or at a different time as both have worked for me in the past.
    Again this is a problem when using AGPS (assisted GPS). Your phone is trying to read your position via your network and thus is effected by the environment. If you open the coordinates in MapTool or Google maps, they will be correct since those systems are actually placing the posted coordinates (from the cache listing) into their programs that are not using your wireless carriers towers. Then when you view your position in Google Maps it will show you way off but the cache will be dead on. Its receiving your coordinates from your tower position and the cache from geocaching.com. Only a couple ways to fix it:

1) move to a new location and try again.
    2) Try again in the same location at another time.
    3) Root your phone and find the instructions on how to add true standalone GPS to your device (search the forums). Very dangerous process that can completely brick you phone, so I dont suggest this unless you are VERY tech savy. (not sure if this totally would work though)
    Last edited by ocard; 01/17/2010 at 05:41 PM.
  19.    #179  
    Hi everyone,
    I want to share my last problems and want to listen your ideas, recommendations and experience.

I try submit preCaching to official app catalog two weeks ago... But my app is still stuck on "Being reviewed" status. I don't know, what to do. In details, I cannot change any details and also "Delete request" button not working.

I have one suggesting, whats it cause: application id. I guess i fail at com.georgo.org.precaching... I mean, georgo.org as developer vendor is bad. Also I found recommendation, where is "pre" as as prefix in name forbidden.

It togethen mean to change application name and (that is worse for all of us) application id..

Have anybody suggestion, what to do? I already contact Palm Support and wait. Until that, I listen you, my dear users Thanks !
    Sometimes it takes quite a long time to get your app enabled, even on update. At least the use of Palm in app names isn't allowed, don't know about Pre. At the moment you can only wait until it comes back. Paid apps seem to be faster...

com.georgo.org. is ok, i guess, but it should be (for uniquness) the reversed dev url. I should prepare to submit MapTool too.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast