Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patty21 View Post
    @Jakuje & ginpre:
    Are you sure, that you started the beta? If you have both installed (beta and full version), only the beta will be fixed by the update. The full version is keeping the login problem.
    Well, at least I am tapping on the icon for the beta ;-)
    But I will try to uninstall both versions and only installing the beta this afternoon, when I have a little spare-time.
    Beta deleted and installed again, but same problem. Over wifi or over 3G loging in fails. I don't want spam, but it realy doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
    Beta deleted and installed again, but same problem. Over wifi or over 3G loging in fails. I don't want spam, but it realy doesn't work for me.
    Same here. It doesn't work for me with the beta. Getting the error "login incorrect".
    I'm using a Pre3.

Highstacks
    And here.
    Uninstalled both versions. Did a device reboot. Installed the newest beta version. Did another device reboot. "Login incorrect"
    And here too!
    Uninstalled both versions. Did a device reboot. Installed the newest beta version. Did another device reboot. "Login incorrect"
  6. s_z
    I'm using the latest beta (2011.10.09) and it works perfectly! My phone is a Pre 1.
    Same issue, Can not login.
  8. s_z
    One of the best geocaching apps around is "c:geo" (for Android). When you look at their website (cgeo.org) you'll find that they are having the same issues:

* small bugs due to GC.com change
    * Adapt to GC.com changes - login issue

I really hope there is a kind of LiveAPI for gc.com available - and maybe someone can build this LiveAPI in our beloved geocaching app (for webOS).
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    This API is only avalible for the official Paid Apps from GROUNDSPEAK
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    This API is only avalible for the official Paid Apps from GROUNDSPEAK
    The "official paid app" from GroundSpeak is hardly up to the task...I bought it and I refuse to use it. We need an app similar to what we are using (or trying to use) now. Paying for apps is not an issue. Paying for low quality apps is.

<sigh>
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    insane42 likes this.
    As many others, I'd like to acknowledge that the latest version (2011.10.09) worked fine until Wednesday, 10/12, failed to login starting Thursday, 10/13.
    This, plus s_z's finding
    makes clear that GC changed something on the web site again, and thus all we can do is to hope that patty21 is willing to fix this again ;-)

Ko_Sensei
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ko_sensei View Post
    As many others, I'd like to acknowledge that the latest version (2011.10.09) worked fine until Wednesday, 10/12, failed to login starting Thursday, 10/13.
    This, plus s_z's finding
    makes clear that GC changed something on the web site again, and thus all we can do is to hope that patty21 is willing to fix this again ;-)

Ko_Sensei
    Well, I don't know if I am just blessed or the app will crap out on me tomorrow when I go out caching but it still works in regards to what I need it for. I can browse and read logs "live" which is the most important to me. I have not check posting logs yet...that comes tomorrow.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2
    I uploaded a new version which may fix the login error on some devices. On my pre the old version still works ... I hope, I found the problem.
    If you have a working app, there is no need to install the update.
    I uploaded a new version which may fix the login error on some devices. On my pre the old version still works ... I hope, I found the problem.
    If you have a working app, there is no need to install the update.
    No change Same error.
    I think, I found the problem now. When logging in, you will recieve a cookie which is used for future authentication on alle sites of gc.com. This cookie is stored on your device. As long as the cookie is valid, no new login is required and the app works fine. When the cookie expires, the app tries to login with username and password, and this didnt work.
    Please install the beta.2011.10.15 asap, because otherwise your app may work today and fail tomorrow.
    I think, I found the problem now. When logging in, you will recieve a cookie which is used for future authentication on alle sites of gc.com. This cookie is stored on your device. As long as the cookie is valid, no new login is required and the app works fine. When the cookie expires, the app tries to login with username and password, and this didnt work.
    Please install the beta.2011.10.15 asap, because otherwise your app may work today and fail tomorrow.
    I can log in now.
    Hi Patty21,

thank you very much for your work!

I downloaded your latest version, and all works fine again.

Greetings
    Ko Sensei
    Finally it works for me.
    Do you know if that will stay so for a while?

Highstacks
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    It will stay that while until Groundspeak changes their homepage. There is nothing anyone can do against it
    I'll write an email to groundspeak and ask for access to the api ...
    I got mail from groundspeak. They offer me access to the api, attached was a license agreement (16 pages) and an enrollment form.
    The api is free but there are a lot of conditions and restrictions... they want to earn money by selling additional features to the end user. With a free gc.com account you can request 3 traditional caches per day. I have to advertise these premium features and the live api. Reading the website (like the app currently does) is not permitted at all.
    I will recieve a license key, which is not public and only for this app on this platform. That means I have to close the sources and I can only offer it in the app catalog.

Now we can decide:
    If we are changing to the new api, we get information in advance, when the api changes and we will not have any problems if the website is changed again. But I dont like the idea to develop a free app and groundspeak gets all the money. We can also develop a paid app (apps using the live api are $10 for bb and ios and $4 for android), but I dont want to take the free code from georgo, change the api and sell it.