Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445
Like Tree3Likes
    Due to changes on the gc.com website, coordinates are not parsed correctly. I will release a fix asap.
    I uploaded a new version to the app catalog and it's waiting for review. If you dont want to wait, try this package:
    http://gcgogo.yz.to/to.yz.gcgogo_1.0.3_all.ipk
    I'm trying to get developer access to this forum to post it in preware, too.
    Patty21,

you rock!

Thank you very much
    Ko_Sensei
    Thanks for update. Official app catalog is terrible slow to react to changes on geocaching website, so yesterday, I couldn't download coordinates. Preware would be great idea.
    I applied on wednesday for a developer account here on precentral to submit the app to preware, but there is still no response. It seems, that they are not faster than the app catalog.

To avoid this problem in the future, I'm planning to implement an online update for the parsing pattern. Every time you start the app, it will scan for new pattern (you can disable this in preferences). If there are minor changes on the gc.com website (like now), I only need to upload a new pattern and the app immidiately continues to work. An update of the whole app will be not required anymore.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    Due to changes on the gc.com website, coordinates are not parsed correctly. I will release a fix asap.
    The old version still worked (I was camping and caching over the weekend and did not update) for me but I upgraded both nonetheless.

Many thanx again.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    I have problems in entering coordinates in the gc-gogo compass; I always get an error message that the format is not recognized.

I have tried "N 50 5.769", "N 50 5.769", "50N 5.796" - and also all with a comma ("5,769"). I cannot find a mystery cache without this function.

Else, the app is absolutely great.
    Try to skip the N, I would expect either somthing like "50 5.769" works or you need to convert the coordinate into the degree format DD.DDDDDD.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by florik View Post
    I have problems in entering coordinates in the gc-gogo compass; I always get an error message that the format is not recognized.
    Confirmed, there is a bug in the compass code (if you enter your destination directly there). I'll post a fix asap.
    Workaround: Open the cache view, add a waypoint, enter the desired coordinates and navigate there.
    Thank you for a great app. Thanks to George for creating the original. I have both apps, but the original (which I had been using for some time) stopped working. Replacement works great!

Request: Please state in the app catalog that this is a "fork" (possibly using other language) so that infrequent users like me know that it can be used as replacement for original. I did not understand this until I read a good part of this thread.
    Yesterday's geocaching.com update broke the login again. Any chance to fix it, patty21?
    I fear that the change might be a bigger one, since they now also included the possibility to login with a facebook account.
    Try gc-gogo:
    GC-gogo

Change may affect this app too, but Paty21 is now working on this fork and not on original app.

For me it works fine, but I'm possibly logged in from time before change.
    My bad. I followed my wrong/old bookmark. I am using GC-gogo. And today loggin in works fine. Apparently the problem logging in was something else, just by chance happening shortly after the update of gc.com.
    Thanks anyway!
    apparently the site updated again. I just installed the app and get the "error occurred on cache code parsing" error. Shame because I'm on my break and there's a cache close by.
    Is it fair to say that this will not be corrected?

Error occurred on cache code parsing.
    As I wrote few months ago: Try gc-gogo - it is clone with new features and with errors corrected.

GC-gogo
    Is it fair to say that this application and thread should be closed. Even if the application cannot be shut down, maybe close this thread with a note on the last post that users should download the new application. Just a thought from someone who tries to make life easier for others. (In other words, a good Al-Anon, LOL).
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445