Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    How about adding the comments from the page? The comments sometimes help people and gives them more hints.

And its a great app, but i have 2 issues.
    1st. It says that i am 7824 miles away from the cache, when i clearly know that the caches that the "nearest" option have found are not 7824 miles away, but they are just down the street.

2nd. When i bring up the location in Google Maps, it doesn't take me to the location. A couple times it took me to MY location, and i just tested it out again and it appears that my cache that's in a local park is now located in South America.
    Fantastic already and getting better by the day. You need a paypal donate page, my friend! By the time you can use official APIs, this should be ready to go for a great price in the App Catalog. Thanks!
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    How about adding the comments from the page?

1st. It says that i am 7824 miles away from the cache, when i clearly know that the caches that the "nearest" option have found are not 7824 miles away, but they are just down the street.

2nd. When i bring up the location in Google Maps, it doesn't take me to the location.
    Hi. If you mean last logs, it's planned.
    1) Weird. Can you send me some more information? You're currenct GPS position for example? Try switch units to metric, maybe I do something wrong with miles
    2) It's somewhere in this forum, it's bug fixed in last release (from yesterday). Do you have last release?

Thanks.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Fantastic already and getting better by the day. You need a paypal donate page, my friend! By the time you can use official APIs, this should be ready to go for a great price in the App Catalog. Thanks!
    Hi,
    thanks! Official Groundspeak API an App Catalog will be nice, but today I dont have courage to do it, because there is still lot of work to do. Donate? There is option in SourceForge, check first post
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    hi, thanks for this awesome app. I'm having a no fix issue at the compass but if I tap the no fix it shows the distance to the cache...
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_pr View Post
    hi, thanks for this awesome app. I'm having a no fix issue at the compass but if I tap the no fix it shows the distance to the cache...
    If you tap "No fix" it shows Horizontal Accuracy of device - If you have No Fix, that mean, your GPS have fix worse than 14 meters - and that's not useful for caching.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    If you tap "No fix" it shows Horizontal Accuracy of device - If you have No Fix, that mean, your GPS have fix worse than 14 meters - and that's not useful for caching.
    how much does it take for the pre to get proper accuracy? I waited for more than 5 minutes outside and nothing. Google maps shows my exact location.
    This app is getting more and more perfect!
    Thanks a lot for that!!!
    Right now, I didn't try it while searching, but I will do within the next days. I'll also come back with my experiences.
  9.    #89  
    how much does it take for the pre to get proper accuracy? I waited for more than 5 minutes outside and nothing. Google maps shows my exact location.
    In my case it will be in 10 to 20 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wired4611 View Post
    How about adding the comments from the page? The comments sometimes help people and gives them more hints.
    Seconded
    This is a known issue. All GPS applications (Google maps, Goto Tool, etc) randomly have this problem. The unit will report being someplace your not. Happened to me last week using Goto Tool. I was being told my location was 1.5 miles away from a cache (it was only 500 feet from me), yet the cache location was correct in Google Maps but my location was not. Then again yesterday using Precaching.

Things to check though are: GPS services are ON. If not then the phone will use cell tower triangulation for a location. Inherently not as accuarate as GPS. Also if you have a bad view of the sky (or cant get a good satellite lock) it will defualt to the triangulation method above. To check your GPS accuracy, from your dial pad type ##GPS#. This will bring up the GPS Information page and all of the current readings.

For now just retry in a different location or at a different time as both have worked for me in the past.
    Last edited by ocard; 12/05/2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: added more information
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    used the software today along with my gpsmap 60csx and works great as long you don't go under trees, but that's a pre issue, on clear skys works awesome. I think so far the missing feature is logging and uploading pictures from it.
    used the software today along with my gpsmap 60csx and works great as long you don't go under trees, but that's a pre issue, on clear skys works awesome. I think so far the missing feature is logging and uploading pictures from it.
    Logging can be done from the cache page you are seeking and pressing the 'paper airplane' icon in the lower right. Takes you right to the Log page for the cache.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Logging can be done from the cache page you are seeking and pressing the 'paper airplane' icon in the lower right. Takes you right to the Log page for the cache.
    yeah I know, but I was referring within the app not through the browser. But I don't know how far you can go without breaking groundspeak TOS or whatever.
    Used this for the first time today. I used the compass to get close but then it seemed to get wonky. It started jumping back and forth. Flipped over to Google Maps and walked straight to it. It may have something to do with our cell signal where I was. All in all, very good app. Looking forward to using it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgo10 View Post
    Hi,
    thanks! Official Groundspeak API an App Catalog will be nice, but today I dont have courage to do it, because there is still lot of work to do. Donate? There is option in SourceForge, check first post
    Ah! Didn't recognize the SF logo. My contribution is meager, but it is a thank you.
  16.    #96  
    Will be in next release: Favourites list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Great App. Thanx a lot !

It would be great to see the cache-attributes with this app.
    Google-Maps is ok, but OpenStreetMaps would be better, because there are more ways upside the streets, in parks and in the forest.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    impressive, most impressive
  19.    #99  
    Celebrate, 0.1.4 is out.

• Cache list
      • favourites caches
    • Cache detail
      • geocaches are cached into memory
      • added icons for favourites and compass
    • Compass
      • show distance when having bad GPS signal
    • preCaching itself
      • freed memory after scene cleanup

All viewed cache details will be stored in inside SQLite database. That means faster loading of already opened caches. All caches you can now mark as favourite, so you can select caches from home on Wi-fi and cache outside without network signal. In cache detail under (i) button you can see date, when ware cache details downloaded. After 5 days, when is probably cache outdated, is new "clock" icon shown in title. You can reload cache in Application menu.
    Last edited by Georgo10; 12/07/2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Jippi.. but Preware is not up to date....*wait*
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast