Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Thanx for your app
    I used it last WE for a successful geocaching trip...

But one enhancement would be really great: make the full cache-description editable or at least allow the "copy to clipboard" option...
    For a multicache I used my own little app "ClassicNote" parallel to preCaching. The cache I searched had 4 or 5 waypoints you had to calculate by yourself. So I opened the description in preCaching and wrote the coordinate hints into ClassicNote by hand. If you would allow Copy&Paste it would be much easier to take your own notes in addition the the cache description...

Cheers,
    Seppel
    I tried the app today and all the cache locations had a distance of 4948 miles. The accuracy value was changing but not the distance... anything broken?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    read this threat ist a pre issue, nothing from the app. I did a cache today with one meter accuarcy.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjstone57 View Post
    I tried the app today and all the cache locations had a distance of 4948 miles. The accuracy value was changing but not the distance... anything broken?
    This is a GPS issue. Quickest way to fix it is to go into the phone app, dial ##GPS#, and have it get a fix. It should take only a few seconds, and then preCaching should reflect the correct distances of the caches.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzk3 View Post
    This is a GPS issue. Quickest way to fix it is to go into the phone app, dial ##GPS#, and have it get a fix. It should take only a few seconds, and then preCaching should reflect the correct distances of the caches.
    Turned out to be my issue. I had the Iphone Agent Spoof patch installed. Everything started to work after I removed it.
    I really would like to have the cache list in my MapTool app. What about a .loc export option?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  7.    #127  
    I wish all preCaching users Happy New Year and lot of caches found!
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    I wish all preCaching users Happy New Year and lot of caches found!
    I just used this wonderful little app for the first time today!!!!! THANKS and happy new year to you too!!! Really, awesome work!!!!

I agree with drkno above when he said..."One thing I was thinking that would be absolutely incredible, (I really don't even know if its possible.) Is to show the cache and where you are in relation using google maps. Essentially the way the iphone does it. I really don't know how to write programs, but if it could be done that would be rad!"

My friend brought his iPhone along and used his $10 geocaching app and I have to admit it looked really nice with the google maps integration but now I am just being REALLY picky. That said, I would pay $10 if the Pre had a geocaching app as clean and user friendly as the iPhone app.
  9.    #129  
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    ... is to show the cache and where you are in relation using google maps.
    There is way to see, where is cache and where are you.
    1. You can open compass and in App Menu select option to open in Google Maps
    2. There is swither in Preferences to use Google Maps as default (instead of built in compass)

In Google Maps you can set directions to target (as seen in attachment)
    Is this it?

I really don't know, how iPhone app look like or how it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I really would like to have the cache list in my MapTool app. What about a .loc export option?
    .loc export from preCaching? I think, it should be crazy, because you can export .loc files from geocaching.com itself

Better way will be API for MapTool - launch MapTool with some options and it will show (for example) all nearest caches (which i send thru parameters). What do you mean ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    .loc export from preCaching? I think, it should be crazy, because you can export .loc files from geocaching.com itself
    Ever tried it? It doesn't save a .loc file on my German Pre. Even download of a single cache description doesn't work directly from geocaching.com

Better way will be API for MapTool - launch MapTool with some options and it will show (for example) all nearest caches (which i send thru parameters). What do you mean ?
    This would be great. How does the launch with parameter works?
    GOTO Tool has the ability to Import GPX/LOC files into the Pre (up to 500 waypoints). The list it saves is then consantly updated by distance from you, even when you're moving. I find this incredibly useful when planning a cache outing and is the only reason I still use it along aside Precaching.

If Precaching had this ability, it would make it a perfect application and would completely trump Goto Tool.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This is the first I've heard of this, I'm using Go To Tool to cache right now. I'm going to get this app. also.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    O.K. I've downloaded it now how do I install it and get it working. Thanks for any help.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    O.K. I've downloaded it now how do I install it and get it working. Thanks for any help.
    Try search Preware in forum.
  16.    #136  
    Ever tried it? It doesn't save a .loc file on my German Pre.
    Oh, I never tried it from Pre, I always do it from web and put file thru mass storage.

This would be great. How does the launch with parameter works?
    It's easy. See attachment. There is first and second example I made. First app launches second with parameter "Santa" - it's string, but it can also be json. In Second application you can get parameters by Mojo.getLaunchParameters - and voi'la. And I also recommend to watch LightWeightApplication in Palm Samples

I will be great, if I can launch MapTool from preCaching!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, thx, I guess MapTool will show caches tonight or tomorrow. Do you have a suggestion for one cache object? lat, lng, id, name, type, http-link?
  18.    #138  
    Ok, thx, I guess MapTool will show caches tonight or tomorrow. Do you have a suggestion for one cache object? lat, lng, id, name, type, http-link?
    Can i send, for example JSON ?
    Code:
    [{lat:50,lon:14,name:"GC123",image:"http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/sm/2.gif"},{lat:50.1,lon:14.3,name:"Some multi",image:"http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/sm/3.gif"}]
    ?
    Almost done, wouldn't mind to have the link to the Geocaching.com site or back to your app too. How many of this cachetypes (images) exist?
  20.    #140  
    Almost done, wouldn't mind to have the link to the Geocaching.com site or back to your app too.
    Link back to preCaching would be nice (launch / open with GCcode in parameter in string ?)

How many of this cachetypes (images) exist?
    Lots. There is many cache types and waypoints types. URL to image will be nice.
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast