1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Jippi.. but Preware is not up to date....*wait*
    Take a coffe, Preware repository will regenerate soon, I hope
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Take a coffe, Preware repository will regenerate soon, I hope
    Good Idea.. I only had two cups until now.
    Just pulled the update from preware. Should be good to go! Never got a chance to play with 0.1.3 due to unfriendly weather. Can't wait to try this release.
    app is coming along great!
    It is amazing how fast you can develope new versions with great features!!

One more wish:
    Could you make it possible to save user defined targets in the favourite-list

Thanks for this app
    For an unknown reason PreCaching stays with Imperial Units, it completely ignores my changes in the preferences. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Best,
    Rince
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by rincy2000 View Post
    For an unknown reason PreCaching stays with Imperial Units, it completely ignores my changes in the preferences. Does anyone else experience this problem?
    How have you set geocaching.com ? For metric or imperial? Have you got detection in preCaching on ?
    Hi Georgo!

Thank you for the quick reply. I am soooo stupid; didn't know that I also have to set units at geocaching.com; thought that when I disable "Detect units" and switch "Units" to "Metric" it should change...just wondering, why is there an option to switch units in the application if I have to switch them at geocaching.com nonetheless...(afraid of being stupid again).

Rince
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    App is becoming fantastic. Your very quick on updates. Keep up the good work!
    hey, when you go into a cach and
    you get the needle is there...
    do you follow the red part?
    thanks

thanks
    Last edited by derik123derik123; 12/08/2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Yes. Red arrow is always pointing North.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Yes. Red arrow is always pointing North.
    so.. Follow the red arrow to
    the cache?
    Sorry. Yes follow the red arrow to caches. It doesn't change unless you are moving in a direction because the pre lacks a compass.
    Awesome update!! The only thing left that I could think of:

1) Import GPX / LOC queries.
    2) Once imported (or on any list) automatically re-sort list based on distance from the phone. This is a feature of Goto Tool that I like a lot.

Keep up the great work!!!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ive found an error that potentially will stop people from using this.

Whenever i would search up a cache, then go to the compass, it would say i was 7248 miles away, every time. Then a thought occurred to me, maybe its on of my patches. I went through my patches, and the only one that stood out to me that could effect the use of this app was the iphone user agent spoof http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html . I removed the patch, and it works.

I love the iphone agent patch because it makes all my pages load beautifully. Is there any way you can make it so that they can work together?
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    Ive found an error that potentially will stop people from using this.
    Hi, it's not preCaching problem, but Palm Pre's problem. It's described here.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi, it's not preCaching problem, but Palm Pre's problem. It's described here.
    I know its not a preCaching problem, but its incompatible with the iphone spoof patch. Ive tested it
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    I know its not a preCaching problem, but its incompatible with the iphone spoof patch. Ive tested it
    I don't think so. I tried this patch yesterday and compass (and also all navigation software) works good.
  19.    #119  
    Hi all. I have a lot of work in last days in my job, I neglected preCaching. I preprare little minor version. 0.1.5

Time to time I had problem with downloading cache list and/or cache detail - GSM sometimes lost my http request and spinner turning around for a very long time. So I made timeouts.

German and Czech user can celebrate. Thomas Wagner prepare German translation, myself made Czech (for Czech fans, there is nice tutorial). Not all string are translated, but it is on good way.

With this i made some changes in code, which are blocker to publish preCaching in official catalog. Only one small obstacle left, so, cross the fingers, I will try it before christmas.

And the last - check preferences. There is toggle to clean cache - All cache details are stored in SQLite. You can setup automatic clean, which is clean all caches, older than 5 days (exluding favourites)

Enjoy new version. All reports (bugs / features requests) are welcome.

New version will be available thru Preware in few moments.
    I downloaded it as soon as I saw it release. Been playing with it and updating to the latest build since. Very nice app! Well done sir!

One thing I was thinking that would be absolutely incredible, (I really don't even know if its possible.) Is to show the cache and where you are in relation using google maps. Essentially the way the iphone does it. I really don't know how to write programs, but if it could be done that would be rad!

Regardless, thanks for making the Pre a little more fun!